Sign in to follow this  
solentflyer

Sounds interesting....

3 hours ago, Ebs said:

So this 'friend of yours' ;) can he give us any more info?How much will the application be? Does he have official partnerships with the mentioned developers? Any idea of a release schedule? Beta period? 

Pricing for the application has yet to be finalized, but it is currently expected to be approx 19.95 EUR. The product is currently due to be released early in the New Year with the beta period expected to last approximately 4 to 6 weeks.

If you are interested in being a part of the beta team, please feel free to send a post on the Facebook page detailing any previous beta testing experience, in particular highlighting any performed in the flight sim arena.

• Upvote 1

Thanks, handen for the update. It certainly sounds like it could be a great program for flight simulation. 

Stephen Forsgren

49 minutes ago, BuddyDog said:

Thanks, handen for the update. It certainly sounds like it could be a great program for flight simulation. 

Indeed!

5 hours ago, simbol said:

You are joking right? that is a picture of real world scenario...

Simbol

Of course he's joking.

As we continue to add the finishing touches to P3D-Forensics and prepare for alpha testing, we thought you may appreciate seeing a "sneak peek" of the product.

Please visit our Facebook page to view a couple of screenshots, which will hopefully provide a taste of the kind of deep analysis performed on your flight sim environment. 

More pictures will follow shortly, as well as news of our brand-new web site, which will be launched very soon!!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, handen said:

As we continue to add the finishing touches to P3D-Forensics and prepare for alpha testing, we thought you may appreciate seeing a "sneak peek" of the product.

Please visit our Facebook page to view a couple of screenshots, which will hopefully provide a taste of the kind of deep analysis performed on your flight sim environment. 

More pictures will follow shortly, as well as news of our brand-new web site, which will be launched very soon!!

+1

3 hours ago, handen said:

You should have told everybody you are part of the team in your first post, this is just blatant advertising.

4 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

You should have told everybody you are part of the team in your first post, this is just blatant advertising.

or  at at least have  a commercial tag  on his  profile

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

7 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

Many thanks for your interest 777200lrf  - apologies for not making it clear in my first post, there was no intention to offend, just trying to gauge if there would be sufficient interest to continue development.

As it turns out, the reaction from the flight sim community in general has been simply overwhelming and we are therefore very excited about (and very much looking forward to) releasing more news soon as we near alpha testing.

2 hours ago, pete_auau said:

or  at at least have  a commercial tag  on his  profile

Many thanks for your interest Pete_auau - as we near launch, we have every intention of acquiring a commercial profile, but with development currently in full swing, I'm sure you can fully appreciate that optimizing the P3D-Forensics functionality is top of our list of priorities for now.

Please stay tuned for more screenshots on our Facebook page as well as news about our brand-new web site, which is also currently being developed in tandem with our debut product (yes, we really are truly busy Pete :biggrin:).

Best regards,

Dennis

13 minutes ago, solentflyer said:

Apologies for not making it clear in my first post, there was no intention to offend, just trying to gauge if there would be sufficient interest to continue development.

Just contact AVSIM staff so they can update your profile accordingly as Comercial Member.

I have a question for you, your application claims it can do forensic of changes made from Add-on's and you have a list of Add-on's that you will be monitoring, what sort of changes are we talking about? and are you getting the approval from these software vendors?

The reason I am asking is because you could "by an innocent mistake" monitor certain things that could be classified as "de-engineering" someone else work which would definitely make your business to run into trouble with other software vendors, for example if you follow all changes made by PTA to shaders and keep these on a log file you would be breaking for sure the terms and conditions of this developer.

I have to tell you that as a developer I wouldn't be happy if any third party vendor performs forensics against my Ad-don's tools without:

1) Understanding what changes / forensics this tool is tracking.

2) Obtaining my approval to do so.

Anyone failing to follow these guidelines above with any of my released software being freeware or payware would definitely ring all sort of alarm bells on my side and I would certainly take any necessary actions to protect my business, let me asure you I am not the only one thinking this way.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Thanks for your questions Simbol. It is not our intention to negatively impact any other FS-related business, simply inform the user of changes that are being made to their flight sim environment when installing /configuring third-party add-ons.

We will not be examining the source/compiled  code of any third-party software, so any intellectual property will remain intact. We will however be reporting in detail on the changes made to configuration files etc as we believe every FS user is fully entitled to see this information.

I'm sure you'll agree that any such information is not classified and therefore should be made available to the user if they desire. Indeed, it is possible for the user to glean this information manually if they so wish, but this would obviously be extremely time-consuming.

I hope this allays any fears you may have had previously about the purpose of the P3D-Forensics software and hope that you can understand that we will not be requiring approval from third-party vendors.

Best regards,

Dennis

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, solentflyer said:

We will however be reporting in detail on the changes made to configuration files etc as we believe every FS user is fully entitled to see this information.

I'm sure you'll agree that any such information is not classified and therefore should be made available to the user if they desire. Indeed, it is possible for the user to glean this information manually if they so wish, but this would obviously be extremely time-consuming.

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your answer, actually I disagree, not all Add-on's work the same way as an Airport Add-on or an Airplane, developers owners from PTA, EventEX, and me put a lot of hours and efforts in finding tweaks to deliver effects and amazing result for our end users, what are you saying is that you are going to forensic all our changes and made them public throwing all out work and effort down the drain.

If this is the case please exclude my tools from your list, good luck thinking that PTA, EVENTEX and other developers will be happy for you to reveal all their work for your own financial gain.

Best Regards,

Simbol

The sole tracking/logging of changes a tool applies to P3D isnt reverse-engineering for sure, and even if a developer puts that into his TOS, it wouldnt be valid from a legal perspective, and this might even violate LM TOS so i would be careful with that. 

To be honest, any tool that would try to actively hide what changes it makes to MY sim would have a short lifespan on my HDD, happened to a few tools that create encrypted log files...its an absolute no go IMHO and bad dev practice, even if its to protect intellectual property. 

Simbol, I can confirm that we will not be excluding any software, including tools from our list.

P3D-Forensics will report on ALL changes and will therefore be providing comprehensive, completely unbiased information to the user.

We believe every user is entitled to see all changes being made to their system and are of the opinion that it does not reflect well on any developer to request that we 'hide' information relating to their particular tools.

Best regards,

Dennis