Highiron

PMDG Site A Mess?

28 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if anyone else is encountering this or not. When going to the PMDG site and logging in I'm getting a confirm password request and e-mail to verify.

I added the DC-6 to my cart and when selecting purchase it states the cart is empty. The process loops around and around. Haven't been on the page for ages so there wouldn't be any cache of it.

Tired of being unable to access my long standing account, I created a new account that I could access and finally purchased the DC-6. Installed it and ran it in Prepar3D after entering the registration code successfully.

Open the Operations Center and I am advised that a update is available for the DC-6. Strange that I just downloaded a outdated version, but OK, I run the "install update". Update window shows quickly but downloads nothing and then displays "you have no notifications" even though the old version still hasn't been updated. When I go to the liveries section and select "download" nothing happens but a red message pops up and then disappears stating there is 1 notification. Going back to the notification page still states "you have no notifications".

If I close the Operations Center and re-open, running as administrator of course, the notification for an update to the DC-6 re-appears. No update, no liveries.

When I go to login to the PMDG support center I attempt to login using my username and the just recently confirmed password and I'm told the username/password is incorrect. :blink:

I'm at a total loss as everything seem to be borked with the PMDG sites. Logins not working after confirmation e-mails being responded to and the Operations Center being completely dysfunctional. The only thing it did correctly was update its self.

Anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

36 minutes ago, Highiron said:

When I go to login to the PMDG support center I attempt to login using my username and the just recently confirmed password and I'm told the username/password is incorrect.

On this issue you need to register first and use a new password. The password for the shop does not work with support at - http://support.precisionmanuals.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Michael.

I did try to register but that too failed because my e-mail address is already in their system. I selected the "forgot password" option expecting to get another go around with password confirmation and changes but low and behold it sent me back an e-mail with my username and spelled out password. Indeed it was not the same for the site and my order account. Unification of these two would make more sense to me, but it's not my site so I play the game.

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Operations Center is refusing to update any of my PMDG aircraft. I just installed the 737 NG packages, 777 and 747 v3 as well and I'm getting the same failure to download any notification updates or liveries. The download status bar pops up then closes immediately. Something is very amok.

Peter, I went around the mulberry bush a few times with my password to my PMDG account. I even wondered if something had been hacked to get my password to access my products and product registration keys, but the link provided in my e-mail looked legit as far as I could see from it and it was impossible to gain access to my account without following through with it. The first time I went through the process last weekend my confirmed password refused to work yesterday, the first time I tried logging in since then. I then ran through the "click here to reset your password" and was e-mailed another link where I changed it and then was asked to confirm it with another e-mail link when I tried to log in with it again and then finally I was able to access my account. Something about this smells very bad, especially since I see no mention of this "new" confirmation requirement anywhere in the forums or a statement on the PMDG site that is obvious to a user. Very troubling...

To make things more confusing, when I went into my account user profile the old password was still in place in the "password" field. For extra measure I changed this too and then confirmed it. I'm concerned my account has been hacked and my updates won't work because there are multiple installs of my products and the Operations Center is denying access to my updates. I sure hope not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no issues logging into my account and viewing my previous orders. It did ask me to reset my password, which I did, and afterwards I was able to login using the new password.

However, I can't seem to purchase anything. Whenever I add something to the cart and press checkout, the cart empties itself. Must be some bug in their system. I was able to click on PayPal checkout... I haven't checked if that procedure worked, however...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys,

For anyone having issues with adding something in the cart. Please make sure that you clean your browser cache. This behavior is usually because the browser keeps old data in. Also make sure you logout, login again.

 

If you still have issues please open a ticket with us using the url at my signature to inform us and check further if needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anders, thanks for confirming that you too had to reset/confirm your password when you logged on. I never tried using the PayPal function for the purchase as the DC-6 was being gifted to me through my friends credit card. The credit card purchase did take properly through the newly created account I started but it didn't work through my existing one. The shopping cart indicated an item and its details but selecting "checkout" kicked back a message that my cart was empty. Clearly not just me.

Jovabra, I am already using the latest Firefox browser. Microsoft Edge is useless for trying to pull up pages and making purchases, it blocks just about everything from working as it should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Olympic260 said:

Guys,

For anyone having issues with adding something in the cart. Please make sure that you clean your browser cache. This behavior is usually because the browser keeps old data in. Also make sure you logout, login again.

 

If you still have issues please open a ticket with us using the url at my signature to inform us and check further if needed.

Hi Chris.

I wasn't having any issues adding things to my cart. For me the issue was making a credit card purchase through the checkout function when the product was showing clearly in the cart. It kept repeating my cart was empty when my cart and the upper tab was clearly indicating it was not. This issue persisted after logging in and out on several occasions. I did see in other posts some time ago that it was recommended to clear the browser cache, but I can assure you my browser cache was indeed cleared of any history. It's been something like 8 months since I last accessed my PMDG account and over that time my browser cache has been cleared out umpteen number of times. I'm still having zero success updating any of my PMDG products through the Operations Center. The liveries started to download for me for the 737, 777 and 747 but the DC-6 is still a complete no go for liveries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Highiron said:

Hi Chris.

I wasn't having any issues adding things to my cart. For me the issue was making a credit card purchase through the checkout function when the product was showing clearly in the cart. It kept repeating my cart was empty when my cart and the upper tab was clearly indicating it was not. This issue persisted after logging in and out on several occasions. I did see in other posts some time ago that it was recommended to clear the browser cache, but I can assure you my browser cache was indeed cleared of any history. It's been something like 8 months since I last accessed my PMDG account and over that time my browser cache has been cleared out umpteen number of times. I'm still having zero success updating any of my PMDG products through the Operations Center. The liveries started to download for me for the 737, 777 and 747 but the DC-6 is still a complete no go for liveries.

Thad,

 

For the OC issue I have replied to the ticket. Regarding the store can you try another browser? I tried here and had no issue at all reaching up to the credit card details entry screen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HighHiron for your info:

i always purchase my flightsim software and visit fora i’m using my iMac and Safari. Never a strange login messages. Before i am using Firefox but all the last updates is not a benefit. 

Regards and success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

Thad,

 

For the OC issue I have replied to the ticket. Regarding the store can you try another browser? I tried here and had no issue at all reaching up to the credit card details entry screen

Chris, I sent the .cab file as requested on the ticket issue.

I tried once again with Firefox. I made sure my cache was cleared. I logged in navigated to the DC-6 for Prepar3D and selected to buy, typed in the "YES" to the terms and added to my cart. The DC-6 showed in the cart and up in the basket icon tab on the top right. Selecting any checkout button cleared the screen and the message "your cart is empty / Continue Shopping" is displayed. The basket in the upper right now indicates "The cart is empty". I tried the "Save Cart" option and the page flips back to the main menu and again the basket on the upper right corner is empty. Selecting "View Saved Shopping Carts" displays the message "You do not have any saved shopping carts".

I repeated the exact same process using Microsoft Edge and received the exact same results.

The PayPal option works fine in both browsers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Highiron said:

Chris, I sent the .cab file as requested on the ticket issue.

I tried once again with Firefox. I made sure my cache was cleared. I logged in navigated to the DC-6 for Prepar3D and selected to buy, typed in the "YES" to the terms and added to my cart. The DC-6 showed in the cart and up in the basket icon tab on the top right. Selecting any checkout button cleared the screen and the message "your cart is empty / Continue Shopping" is displayed. The basket in the upper right now indicates "The cart is empty". I tried the "Save Cart" option and the page flips back to the main menu and again the basket on the upper right corner is empty. Selecting "View Saved Shopping Carts" displays the message "You do not have any saved shopping carts".

I repeated the exact same process using Microsoft Edge and received the exact same results.

The PayPal option works fine in both browsers.

Thad,

 

I will check and reply back in the ticket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's 3:49 AM here in Hoth, Alberta and I need some sleep after trying to solve these issues for the last 9 hours. I'll check back here and my e-mail with regards to the OC ticket in 5 hours or so.

Thanks for the help and response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now