Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Taxi2Gate KSEA Released for P3Dv4

Is there any point upgrading to this latest version of T2G's KSEA if you have the previous version working very well in P3D4.1? Thanks

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

On 11/20/2017 at 3:35 AM, Dave_YVR said:

This fix/update doesn't fix the streetlights crossing the runway at 34R if using FTX PNW, but that too is easily fixed by adding an exclude over that small area.

Would you mind sharing that exclude file? 

Eric 

Latest news update from Drzewiecki Design gives kudos to T2G's KSEA package:

"KPAE Paine is now completed which means that the whole Seattle Airports X package is completed. KPAE turned out to be one of our most complex airports. Some extra features: SODE jetways, Delivery Center interior, Everett Factory interior (both interiors fully Avatar-compatible), the record number of static aircraft perfectly integrated into the scenery, tons of airport-dedicated vehicles, the most advanced optimization we have ever used and much more.

Please note that the v1.1 of the Seattle Airports X package will be a payware update which will add KSEA Tacoma airport as well as some other details like a completed passenger terminal in KPAE. The basic package will cost about 20eur and 30 after the update, so the update price will be about 10eur.

Just to be clear - our KSEA is not intended to be a competition to the beautiful Taxi2Gate version, which our product will be fully compatible with. Our KSEA will feature quite a different approach to that airport and soon you will see why (it is not about being light or heavy, it will simply be different). :)

Currently we will concentrate our efforts on the City package which is also almost completed. Both products will be released simultaneously.

All our products are compatible with all ORBX, PILOTs and Megascenery products."

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

On 11/23/2017 at 0:20 AM, brucewtb said:

Is there any point upgrading to this latest version of T2G's KSEA if you have the previous version working very well in P3D4.1? Thanks

I recommend it..., it is very inexpensive and you will get bgl scenery files that were compiled with the v4.x SDK bglcomp.  This offers improved performance, additional material properties and better z-bias control.

I removed the earlier version, installed the new version and it worked perfect with Orbx PNW.  I did notice that in the old version I had to turn off one of the T2G scenery files for to see the Space Needle but this is no longer required.

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Sure, it's just a replacement of AF file for the airport. Also has some updated airline codes.

I did the same thing, added an exclusion with ADE, but also found that around South end of 16C there were additional lighting in and around 34C approach lights that seemed out of place and I put a small exclusion rectangle there.  Of course, the runway crossing lights had to go, but I also gave me a chance to customize some backup links for use by GSX.  I encourage anybody with the time to get involved in using ADE with your addon airports.  For example, T2G doesn't place the navaids (GS, DME) in the correction locations according to FAA data.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry to bring up this older topic again, but obviously nobody mentioned that there are no winter textures included in this version of KSEA. Or am I wrong?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

12 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Sorry to bring up this older topic again, but obviously nobody mentioned that there are no winter textures included in this version of KSEA. Or am I wrong?

Be sure to run the configuration tool, if you are using FTX Global it needs to be set for that, otherwise you get default seasons and it's not winter yet.

Dan Downs KCRP

21 minutes ago, downscc said:

Be sure to run the configuration tool, if you are using FTX Global it needs to be set for that, otherwise you get default seasons and it's not winter yet.

I have FTX PNW but no FTX Global. What to set then. Default? I tried with historical date (Jan 2017) and all is grey-green on the T2G KSEA airport area but surrounding is winter white.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

17 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I have FTX PNW but no FTX Global. What to set then. Default? I tried with historical date (Jan 2017) and all is grey-green on the T2G KSEA airport area but surrounding is winter white.

I am guessing you might try the FTX Global setting, but to be honest I haven't tested the winter textures myself.

Dan Downs KCRP

Neither one works!

- Harry 

For the 3-6 days a year Seattle see's snow, I'd say just choose a different month in the sim.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

20 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

For the 3-6 days a year Seattle see's snow, I'd say just choose a different month in the sim.

Its not about reality it is as stated above: The airport does not show snow but the near surrounding does! It is only the T2G KSEA square which has no snow. I prefer flying at "real" time and I dont't wanna fly in April when it is actually December or January.

- Harry 

So the T2G scenery is more realistic in it's seasonal representation. I agree with what you are saying but the fix really is to change the month for now and post something about on their support forums, or over at ORBX depending on your outlook on which one needs fixing. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Forget about the T2G support forum it is useless. I also opened an email ticket with T2G some days ago. No answer. I guess we have to live with it. I only started that discussion here because missing winter textures have not been mentioned in this long thread and I was not sure if it is a problem on my side.

- Harry 

OK I have the v4 version installed along with DD City and Airports and all looks great and FPS great (far better than default PNW region) EXCEPT I'm getting grass textures that sort of "morph" from dusty grass to dark green grass behind me?

I had that a long time ago with the earlier version, no idea how I fixed it though?

Thanks,

Steve