Sign in to follow this  
Scolar

Cant Install PMDG 737 on V4 because I have V3

Recommended Posts

I just installed v4 of prepared, launched it and then tried to install the pmdg 737. When the popup menu came up I select modify, didn't work so I then tried repair and that also didn't work. I than remove the product from v3 and tried re-installing it. After the whole install processes I check the operations center and the game and it wasn't showing. I am not going to uninstall p3d v3 because I am still going to use sometimes. Please help!!!!

Martin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

1 hour ago, MMW3 said:

Please help!!!!

Uninstall. Reinstall.

There are a few posts here on the forum that explain that this is required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Does this mean if you own the PMDG P3D version you are only allowed to have it installed in either v3.4 or v.4.1, not both at same time ?

please Advise

 

Brgds

S.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, solsen said:

Hi,

Does this mean if you own the PMDG P3D version you are only allowed to have it installed in either v3.4 or v.4.1, not both at same time ?

please Advise

 

Brgds

S.

Soren,

 

No you can have it installed on both of them, but if you had it installed on V3 and then installed V4, then in order to install the ngx on v4 you need to uninstall and reinstall so the installer can see both v3 and v4 and install on both if needed.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also make sure you have the latest installer downloaded from your account on the PMDG site. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2017 at 2:18 AM, Olympic260 said:

Soren,

 

No you can have it installed on both of them, but if you had it installed on V3 and then installed V4, then in order to install the ngx on v4 you need to uninstall and reinstall so the installer can see both v3 and v4 and install on both if needed.

 

 

Hi Chris,

I also have been using P3d v3 with PMDG 737NGX and wanted to install v4 along side without deleting V3.  The biggest reason for wanting to keep V3 is that a have many training flights saved that I load for future use.  These saved scenarios are a lot of work to put together with locations, runways, approaches, frequencies etc, etc.

 If I uninstall the PMDG and then reinstall to use with v3 and v4, wont I lose all of theses saved flights and all there data?   I would also lose keyboard commands and settings right? 

If so, can I save the panel state files and then re-copy them into the panel state files after reinstalling PMDG?  I just hate to lose all of my settings. 

Dan Rice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, flyboy738 said:

Hi Chris,

I also have been using P3d v3 with PMDG 737NGX and wanted to install v4 along side without deleting V3.  The biggest reason for wanting to keep V3 is that a have many training flights saved that I load for future use.  These saved scenarios are a lot of work to put together with locations, runways, approaches, frequencies etc, etc.

 If I uninstall the PMDG and then reinstall to use with v3 and v4, wont I lose all of theses saved flights and all there data?   I would also lose keyboard commands and settings right? 

If so, can I save the panel state files and then re-copy them into the panel state files after reinstalling PMDG?  I just hate to lose all of my settings. 

Dan Rice

Dan,

You can just save the  panel state folder and replace it after the installation for the saved scenarios.

For the settings you can backup the files inside the PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\Aircraft so that you have your liveries settings and then from the \PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX the options,ini and shortcuts.ini.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this