Sign in to follow this  
eXpress48

P3D v4: AI Traffic Seperation

16 hours ago, Pe11e said:

Any news on this project? I look forward to well behaved AI 🙂

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Many thanks for your interest and support for my projects and products.

There have been some hurdles with AI Lights Reborn Professional edition that delayed the project, this is due to some faults with Lockheed Martin SDK which some were fixed on 4.3 and others on 4.4, unfortunately there are some SDK bugs that LM were unable to resolve for P3D 4.4.

This has increased the workload to finish the product as I have to work around these SDK issues / problems and to do so requires thousands of lines of code and routines (hacks to overcome the issues), so unfortunately this has delayed everything else.

I will release AI lights Reborn Professional edition this year first (hopefully during the 1st Qtr) and then post some exiting news regarding the AI Runway Control project, the project is still in development and it hasn't been cancelled, so you guys have nothing to worry about, just bear in mind product specifications might change as the P3D SDK evolves and improves over time.

All the best,

Simbol 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Please just make it at least backward compatibility with 4.3! please...

I am not moving to 4.4

With all due respect, this is exactly the problem P3D is facing . We cannot have  backward compatiblity in perpetuity, otherwise the platform will never advance optimally .  You have to move forward or stick with what you have, but you can't expect developers to keep doing double the work.  I’m not sure why developers - and LM themselves always get duped by this backward compatibility blackmail.

This is the reason we still have crappy terrain, crappy performance, flat runways and a lighting system which has  only just been modernised. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, ErichB said:

blackmail.

Woah, strong words... No one is blackmailing nobody.
C'mon, with 4.4 we have PBR... Wow... But there are still clouds shadows bugs, stupid AI controlling, super demanding not optimized dynamic lights... etc.etc.etc... since V3.
Who cares about PBR! LM should fix important stuff first, and then users advance.

That's why im not going 4.4.

END OF OFFTOPIC

Edited by Alberto Zanot

1 minute ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Who cares about PBR! LM should fix important stuff first.

And they are, but such fixes will always be available with the next version of the SDK or the Simulator, each fix or new feature introduced to the P3D SDK will only work with their correspondent Simulator version and therefore it requires end users to use the new version to see the benefits.

I hope this answer your question.

Kind Regards,

Simbol

is there someone who have Super Traffic Board on P3D 4.3?

Does it really works? (With UTLive)
Does it separate AI for real?
Does it avoid GoArounds?

Thanks!!

On 10/23/2017 at 2:23 PM, simbol said:

My objective is to deliver something that allows end users to still heard the ATC talking to the AI even when I am controlling certain behaviours, things like back tracking the runway! hell I hate that!, or things like long queues on the runway to take off! AI planes will have runway slots like in RW operations, I am also planning to address the stupid landing taxi speed and proper runway exit procedures (use proper fast exits or at least the nearest exit but ahead not behind you), and of course proper landing separation, and other things that have been annoying me for over 15 years of flying simulation experience.

Don't forget the comet's impact these poor runways suffer every time an AI "touches down" 😉

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, Alberto Zanot said:

Who cares about PBR!

The 4.4 changelog is much, much longer than PBR

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ErichB said:

The 4.4 changelog is much, much longer than PBR

As longer as it's useless... 

IMHO, unless there’s some major known issue with a point update (as there was with one of the P3Dv3 updates), no developer should feel required to support/develop for anything other than the latest version.

Updating is so easy these days  I don’t see what the big deal is once addons have been made compatible.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Having a fully customized sim, with acountless addons, and more important a huge amount of personal improvements (i am a developer)... Is not that easy to upgrade,trust me

I think that when a new version of the sim comes out the devs should just freeze their latest offering for the previous release. The last working version should remain available for the old sim, and any new versions or updates written strictly for the new version. Forward progress is more important than backward compatibility. 

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

5 hours ago, simbol said:

Couldn't agree more..

S.

Hey Simbol.  I know you are still working hard on the AI program but just curious if it deals with how AI is injected into sim.  I think your program will focus on controlling the AI such as separation, speed, taxiing and possible an ability to limit AI in say the reality "bubble" like FSUIPC.   But I think the issue I have most is how when you are flying near say New York City or London etc the AI injects tons of aircraft before the limiter can eliminate them thus causing a stutter or FPS to drop only for a few seconds.   Unfortunately this short FPS drop causes havoc with payware aircraft like Aerosoft's Airbus Pro's FBW system.  This occurs both with FSUIPC limiter and the old Traffic Optimizer.   

Is there a way to make this seamless?  

Keep up the good work man!  

Edited by jason99vmi

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

1 hour ago, jason99vmi said:

the issue I have most is how when you are flying near say New York City or London etc the AI injects tons of aircraft before the limiter can eliminate them thus causing a stutter or FPS to drop only for a few seconds.   Unfortunately this short FPS drop causes havoc with payware aircraft like Aerosoft's Airbus Pro's FBW system.  This occurs both with FSUIPC limiter and the old Traffic Optimizer.   

Is there a way to make this seamless?  

Keep up the good work man!  

Hi Jason,

This is tricky as it all depends of what AI traffic method you are using, traffic injected via SimConnect (UTL for example) have a better chance to control this as the injecting add-on itself can check what your current FPS are and avoid the injection on the first place and on this regard UTL has a setting that allows end user to set their desired FPS.

If you are using .BGL files, you are going to be out of luck as P3D measures the level of traffic set at a global level, so the .BGL files need to be created more optimized for these regions with the proper set of percentage per aircraft, unfortunately I haven't see yet any software asking end users what level of traffic they wish to have "per region" and on top of, compiled AI traffic BGL files are always configured to show end users lots of aircraft on the simulator as vendors want to demonstrate how good their products are.

Traffic Optimizer and FSUIPC can only remove the traffic (ZAP approach) after it is available on the reality bubble, this is as far as they can go due to technical limitations, so the secret is to attack the problem at the source, if your AI traffic BGL files are configured with the right amount of settings per region you should see less problems.

With the current SDK functions and available technology is very little what we could do, however we could set an experiment with P3D 4.4 to alter the global traffic levels settings at run time (using SimConnect) and see how the sim reacts, so if you approach the UK airspace at 90KM it will reduce your AI traffic settings under P3D to 20% for example and after leaving the region it would increase it again.

I am currently super busy testing with the beta team AILRP (AI Lights Reborn Professional code name) as I just implemented a new feature that I believe everyone is going to love, send me a PM with your email and we can discuss later this year if the approach above could work.

Kind Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol