Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Looks like major CRJ update released.

Well, when I say 'seems ok', it definitely tracked my flight plan and got me to Paris from Liverpool, but when I was off the magenta line and vectoring for an ILS into LFPG 27R, even though it was picking up the signal for the ILS and the nav source was correct on the PFD with the course on both sides dialled in on 267 as it should be, and with the needles on the PFD for the approach definitely showing the glideslope and localiser, the autopilot still would not lock the ILS at all. I swung around and gave it two more goes at it, but it never kicked an automatic ILS approach in. I was giving it every chance to do so, coming in from 20 miles out, at 3500 feet, stable, with the gear and flaps all set and already lined up with the runway on its magnetic heading, but it never locked the localiser or the glideslope, by the third try I was down to 10 percent fuel, so I swung it back round again and landed it manually:

vpMCWxh.png

Now this doesn't bother me in the sense that I hardly ever fly automated approaches unless the weather is so cack that I can't see the runway, so to me it is flyable, and it is nice to fly by hand for sure, but there was definitely something amiss with the autopilot, it needs something doing at it, as even though I'm inclined to fly approaches myself, it should be able to do it automatically if I choose to do so.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I hope you pass on that excellent report to aerosoft so they can once again address the issues with the CRJ.

• Upvote 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

What a mess is the update. I thought it was fine before. I updated the AIRAC. The big problem now is I have been unable to attain altitude. I then readjusted the altitude to 29000 (from 33000). Then at some point I started to lose air speed and the plane dropped altitude at several thousand feet/m. I then tried to adjust the vertical climb back to get to altitude and it continued to drop. What a mess. I'm going to hangar this mess until it's sorted out. This has now occurred on 2 flights. Stay away from this plane if anyone is thinking of buying it.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

I hope you pass on that excellent report to aerosoft so they can once again address the issues with the CRJ.

8 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, when I say 'seems ok', it definitely tracked my flight plan and got me to Paris from Liverpool, but when I was off the magenta line and vectoring for an ILS into LFPG 27R, even though it was picking up the signal for the ILS and the nav source was correct on the PFD with the course on both sides dialled in on 267 as it should be, and with the needles on the PFD for the approach definitely showing the glideslope and localiser, the autopilot still would not lock the ILS at all. I swung around and gave it two more goes at it, but it never kicked an automatic ILS approach in. I was giving it every chance to do so, coming in from 20 miles out, at 3500 feet, stable, with the gear and flaps all set and already lined up with the runway on its magnetic heading, but it never locked the localiser or the glideslope, by the third try I was down to 10 percent fuel, so I swung it back round again and landed it manually:

vpMCWxh.png

Now this doesn't bother me in the sense that I hardly ever fly automated approaches unless the weather is so cack that I can't see the runway, so to me it is flyable, and it is nice to fly by hand for sure, but there was definitely something amiss with the autopilot, it needs something doing at it, as even though I'm inclined to fly approaches myself, it should be able to do it automatically if I choose to do so.

I really have to scratch my head when the developer hands over a build and they say it's in the hands of the beta "testers" and then lean on that as the reason the update is taking so long. You have to ask what are they "testing"?! 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

1 minute ago, jalbino59 said:

I really have to scratch my head when the developer hands over a build and they say it's in the hands of the beta "testers" and then lean on that as the reason the update is taking so long. You have to ask what are they "testing"?! 

Well, there is the possibility that it is a problem on my end, although I can't imagine what it could be unless maybe that Win 10 update screwing something up, but I suspect that isn't it.

Alan Bradbury

9 minutes ago, Chock said:

Well, there is the possibility that it is a problem on my end, although I can't imagine what it could be unless maybe that Win 10 update screwing something up, but I suspect that isn't it.

This was the same behavior I saw in the last release, the AP will not capture the LOC or the GS. With the correct frequency and course, and the correct nav source selected. Was your fms set to auto-tune or manual? Dont know if that should make a difference. 

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Reading this makes me glad I didn’t buy it, I was going to after this update released but it looks like I’ll be holding off even further, until they sort it out.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Stay away from this plane if anyone is thinking of buying it.

I was, but I will stay away. Saddly 

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Was your fms set to auto-tune or manual?

I tuned it manually

Alan Bradbury

Why dont they just admit it's a pile of rubbish, remove it from sale and put their hands up and say they made a mistake.  People would respect them more.  It's plainly obvious it's not up to standard.  How can you release an aircraft that can't even establish onto an ils and descend on the glide. 

Aerosoft just take it on the chin and remove it from the market until it's sellable. 

Half of me thinks it's funny watching this train wreck of a product, the other half of me feels sorry for them because they've made such a hash of it. 

• Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

11 minutes ago, tooting said:

Why dont they just admit it's a pile of rubbish, remove it from sale and put their hands up and say they made a mistake.  People would respect them more.  It's plainly obvious it's not up to standard.  How can you release an aircraft that can't even establish onto an ils and descend on the glide. 

Aerosoft just take it on the chin and remove it from the market until it's sellable

Why would they do that when they are probably still getting un-informed users to pay them $50 for a non-functioning CRJ?

40 minutes ago, tooting said:

Aerosoft just take it on the chin and remove it from the market until it's sellable. 

Half of me thinks it's funny watching this train wreck of a product, the other half of me feels sorry for them because they've made such a hash of it. 

I said that exact same thing to them and got a warning for “abusive behavior” from one of their mods. It seems like they just don’t want to hear it.

28 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Why would they do that when they are probably still getting un-informed users to pay them $50 for a non-functioning CRJ?

Ignorance is bliss, right?

What we really need is a poll that shows how many legit customers would ask for a refund if they could get it.

I know that there isn't a scintilla of a chance to get a refund from AS, but it will be interesting to know.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 minutes ago, DJJose said:

What we really need is a poll that shows how many legit customers would ask for a refund if they could get it.

I know that there isn't a scintilla of a chance to get a refund from AS, but it will be interesting to know.

Now that would be interesting....