Sign in to follow this  
scotth6

Angle of Attack online Training

Hi,

Is anyone aware of this company?

http://www.flyaoamedia.com/

Everything looks legit, they sell their products via third party resellers, however I purchased a product on October 17, 2017, and I am yet to receive any hint of the product I paid for.

I have left a number of support tickets, with zero response, despite the automatic reply stating that I would receive a reply usually within 24 hours.

The third party I purchased the product through is also trying to contact them.

I have already asked for a refund as I have received no product or response, so I am waiting to hear back about that.  Unbelievable that so many companies can just take money and offer no product, response, or anything else.  This is Ariane Design all over again.

So my 2 cents:

Stay away from Angle of Attack 

Stay away from Ariane Design

http://www.arianedesign.com/

Cheers,

Angle of Attack/Chris Palmer is/are very reputable; they/he has been a valued part of the flight sim community for a LONG time.  What product did you buy?  What company did you purchase the product through?  I wasn't aware they sold their products via a broker.  I've always purchased direct via their website,   

Ariane Design hasn't produced a product in 9-years; their reputation is very well known; in short, this is old news. 

Matt King

didnt  think  that either   they  sold  thru  a third  party either

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

3 hours ago, scotth6 said:

So my 2 cents:

Stay away from Angle of Attack 

They develop great training and have been around for a while! Can't you log into you account? If so you should be able to open whatever you purchased/

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

3 hours ago, kingm56 said:

Angle of Attack/Chris Palmer is/are very reputable; they/he has been a valued part of the flight sim community for a LONG time.  What product did you buy?  What company did you purchase the product through?  I wasn't aware they sold their products via a broker.  I've always purchased direct via their website,   

Ariane Design hasn't produced a product in 9-years; their reputation is very well known; in short, this is old news. 

They may have been in the past, but right now they are not acting much like a reputable company.  No product, no support, no answers on their forums......

I only got burned by Ariane Design last year, so I think it is still relevant.  Their products are still available at some resellers.

BTW I bought the MD-11 training.

57 minutes ago, YukonPete said:

They develop great training and have been around for a while! Can't you log into you account? If so you should be able to open whatever you purchased/

They were supposed to supply me with log in details after purchase to access the products.  I never heard from them after 48 hours.  The specs in the products said to contact them if no login details had been received within 24 hours, so I did that, and have contacted them on several occasions since.  All with zero replies.  I did like the look and sound of the products, but their customer service is non existent.

Thanks for the responses.  It sounds like something else is going on.  I just don't know what.

Ariane Design is a well know company going years back to be wary of as that has been pretty common knowledge around most of the sin community.

AOA on the other hand is a well know company with good support. Of course it’s possible that something has happened out of their control. Perhaps a family emergency, death in the family, illness, car accident, or maybe something as simple as a glitch I their order fulfillment system.

I can understand your frustration but taking it out here at Avsim won’t solve the problem or make it any better. I’d suggest that you either proceed with a refund or keep trying to contact AOA directly. If it comes to the worst case scenario and the 3rd party seller whom you haven’t mentioned won’t give a refund, then you could contact your credit card company. The only 3rd party seller I am aware of is PCAviator that sells their training programs and from experience, I know they will do the right thing as I had an issue with some gear I purchased from them.

Having said that, I’m going to close this thread before it turns nasty and as mentioned, no one at Avsim can help to rectify the matter. Hopefully you’ll get some resolve in the next few days.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator