JOEL777

p3d V4 graphic issue

Recommended Posts

Hi everybody,

I hope you will help me. 

I have a graphic issue with my P3d V4, but it did the same with V3. It is difficult for me to discribe it so hereafter you will found a link to some screenshot.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qr1bvvldrr9zipm/AADbTsW5CJGn5BdnrDVzu0TYa?dl=0

I have already updated my invidia graphic card, I have already re-installed prepar3d with the latest version. I have uninstalled all previous addons.

Could anyone help me to solve the issue please? Thank you for your help!

Best regards,

 

Joël

 


 

Operating System: Windows 7 Professionnel 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr.170913-0600)
           Language: French (Regional Setting: French)
System Manufacturer: ASUS
       System Model: All Series
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 08/19/13 17:31:09 Ver: 14.05
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16256MB RAM
          Page File: 6864MB used, 25645MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

 

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Joel

 

Have you tried lowering your graphic settings? Cleared shaders?

Did you mean that you have upgraded drivers for your graphic card or have you swapped/changed the graphics card itself? If driver only, have you tried with a different graphics card?

 

Share this post


Link to post

Did you try delete the Prepar3d.cfg and have it rebuilt?  What's you have is weird and I have never seen this before.  This is with vanilla install right? no addons?

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, JOEL777 said:

I have already re-installed prepar3d with the latest version. I have uninstalled all previous addons.

 

Hi

As you have already Uninstalled all your Add On's try this...............

Remove your 3 generated folders automatically by following the step below 

Navigate to your core Prepar3D v4 folder,  Scroll down a bit,  Double left Click on the file  Delete Generated Files 

34850617330_b36e22ac6f_o.png

 

After you do this, Launch Prepar3D and test

This will eliminate your .cfg files from this Issue  

Share this post


Link to post

Joel, which graphic card you have? I don't see it listed, so i just want to be sure that you have one...

Share this post


Link to post

Hi poppet

thank you for your answer. I have already tried to double click on the "Delete Generated Files" icon in this folder, but I still have this issue.

Joël 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi lodestar,

my graphic card is a Gigabyte GForce 780 TI. 

Thank you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post

lodestar,

the exact model of my graphic card is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti, by Gigabyte

 

Joël

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Tokitaumelie,

I have only updated my graphic card with the latest drivers, I havn't tried to change it. I going to try now with the mother board graphic card.

Thank you for your help!

Joël

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Joel

Try this.....

Remove all USB devices from your computer Including extra monitors (except keyboard and mouse)   Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Anxu00,

I have tried by deleting all files! and re-install using the procedure in the p3d manual... What is vanilla install?

Thank you for you help!

Joël

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hi Joel

Try this.....

Remove all USB devices Including extra monitors (except keyboard and mouse)   Then launch Prepar3D and test 

Thank you Poppet.

I am trying it right now!

Share this post


Link to post

Could you provide your nVidia Control Panel settings including the driver version you have installed?  (latest version is 388.31).

Here is what I recommend:

1.  If your graphics card is overclocked, then disable overclocking and use OEM frequency, test again, if problem is the same then continue
2.  Verify your nVidia Drivers are installed to latest version (nVidia Experience should auto update if you have that installed/enabled)
3.  Download the nVidia Drivers from Here
4.  If the drivers are correct then get DDU - unzip/extract
5.  Boot into Safe mode and run DDU (this will clear out all your nVidia settings/drivers)
6.  When DDU completes and boots back into windows, run the nvidia 388.31 installer (make sure any AntiVirus software you have is temporarily disabled when you install the drivers)
7.  After drivers install, reboot
8.  Delete the P3D shaders folder
9.  Run P3D V4.x and report back

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: disable the onboard GPU via your BIOS/EFI

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Could you provide your nVidia Control Panel settings including the driver version you have installed?  (latest version is 388.31).

Here is what I recommend:

1.  If your graphics card is overclocked, then disable overclocking and use OEM frequency, test again, if problem is the same then continue
2.  Verify your nVidia Drivers are installed to latest version (nVidia Experience should auto update if you have that installed/enabled)
3.  Download the nVidia Drivers from Here
4.  If the drivers are correct then get DDU - unzip/extract
5.  Boot into Safe mode and run DDU (this will clear out all your nVidia settings/drivers)
6.  When DDU completes and boots back into windows, run the nvidia 388.31 installer (make sure any AntiVirus software you have is temporarily disabled when you install the drivers)
7.  After drivers install, reboot
8.  Delete the P3D shaders folder
9.  Run P3D V4.x and report back

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: disable the onboard GPU via your BIOS/EFI

Hi Rob,

thank you very much. I will follow your procedure right now. and report back.

Cheers, Joël

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Could you provide your nVidia Control Panel settings including the driver version you have installed?  (latest version is 388.31).

Here is what I recommend:

1.  If your graphics card is overclocked, then disable overclocking and use OEM frequency, test again, if problem is the same then continue
2.  Verify your nVidia Drivers are installed to latest version (nVidia Experience should auto update if you have that installed/enabled)
3.  Download the nVidia Drivers from Here
4.  If the drivers are correct then get DDU - unzip/extract
5.  Boot into Safe mode and run DDU (this will clear out all your nVidia settings/drivers)
6.  When DDU completes and boots back into windows, run the nvidia 388.31 installer (make sure any AntiVirus software you have is temporarily disabled when you install the drivers)
7.  After drivers install, reboot
8.  Delete the P3D shaders folder
9.  Run P3D V4.x and report back

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: disable the onboard GPU via your BIOS/EFI

Dear Rob,

after following your procedure, unfortunatenly I still have the issue. Nevertheless, the issue dissapears when  activating the onboard GPU and disactivating the invidia GTX 780 TI graphic card.

It's strange because I have no issue with other software like X_plane11... I dont know what's going on with my graphic card??? It cost me a arm! 

Anyway, thank you all for your help! 

Cheers,

Joël

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, JOEL777 said:

Nevertheless, the issue dissapears when  activating the onboard GPU and disactivating the invidia GTX 780 TI graphic card.

Interesting, I didn't think P3D V4.x even supported the Intel HD 4600, so you have me puzzled as to why only the HD4600 is working and not the 780Ti.  After you disabled the HD 4600 did you delete your Prepar3d.cfg?

Are you running multiple monitors?  

The difference between XP11 and P3D is the OpenGL for XP11 and DX for P3D.  Is the 780Ti working with other DX games/sims?

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post

i helped someone with some addon loading / activation issues a couple of months ago and he was running p3d and FSL A320 without dedicated GPU.

Joel, this is the reason i asked if you have a GPU. And Rob, yes, it actually works, of course with lower settings and bad fps. This makes me think that maybe is something wrong with the GPU, becouse i had similar issue on my first FSX PC when i tried to force high settings with complex addons and weak GPU(i think it was GeForce 8800 GTX :laugh: ).

But it can be configuration issue.

Joel, just folow Rob's recommendation carefully, the shader folder you need to delete(after new driver installation)is located in C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. You can delete entire folder. Do not delete "ShadersHLSL" located in main P3D folder

Share this post


Link to post

I think most onboard graphics cards are disabled once a GPU is plugged in to the MB.  Have you tried TechPowerUP GPU-Z?  It will give you a definite answer as to whether or not your GPU can managed the stresses of the sim.  I'm going with Zeljko on this one.

Question:  While rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg does it take into account the system and adjust settings as the default or are the default settings the same across the board?

Hey Rob, thanks for chiming in about driver cleaner earlier on, it fixed an issue I was having while installing new drivers.

Share this post


Link to post

My first bet is a defective GPU. I remember one of my card had the same problem, but you said X-Plane is running fine with your card. Perhaps X-PLane is not using the same kind of rendering than P3D...

What power supply are you using in your rig (brand and watts) ?

Mike

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Interesting, I didn't think P3D V4.x even supported the Intel HD 4600, so you have me puzzled as to why only the HD4600 is working and not the 780Ti.  After you disabled the HD 4600 did you delete your Prepar3d.cfg?

Are you running multiple monitors?  

The difference between XP11 and P3D is the OpenGL for XP11 and DX for P3D.  Is the 780Ti working with other DX games/sims?

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, what is even more interesting is that I have enabled the HD4600 with one monitor as the primary display and I have used the GTX780Ti with two monitors:

-When I run P3D in window mode on the HD4600 monitor, except the very bad fps, the issue is not present.

-When I drag the P3D window on either monitor of the GTX780Ti, the issue is back.

According to what you have said, I have a DX problem. So I have installed "Heaven Benchmark" (DX) from invidia and tried different configuration (versions) of DX. I have noticed that there is a problem, it is less emphasised than P3D, but it seems the same.

I hope that is not a hardware issue on the GTX780Ti...

thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, lodestar said:

i helped someone with some addon loading / activation issues a couple of months ago and he was running p3d and FSL A320 without dedicated GPU.

Joel, this is the reason i asked if you have a GPU. And Rob, yes, it actually works, of course with lower settings and bad fps. This makes me think that maybe is something wrong with the GPU, becouse i had similar issue on my first FSX PC when i tried to force high settings with complex addons and weak GPU(i think it was GeForce 8800 GTX :laugh: ).

But it can be configuration issue.

Joel, just folow Rob's recommendation carefully, the shader folder you need to delete(after new driver installation)is located in C:\Users\"YourUserNameHere"\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders. You can delete entire folder. Do not delete "ShadersHLSL" located in main P3D folder

Hi Lodestar,

you are right, there is something wrong with the GTX780Ti.

I did follow carefully Rob's recommandations and I used the "delete generated files" icon to clean all relevante P3D folders.

I'am affraid that I have a hardware issue :(

Thank you for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, HUSSAR said:

I think most onboard graphics cards are disabled once a GPU is plugged in to the MB.  Have you tried TechPowerUP GPU-Z?  It will give you a definite answer as to whether or not your GPU can managed the stresses of the sim.  I'm going with Zeljko on this one.

Question:  While rebuilding the Prepar3D.cfg does it take into account the system and adjust settings as the default or are the default settings the same across the board?

Hey Rob, thanks for chiming in about driver cleaner earlier on, it fixed an issue I was having while installing new drivers.

Hi Hussar,

I will try TechPowerUP GPU-Z to find out more.

My Prepar3D.cfg is the default one, I am not clever enought to modify it. And I noticed that the issue apears with other DX program like "Heaven benchmark". :( I will be very happy if it's just a configation issue...

Thank a lot for your help!

Cheers,

Joël

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Mikelab6 said:

My first bet is a defective GPU. I remember one of my card had the same problem, but you said X-Plane is running fine with your card. Perhaps X-PLane is not using the same kind of rendering than P3D...

What power supply are you using in your rig (brand and watts) ?

Mike

 

Hi Mikelab6,

thank you.

I am afraid that you are right! My GPU seems to have a problem :(

my power supply is a corsair AX760, 760Watts.

Cheers,

Joël

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Joel,

Another process you can try:

1.  Run DDU in safe mode again to remove the driver, except this time select NEW GPU installation option
2.  Remove your 780Ti and relocate it to another PCIe slot and make sure it's firmly locked into place (most PCIe slots will have a locking tab, make sure that's fully locked in place)
3.  Verify the additional power cable for the 780 is for VGA PCIe (plugs are usually labelled) and is plugged into the correct PSU slot (if you have a modular PSU this should be labelled PCIe VGA also or could just be PCIe or GPU label, just make sure it's not SATA or AUX)
4.  Re-install the latest drivers when you boot back into the PC

What has me a little puzzled is why the card would work for OpenGL API (XP11) but not DX API (P3D) ... I would expect a hardware problem to surface regardless of the games/sim's graphics API usage.

Cheers, Rob.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Hi Joel,

Another process you can try:

1.  Run DDU in safe mode again to remove the driver, except this time select NEW GPU installation option
2.  Remove your 780Ti and relocate it to another PCIe slot and make sure it's firmly locked into place (most PCIe slots will have a locking tab, make sure that's fully locked in place)
3.  Verify the additional power cable for the 780 is for VGA PCIe (plugs are usually labelled) and is plugged into the correct PSU slot (if you have a modular PSU this should be labelled PCIe VGA also or could just be PCIe or GPU label, just make sure it's not SATA or AUX)
4.  Re-install the latest drivers when you boot back into the PC

What has me a little puzzled is why the card would work for OpenGL API (XP11) but not DX API (P3D) ... I would expect a hardware problem to surface regardless of the games/sim's graphics API usage.

Cheers, Rob.

Thank's a lot Rob!

I have got another PCIe slot. I will follow your process from 1 to 4. I will let you know as soon as I finished.

Cheers, Joël

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now