Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

P3D v4: AI Traffic Seperation

On 1/7/2019 at 3:15 PM, Alberto Zanot said:

is there someone who have Super Traffic Board on P3D 4.3?

Does it really works? (With UTLive)
Does it separate AI for real?
Does it avoid GoArounds?

Thanks!!

I haven't tried this addon in a while but I used it in P3DV3 with UT2 and it would remove AI within a set distance (by default any aircraft within 3 nm of user aircraft) when within a set distance of the destination airport (by default 5 nm).

It has been updated to support UTLive partially. So I can't comment if it works as I haven't tried.

On 1/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Alberto Zanot said:

As longer as it's useless... 

You're wrong, the performance is noticeably improved and so are the visual elements. Don't knock it until you try it. 

• Like 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 1/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, Alberto Zanot said:

is there someone who have Super Traffic Board on P3D 4.3?

Does it really works? (With UTLive)
Does it separate AI for real?
Does it avoid GoArounds?

Thanks!!

I use SuperTrafficBoard with 4.4 and previously with 4.3.   Unfortunately I don't have UTL but I don't see why not.   

It does not separate aircraft.  There is no program currently in P3D that does separation of AI.   And this also answers your 3rd question.  

SuperTrafficBoard does have a feature to limit the AI percentage and also ZAP (delete certain AI aircraft) if they are in your way or causing a GoAround.  You can also eliminate aircraft sitting at gates at nearby airports to also help with FPS.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

17 hours ago, simbol said:

Hi Jason,

This is tricky as it all depends of what AI traffic method you are using, traffic injected via SimConnect (UTL for example) have a better chance to control this as the injecting add-on itself can check what your current FPS are and avoid the injection on the first place and on this regard UTL has a setting that allows end user to set their desired FPS.

If you are using .BGL files, you are going to be out of luck as P3D measures the level of traffic set at a global level, so the .BGL files need to be created more optimized for these regions with the proper set of percentage per aircraft, unfortunately I haven't see yet any software asking end users what level of traffic they wish to have "per region" and on top of, compiled AI traffic BGL files are always configured to show end users lots of aircraft on the simulator as vendors want to demonstrate how good their products are.

Traffic Optimizer and FSUIPC can only remove the traffic (ZAP approach) after it is available on the reality bubble, this is as far as they can go due to technical limitations, so the secret is to attack the problem at the source, if your AI traffic BGL files are configured with the right amount of settings per region you should see less problems.

With the current SDK functions and available technology is very little what we could do, however we could set an experiment with P3D 4.4 to alter the global traffic levels settings at run time (using SimConnect) and see how the sim reacts, so if you approach the UK airspace at 90KM it will reduce your AI traffic settings under P3D to 20% for example and after leaving the region it would increase it again.

I am currently super busy testing with the beta team AILRP (AI Lights Reborn Professional code name) as I just implemented a new feature that I believe everyone is going to love, send me a PM with your email and we can discuss later this year if the approach above could work.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

This is a great answer.  Thanks.  Didn't know UTL did traffic injection differently.  I don't have UTL and prefer my custom AIG bgls.   I know the AIG bgls you can adjust the percentage of the traffic bgl but not sure if we can do it by region.   I'll have to look.  

Maybe the UTL method will be the way to go in the future.   

AILRP is a great program but when you finally get a chance to do the AI Traffic program people will be throwing money at you.  Like me!  

Edited by jason99vmi
  • Like 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

23 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

AILRP is a great program but when you finally get a chance to do the AI Traffic program people will be throwing money at you.  Like me!  

You build things one brick at a time, no good in having all your AI traffic approaching at you correctly with unrealistic lights, they will look like UFO's invading the airport.

So my road map has a logic.. we make the AI traffic look good, then we make it behave good.. :wink:.

Regards,
S.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes please. The default AI traffic is so unrealistic. I will also be throwing money at Simbol if he manages to do this 🙂 I'm not interested in the others if they don't use the atc. I have Editvoice pack and UTL just waiting for a good AI mod. Also looking forward to realistic lighting, all sounds good!

• Like 2

Simbol your pro light program is on my shopping list.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Thanks guys,

My beta team is really amazing, we have been testing AI Lights Reborn Professional edition for several months and things are coming along very well.

I am now tweaking the last phase of the project, which is custom Landing and Taxi effects to replace the P3D defaults, all is going well..and if not mayor problems occurs in the next 2 weeks I should be able to demonstrate these in full spectrum during the next Flight sim show in Orlando and provide to my beta team members the release candidate for final checks.

AI Lights Reborn Professional edition will be out definitely this year, so there are exiting times ahead for the AI world :).

Kind Regards,
Simbol

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1