Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Two New Tools Available For Flight Sim World

Moving Map
Take control with Moving Map, which gives you a better handled on the big picture, following your aircraft regardless of where it is in the sim and providing you with information on the airport layouts, navaids and more. 

You can find out more about Moving Map on the store page.

View + Slew
Get the perfect angle with View & Slew, which gives you full access to camera and aircraft slow functionality. 

You can find out more about View and Slew on the store page.

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

ahahahahahahahahah this is just RIDICOULUS!!!!!! we have to pay to have a moving map or a view?? are the landing gears and flaps still free or we will have to pay for this also? you DTG killed this sim some time ago.... good job....

• Upvote 2

Cryss, I would emphasize this is third-party DLC (although I don't know if you can do that if you published it). The fact is this product costs money with P3D too, but people will rant. I was hoping improved cameras were going to be included in the core game though. The default views are ridiculous.

1 hour ago, albx said:

ahahahahahahahahah this is just RIDICOULUS!!!!!! we have to pay to have a moving map or a view?? are the landing gears and flaps still free or we will have to pay for this also? you DTG killed this sim some time ago.... good job....

Do you feel the same way about P3D? You have to pay for it too for P3D. 

Release of the 3rd party map addon does beg the question as to whether FSW will, in a future iteration, include a basic map with navaid data etc. accessible in flight such as found in FSX:SE or the more sophisticated one in XP11 or whether it will be necessary to buy DLC to add this functionality.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

Release of the 3rd party map addon does beg the question as to whether FSW will, in a future iteration, include a basic map with navaid data etc. accessible in flight such as found in FSX:SE or the more sophisticated one in XP11 or whether it will be necessary to buy DLC to add this functionality.

Yes, that is a good and relevant question.

19 minutes ago, AndyUK said:

This seems to mean the answer is no. Keep in mind some developers like A2A include moving maps in their product.

If one thinks about it, it's best for DTG to concentrate on the best possible core while leaving all the other stuff to third party developers. In the long run, it guarantees more success and innovation. FSX is a good example of a sim that, despite its flaws, became an excellent sim thanks to third parties pushing the envelope. One example is the following:

which gps do people prefer? The flight1 or the default one. The flight1 gps has made the gps functionality a pleasure.

I am a bit annoyed at all the sling shot throwers out there.

25 minutes ago, flyforever said:

...... it's best for DTG to concentrate on the best possible core while leaving all the other stuff to third party developers.

Agreed in principle but I'd like to know what DTG consider to be 'core' and what's 'other stuff' to be left to 3rd party to sell to us.  For example to me the ability to access the information provided by FSX's and XP10/11's built in maps is core functionality which I've come to expect in any serious flight sim out of the box.

I haven't heard that they aren't going to expand the map database in game. X Plane 11 only gives you a sector of the map to look at when sitting at an airport. I would wait and see. This is just the new thing with DLC. It also appears in Aerofly, which is still in early access, but soon to come out of it. DTG has been really good at listening to the community...

3 hours ago, torium said:

Of course not.  :smile:

This is not a Dovetail product:

https://www.fs-flightcontrol.com/en/features/

Have you actually got this for FSW? Just quickly skimming the website it seems to have real weather injection which I’d be interested in seeing in FSW.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Personally I do not care what they do with the weather providing you get the option of putting the clouds a couple of thousand feet above the ground everywhere. Clouds on the ground at Big Bear are ruining that fine scenery. The moving map tool .... well if I remember rightly from their website FS-Control sold for a heck of a lot more than 23.95 on their website although it had a few more features including real weather. I might buy the moving map but probably not the view tool. 

2 hours ago, carbonbasedlifeform said:

Cryss, I would emphasize this is third-party DLC (although I don't know if you can do that if you published it). The fact is this product costs money with P3D too, but people will rant. I was hoping improved cameras were going to be included in the core game though. The default views are ridiculous.

Do you feel the same way about P3D? You have to pay for it too for P3D. 

Little Nav Map costs nothing for P3D. 

2 minutes ago, pracines said:

Little Nav Map costs nothing for P3D. 

You don't think freeware will be available once the SDK is available? I can't image a reason it would be hard to port it to FSX.

And this looks nicer than little nav map.

1 hour ago, switch686 said:

I haven't heard that they aren't going to expand the map database in game. X Plane 11 only gives you a sector of the map to look at when sitting at an airport. I would wait and see. This is just the new thing with DLC. It also appears in Aerofly, which is still in early access, but soon to come out of it. DTG has been really good at listening to the community...

I personally don't like the XP11 map that much.