Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR releases San Diego v2 for P3dv4

12 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Bouncing lights is unreal. Aerosoft Anchorage Professional animates the same warning lights side to side, left to right and right to left. That is more real. Lights going up and down is non real. I guess LVFR is working on that animations, just changing from up/down to the animation side to side. I asked about but no answers yet.

Following 2 next screenshots if you load 2 images and switch them back and forth is what you can see how the lights animate, side to side. More realistic indeed.

AnchorageProflightstoleftside.jpg
AnchorageProflightstorightside.jpg

Patricio Valdes

14 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Bouncing lights is unreal. Aerosoft Anchorage Professional animates the same warning lights side to side, left to right and right to left. That is more real. Lights going up and down is non real. I guess LVFR is working on that animations, just changing from up/down to the animation side to side. I asked about but no answers yet.

Totally agree.  If it can be fixed that would be a plus but, for me, it's not anywhere near an issue. They are a good topic for discussion though.   Hey!  Look at the surrounding buildings in the outside community.  Not authentic.  Unreal!  Just kidding of course.  To me, this is a simulator and I think developers try their best to give us the best representation of what the real airport and surrounding area looks like.  I really appreciate developer's like LatinVFR for their intellectual abilities to create something that gives many of us so much immersion into flight simulation (even with bouncing lights).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

14 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Totally agree.  If it can be fixed that would be a plus but, for me, it's not anywhere near an issue. They are a good topic for discussion though.   Hey!  Look at the surrounding buildings in the outside community.  Not authentic.  Unreal!  Just kidding of course.  To me, this is a simulator and I think developers try their best to give us the best representation of what the real airport and surrounding area looks like.  I really appreciate developer's like LatinVFR for their intellectual abilities to create something that gives many of us so much immersion into flight simulation (even with bouncing lights).

Best regards,

Jim

Yes, I agree with you as well. I am sure LVFR will release an update regarding on runway lights. I didn't pay attention on buildings around but I don't mind about yet (lol). Definitely still an amazing scenery airport from Developer. Without that scenery no fun to fly. I know LVFR can fix it so let's see for the next KMIA v4 and KSAN v2.2 future updates. Maybe we can download those updated files from LTVFR Forum....... cool! (crossing fingers).

Patricio Valdes

Does anyone who has used both versions have a performance comparison?  I'm thinking of upgrading to the new version but before I shell out the $10 want to make sure the performance will at least be similar (hopefully better).

Also does anyone know if I can just install the new version over the top of the old one or do I have to remove the old files first?

Edited by sfgiants13

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

It

36 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Does anyone who has used both versions have a performance comparison?  I'm thinking of upgrading to the new version but before I shell out the $10 want to make sure the performance will at least be similar (hopefully better).

Also does anyone know if I can just install the new version over the top of the old one or do I have to remove the old files first?

The approach was a little more chunky on my Haswell than the previous version; however, the visuals on that approach make it worthwhile. So yes, spend the $10.

16 hours ago, sfgiants13 said:

This version has disappearing runways, mostly from spot view but also from the cockpit as well. I've spoken with the developer and he said it will be fixed in the next update. Not a huge deal but I've gone back to the ORBX version for now.

Cheers,

Mark

On 10/28/2017 at 8:00 AM, regis9 said:

I also noted bleed through of some other runway textures on the runway.

By chance does anyone else have the problem of runway/taxiway textures bleeding through in the water with v2.3? (P3Dv4.2)

Orbx Global, Vector, NA OpenLC, SoCal.  KSAN is a higher scenery priority than all though.

7IPFO8F.png

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Hi Kyle-

I got a notification from Ricardo about a week ago that the disappearing runways have been fixed. Might want to uninstall/reinstall new version. Your problem might have been fixed?

Mark

14 minutes ago, newtie said:

Hi Kyle-

I got a notification from Ricardo about a week ago that the disappearing runways have been fixed. Might want to uninstall/reinstall new version. Your problem might have been fixed?

Mark

Unfortunately, already have and redone loaded through PC Aviator.  No change.

Nope. Works fine. But, I don't have any ORBX products installed. 

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Have tested with ALL other scenery deactivated this evening with no change in behavior, even after another reinstall.  Guess I'll just wait and see if LatinVFR support replies to their contact form.

On 3/29/2018 at 11:11 PM, CaptKornDog said:

By chance does anyone else have the problem of runway/taxiway textures bleeding through in the water with v2.3? (P3Dv4.2)

Orbx Global, Vector, NA OpenLC, SoCal.  KSAN is a higher scenery priority than all though.

I have the same Orbx sceneries installed, with LatinVFR KSANv2 placed in the P3D library above the FTX entries, also in P3Dv2.4 No texture bleeding here; hope that encourages you press on for a solution.

Maury Pratt

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, CaptKornDog said:

I have this exact problem, although I don't have SoCal installed, just Global, Vector and OpenLC + KSAN V2. I also had it before I installed Vector. I've reinstalled KSAN as well as all of P3D V4.2 for that matter, but it is still there. What airport has runways 08 09 26 27 12 30? That might be the culprit.

EDIT: These are definitely the rwymarkingsskids.dds file from the KSAN scenery.

Edited by shipdriver

2 hours ago, shipdriver said:

rwymarkingsskids.dds file from the KSAN

I renamed rwymarkingskids.dds to off and the bleeding issue was gone in P3Dv4. Still only available runways 9 and 27. Should be more rwys?

Patricio Valdes

40 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

I renamed rwymarkingskids.dds to off and the bleeding issue was gone in P3Dv4. Still only available runways 9 and 27. Should be more rwys?

I tried that too...and it did get rid of the texture anomalies, but it also killed the actual runway markings (and probably more).