Sign in to follow this  
asianwings

PMDG OC wont update aircraft

Hi.

Which aircraft was you trying to update.

I used the ops center the other day to update the DC-6 , for FSX/P3D users , with no problems , DC-6 for xplane had no update.

My B737/777 are too much out of date and need fresh download installs to bring upto date.

regards alan.

Alan Cottrill.

1 hour ago, asianwings said:

Every time I update aircraft (737,777, 747) via the Operations Center, it wont update. 

Is it possible that you have to download the full installer? If you already did and it won’t install a micro update, then check your antivirus. Also, full names in the forums please, first and last.

1 hour ago, asianwings said:

Every time I update aircraft (737,777, 747) via the Operations Center, it wont update. 

1 hour ago, SO666 said:

My B737/777 are too much out of date and need fresh download installs to bring upto date.

Alan is correct. The problem is that the versions of the aircraft installed on your system are too old to be updated by the OC. I had the same issue with the 737 and 777-300. The short answer is to use Windows Add/Remove control panel to uninstall the base and expansion packages for the models that won't update. Then go to your PMDG account, download the up-to-date full installers and re-install your packages. PMDG has advised us that anti-virus programs might interfere with the installation process so be sure to disable your AV before running the installers.

After reinstalling your aircraft packages open the OC and run the Repair function for each of your models. All of your repaints will be restored and you will be a happy virtual pilot again. :)

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

2 hours ago, asianwings said:

Usually means your versions are way too out of date for the updater to even attempt to update them. A future version of the OC will make this more obvious, but for now, there's an entry in the log for us to check.

What versions numbers are being reported by the OC?

Kyle Rodgers

It could also be that the issue is caused by anti-virus program or even a download manager ( which was my issue).  You may want to consider temporarily uninstalling any offending software while you update the aircraft.

The update links for all your PMDG aircraft can be found in one of the logs located in %AppData%\Roaming\PMDG folder.  For example, the update for the PMDG NGX will look like this:  http://downloads.pmdg.com/productupdate/p4d/updater/PMDG_Updater_738_P3D.exe

\Robert Hamlich/