mikealpha

How to get ANY support ?

Recommended Posts

Does anybody have an idea how to get any support or an Email adress which might get an answer ? I tried their contact form on the Website, no answer.

Several problems in 7.4.1

1. Both RunwayNumberUpdate and Procedure Pronunciation Editor crash with 'Windows has stopped working'. Windows 10, .NET latest version 4.71, both running as administrator.

2. I have created two flightplans in PFPX, one is working, the other leads to 'Fatal error, disable VOXATC' error in P3Dv4 (during of after initialization).  Both short routes for testing (Frankfurt to Munich works, Stuttgart to Salzburg doesn't). I don't have the slightest idea why. Same AIRAC is installed and LevelDSim folder is specified.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just an update to problem 2. Has nothing to do with the flightplan, happens already if I enable Voxatc at EDDS without flightplan. Just at EDDS, not at other airports so far. If the developer should read here, the error log ...

..........

18:02:53.2490313 BGLFILE 79126.vidx
18:02:53.2725972 BGLFILE 81096.vidx
Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.ReviseAirports(ArrayList airportsForRevision, BGLAFDAirport baaIn)
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.ReviseAirportComponents()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.WorldGridCell.GetAirports()
   at com.intworkings.bglafd.BGLFile.GetAirports(Double lat, Double lon, Int32 index)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.AddAirports(Position posIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.LoadBGLImpl(Position posIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ChartGrid.SetUserPosition(Position posIn, Int32 width)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.LoadAerodromeArea(String strID)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Chart.GetNearestAirport(Position posIn)
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.SetupLocalFlightPlan()
   at VoxATCServer.VoxATCServer.InitVoxAtc()
21323016 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC

 

Other steps :

- Uninstalled EDDS Aerosoft Professional, same problem. Other Addons in this area : Orbx Germany South, but problem doesn't happen at EDDM or EDDF, also inside Germany South.

- Uninstalled Voxatc, removed contents of ../App-Data/Roaming/Internal Workings/Voxatc. Installed Voxatc again, re-indexed.

Does not help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck getting support from tegwyn the developer, sent him a few emails this year never bothered to reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikealpha said:

Other steps :

- Uninstalled EDDS Aerosoft Professional, same problem. Other Addons in this area : Orbx Germany South, but problem doesn't happen at EDDM or EDDF, also inside Germany South.

- Uninstalled Voxatc, removed contents of ../App-Data/Roaming/Internal Workings/Voxatc. Installed Voxatc again, re-indexed.

Does not help

Check for other 3rd party versions of EDDS that might be installed, like for example, My Traffic 6 which installs a version of EDDS. Rather than setting up VOXATC flight without a flight plan, I would use a very simple IFR flightplan. VOXATC will definitely generate errors without a flight plan, although in this case, it was a sensible debugging approach on your part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Check for other 3rd party versions of EDDS that might be installed, like for example, My Traffic 6 which installs a version of EDDS. Rather than setting up VOXATC flight without a flight plan, I would use a very simple IFR flightplan. VOXATC will definitely generate errors without a flight plan, although in this case, it was a sensible debugging approach on your part. 

VOXATC seems to initialize fine even without flightplan, comes up with instruction to tune for ATIS. At least on all other airports except EDDS so far. You are right of course, I should look for any other EDDS stuff. In the meantime, I also uninstalled ORBX Germany South completely. I don't have MT6, just UT Live. Should be down to the default scenery in that area now.

All to no avail. I'm lost with that problem.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions !

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll check the stock EDDS when I get some free time, although I remember looking at it with ADE before and it was unremarkable. Invariably, other than airport faults, the other issue is often elevation data, as VOXATC uses that to prevent its ATC from directing the user into the terrain. That feature can be turned off for debugging purposes.

One other thing that you can try is to fly with a stock aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mike,

I ran  a few IFR flights from EDDS with either the stock or the My T 6 airport without issue. The only other thing that I can suggest is to look for any other EDDS related BGL files, like for example altitude correction files located in ../scenery/world/scenery.

Else, turn on debug logging in the VOXATC advanced settings. Zip up all the log files and upload the zip file to the cloud (like for example with Dropbox or Google Drive). Use the contact page on the official VOXATC website to send a link to the uploaded files.

Sorry that I can't be of more help.

Jay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had a few issues myself and looked for support - nothing.  I like to support this community but some of these devs are making it hard lately.  Vox is an excellent ATC that just needs a little TLC to be even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite the lack of personal responses from the developer, real bugs in VOXATC are corrected rather expeditiously by the developer, in my experience. 3rd party scenery conflicts cause most of the glitches in VOXATC, whether they are user-induced or an actual bug in the app. You have to also consider that this version  (7) is the first written in 64 bit code, so the transition itself introduced some issues.

I think that this has been covered before but the "one man show" that is VOXATC is in the same boat as LM. If one skims through the LM official forum, most of the support responses consist of, "Did the error still occur with all 3rd party add-ons disabled?" I guess that having a response like that makes a user feel better, but in practice it's no more helpful than no response at all. But it does underscore the problem associated with an open architecture flight sim. It's a big sandbox and all the kids have to play nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I ran  a few IFR flights from EDDS with either the stock or the My T 6 airport without issue. The only other thing that I can suggest is to look for any other EDDS related BGL files, like for example altitude correction files located in ../scenery/world/scenery.

Else, turn on debug logging in the VOXATC advanced settings. Zip up all the log files and upload the zip file to the cloud (like for example with Dropbox or Google Drive). Use the contact page on the official VOXATC website to send a link to the uploaded files.

Thanks as always for your suggestions, Jay. No EDDS related stuff found after uninstalling FTX South Germany and Aerosoft EDDS. It's a relatively new PC with also P3Dv4.1 recently installed. Besides a few Aircraft Addons and AS just FTX Global, FTX Germany North/South and a few dozen Airport Addons installed.

No Vector or Mesh Addon, so no UTX or ORBX Vector.  With all care, I SHOULD be down to the default EDDS, although you never know 100%.

I described the error situation via the Contact Page a few days ago with no response. Yesterday I have send the error.log to RC SImulations asking them to forward it. Let's see how it turns out.

Thanks again !

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We all expect the hare but Tegwyn West is the tortoise. Slow and steady wins the race. If it was so easy to make an ATC add-on with all the features of VOXATC than someone else would have already done it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion no other ATC addon even come close to VoxATC in terms of features, (although Pilot2ATC is slowly getting there). Tegwyn could be a little better on the support though I imagine most of us agree on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the ATC side of things, P2ATC is the equal of VOXATC. Considering that P2ATC also works with XP11 (which has a comedy routine for its default ATC), that is saying a lot.

On the AI side of things, P2ATC can't compete. But the lack of an AI traffic component also makes P2ATC more reliable overall than VOXATC. By not having to control AI aircraft, P2ATC is less prone to falling prey to 3rd party scenery inconsistencies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VOXATC is the best combination of features for me right now including the control of AI.  I thought it was great that I actually got a quick answer from the developer when I asked a question when I first started using it.  Little did I know that he would be totally unresponsive after that initial response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No doubt Voxatc is great, just a bit depressing not having it available at my home airport.

To make the whole thing even more weird, I just tested it on my Laptop and there Voxatc initializes correctly at EDDS. Now, I use that Laptop mainly for testing Addons before I install them on my main FS-PC. It has A LOT more Addons currently installed than the PC where the error occurs. Including FTX South Germany and Aerosoft EDDS. There is nothing installed on the PC that the Laptop doesn`t have as well. 

Well, who knows, maybe that PC is too fast :-).

Does RunwayNumberUpdate and Procedure Pronunciation Editor work for you ? As mentioned, the first one crashes approx. 20 seconds into it, the second crashes right away ("Windows stopped working", nothing else)

If so, which Operating System and .NET version ?

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for what it's worth, from the Windows Event Logs  ...

 

Application: ProcedurePronunciationEditor.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException at com.intworkings.voxatc.VASound.GetNrOutDevs() at com.intworkings.voxatc.SystemVoice.Init() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.InitVoxAtc() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad image format most often implies that a 64 bit app called a 32 bit DLL. That can happen if the 64 bit version of the library is missing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just managed a test flight from Dusseldorf to Salzburg, not funny at all.

1. Taxi instructions. From my Position it should have been Tango - Mike - Lima One to holding point 23L. I got Tango - Mike, Mike and Mike to Lima One. Three times Mike ???

Listening to AI instructions, they got T - L5, L4, L3 to L1.  Lx are all runway entrances...

2. After takeoff I got handoff to Langen Approach, then Langen Center, then Frankfurt One Center. It should have been Langen Radar, not Langen Center, never mind. But handoff after takeoff to Langen Approach is complete rubbish.  And Frankfurt One Center ? That's phantasy.

Finally I got handoff to Salzburg Tower, confirmed with Roger. But then that was it, no landing clearance.

Oh well...

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Just managed a test flight from Dusseldorf to Salzburg, not funny at all.

1. Taxi instructions. From my Position it should have been Tango - Mike - Lima One to holding point 23L. I got Tango - Mike, Mike and Mike to Lima One. Three times Mike ???

Listening to AI instructions, they got T - L5, L4, L3 to L1.  Lx are all runway entrances...

2. After takeoff I got handoff to Langen Approach, then Langen Center, then Frankfurt One Center. It should have been Langen Radar, not Langen Center, never mind. But handoff after takeoff to Langen Approach is complete rubbish.  And Frankfurt One Center ? That's phantasy.

Finally I got handoff to Salzburg Tower, confirmed with Roger. But then that was it, no landing clearance.

Oh well...

Mike

Mike that HAS to be a problem with your airspace/scenery data. Vox cannot make stuff up, it can only use whats on your system.  If you wish to get realistic ATC instructions then you need to invest in accurate airspace data and in many cases edit wholesale the AFD files for airport sceneries.  Developers use wierd and wonderful AFD designs to get the AI to go where they want them to.  That kind of 'plumbing system' frequently messes vox up, because its trying to give you what it thinks is correct, only the taxiways its reading may be meant only for AI. Theres no way to distinguish between the two for Vox.  Use ADE and have a look at the airport scenery.  that may be the problem - look to see what freqs are defined in the AFD file.  I'd be willing to wager there's an APPR freq and that your airport scenery is pretty near the top of your scenery index?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevinfirth said:

 If you wish to get realistic ATC instructions then you need to invest in accurate airspace data

how could I do that ?

Quote

Use ADE and have a look at the airport scenery.  

Ok, will check with ADE. It is Justsim Dusseldorf EDDL and FTX Germany North/South which might be involved. Both are somewhere in the middle of the scenery index.

By the way, just for testing, it is OK to deactivate both in the scenery library and then re-index ? Or do Addons need to be uninstalled and then re-indexed ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just re-index.

11 hours ago, mikealpha said:

for what it's worth, from the Windows Event Logs  ...

 

Application: ProcedurePronunciationEditor.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException at com.intworkings.voxatc.VASound.GetNrOutDevs() at com.intworkings.voxatc.SystemVoice.Init() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.InitVoxAtc() at ProcedurePronunciationEditor.Window1.Window_Loaded(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(System.Object, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs, Boolean) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastEvent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.RoutedEvent) at System.Windows.BroadcastEventHelper.BroadcastLoadedEvent(System.Object) at MS.Internal.LoadedOrUnloadedOperation.DoWork() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireLoadedPendingCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks() at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object) at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.Resize(System.Windows.Media.ICompositionTarget) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize() at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(MS.Internal.Interop.WindowMessage, IntPtr, IntPtr) at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate) at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32) at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)

Or in this case a 32 bit app calling a 64 bit DLL. I believe that I read somewhere that short of extracting the 32 bit VASound.dll from the P3d V3 version of VOXATC and then moving the PP Editor files and the DLL to its own folder, there was no way of making the utility work until the release of 7.42. On the other hand, the XML file ProcedureNameConverter.xml located in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

can be edited directly to correct procedure pronunciation errors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mikealpha said:

how could I do that ?

Ok, will check with ADE. It is Justsim Dusseldorf EDDL and FTX Germany North/South which might be involved. Both are somewhere in the middle of the scenery index.

By the way, just for testing, it is OK to deactivate both in the scenery library and then re-index ? Or do Addons need to be uninstalled and then re-indexed ?

Thanks for the heads up !

Mike

accurate airspace data - Id recommes fsAerodata as its the only commercial solution available :p  It updates frequently as its derived from AIRAC data.

Then you'll also possibly require the AIRAC data itself, (vox uses levelD) to make sure they're synchronised.

If you place the scenery entries for fsAerodata at the top of the scenery index they should override any conflicting approach data contained in addon airport sceneries.

You'll still possibly have problems with taxiways and taxi instructions though, hence needing ADE.  I dont have those addons to be able to look for you sorry.

Its ok to deactivate and reindex, you dont have to uninstall :)

Cheers K

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

 the XML file ProcedureNameConverter.xml located in the hidden folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4

can be edited directly to correct procedure pronunciation errors.

Ok, great, thanks for that info !

Now, on my Laptop it was working yesterday and then as on the other PC the Windows Fall Creator update was running afterwards. After that it also doesn't work anymore on the Laptop. So I assume the Windows Update has screwed up something !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

accurate airspace data - Id recommes fsAerodata as its the only commercial solution available :p  It updates frequently as its derived from AIRAC data.

Then you'll also possibly require the AIRAC data itself, (vox uses levelD) to make sure they're synchronised.

If you place the scenery entries for fsAerodata at the top of the scenery index they should override any conflicting approach data contained in addon airport sceneries.

You'll still possibly have problems with taxiways and taxi instructions though, hence needing ADE.  I dont have those addons to be able to look for you sorry.

Its ok to deactivate and reindex, you dont have to uninstall :)

Cheers K

 

Great info, thanks ! I was not aware about FSAerodata, sounds very valuable regarding Airspace, wll purchase it right away. That should also make the not working RunwayNumberUpdate obsolete.

Now, P3D has the scenery defined via add-on.xml on top, so I assume I have to define FSAerodata like that as well, to make sure it is always on top of everything ?

You were right regarding the APPR. Apparently the designer has taken all Langen Radar Frequencies from the airport chart and defined them as APPROACH. Sigh...

I am not really sure how to influence the taxiway route and instruction by Voaxatc. Stuff like "taxi via Mike, Mike and Mike" could be easily avoided by Voxatc. I am not a programmer, something like ..."if TaxiwayDesignator(x+1) = TaxiwayDesignator(x) then do not mention it" :D

ADE lists Taxi Designators, Taxi Links and Taxi Points, what shall I look for ?

Thanks a lot again !

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Use Lorby's Add-on Manager to move the fsaerodata entries to the top of the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now