Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

AS + SF entering Full overcast

14 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I would suggest you don’t try using ASCA with SF.

I tried using it with Rex soft clouds but ASCA works best with itself or envtext.

Use AS with SF, set textures within SF at DTX5 and a res of 512. You then should be fine.

I don’t see better FPS than AS , ASCA plus soft clouds but with SF I can go from a cloud draw distance of 110 to 200 with minimal effect on FPS.

Thanks Nyxx,

From what I’m gathering from other folks SF is not injecting into AS on the fly like ASCA.

6 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

Thanks Nyxx,

Is SF injecting into AS on the fly just like ASCA.

I have no idea how they work together that’s a question for Rex, they said SF will work with other weather engines and it seems to work very well as you can see. SF looks and performs imo very well. To have a draw distance of 200 miles with full over cast and I use SSAAx4, to me is worth the price just for that.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

I have no idea how they work together that’s a question for Rex, they said SF will work with other weather engines and it seems to work very well as you can see. SF looks and performs imo very well. To have a draw distance of 200 miles with full over cast to be is worth the price just for that.

I agree there. 200 miles is a massive bonus. Hope I don’t loose FPS when in VR.

I might have to tell the kids the family holiday is over early (due to weather) and return home to try out SF.

42 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I tried using it with Rex soft clouds but ASCA works best with itself or envtext.

Use AS with SF, set textures within SF at DTX5 and a res of 512. You then should be fine.

I don’t see better FPS than AS , ASCA plus soft clouds but with SF I can go from a cloud draw distance of 110 to 200 with minimal effect on FPS.

Those pics are incredible looking and consistent with what I'm also doing using AS with SF. This business about ASCA's  'dynamic' mode is a bit overblown. Why? Because unlike SF's weather program AS fairly seamlessly incorporates the multiple and varied cloud textures per the various weather patterns and conditions. In fact, flying yesterday all I saw was AS and SF working in tandem in a seamless weather experience going from a  heavy clouds and precipitation situation to moderate cloud cover. In this I see no difference in using the dynamic mode of ASCA such that it would cause me to go back. Perceptually I see no effect that differs visually wise. I  have never liked the cloud textures in ASCA nor ENVTEX either.

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

4 hours ago, Nyxx said:

if  you  want  to use  asca   make sure  you untick  all the  texture boxes  don t know  if  it  will work, but  iam  with  you   i use  as16  with sf  and  turn  off  asca

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

10 hours ago, Nyxx said:

I have no idea how they work together that’s a question for Rex, they said SF will work with other weather engines and it seems to work very well as you can see. SF looks and performs imo very well. To have a draw distance of 200 miles with full over cast and I use SSAAx4, to me is worth the price just for that.

Indeed that sounds very  promising :biggrin:

David are you having ASP4 and SF on the same PC ? I have ASP4 on a network PC and would like SF to be installed on the Master PC where the sim is installed

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

22 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Indeed that sounds very  promising :biggrin:

David are you having ASP¤ and SF on the same PC ? I have ASP4 on a network PC and would like SF to be installed on the Master PC where the sim is installed

Thanks

Michael Moe

All on the same PC Michael.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Nyxx

Following this thread with great interest

Will dual use ie ASP4 and SF together -stop these “jumps” we are all noticing and ignoring as weather scenarios change during a flight?

xxd09

Just to be clear:

1. SkyForce 3D does injects cloud models and structures dynamically!
  2. SkyForce 3D doesn't inject textures dynamically!
  3. Cloud textures are chosen by a static set, which consists of 8 cumulus and 8 cirrus clouds.
  4. Sky textures within SkyForce 3D is - like sky and cloud - chosen from a static set. There is however the option to choose a 10-day set (I don't really know how it chooses which texture in this option) and that works very nice, IMO.

Dynamic texture injection is for REX's upcoming addon; EnvironmentForce, to do.

As far as I've witnessed, AS16 with SkyForce works extremely well. I would - if at all possible - avoid using ASCA in that combination!

Thanks for the tip, @Nyxx. I will try using the 200nm cloud draw distance when I have a chance. Is that set in AS16 and in Prepar3D, then?

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

xxd09

Please allow me to give a little insight here.

First to answer you question, When using ASP4 as the weather engine it, as its always been gives perfect seamless weather for that alone it's the best weather engine we have available. Working with SF makes no difference and the two work beautifully together as hopefully you can see.

I would like to point out....

The SF built in weather engine with SF is better. I have never seen skies and clouds look so good but looks is very subjective and personal. So the screenshots you see would be even more stunning if I used SF weather engine. But sadly the redraw kills it. If anyone does not understand what redraw is, we had it until AS came along and did away with it. Without AS what happens is you sim is injected with a weather after you have been flying, lets say its overcast.......you see an end to the overcast cloud cover and think your coming to clearer skies. Then you get a redraw and the sky ahead then becomes overcast again. Not nice.

13 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Just to be clear:

1. SkyForce 3D does injects cloud models and structures dynamically!
  2. SkyForce 3D doesn't inject textures dynamically!
  3. Cloud textures are chosen by a static set, which consists of 8 cumulus and 8 cirrus clouds.
  4. Sky textures within SkyForce 3D is - like sky and cloud - chosen from a static set. There is however the option to choose a 10-day set (I don't really know how it chooses which texture in this option) and that works very nice, IMO.

Dynamic texture injection is for REX's upcoming addon; EnvironmentForce, to do.

As far as I've witnessed, AS16 with SkyForce works extremely well. I would - if at all possible - avoid using ASCA in that combination!

Thanks for the tip, @Nyxx. I will try using the 200nm cloud draw distance when I have a chance. Is that set in AS16 and in Prepar3D, then?

Hi Anders,

I nice sum up.

I think the 10 day option is a nice option.

With AS it does not matter what you set in P3D, but it's set to 90 to match the Min cloud draw distance within AS options. (The max within the sim I think is 110). The max cloud draw distance with AS is where I set the max draw distance and it's now set to 200 nm. 

Anders, please note I am using the DTX5 and res to 512 for both textures. Please share your finding.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Anders, please note I am using the DTX5 and res to 512 for both textures. Please share your finding.

Thanks for that, David. 

I will later tonight.
Thanks for all your help.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Just now, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for that, David. 

I will later tonight.
Thanks for all your help.

Always happy to help and look forward to your finding. 

• Upvote 1

Hi Nyxx

Will dual use ie ASP4 and SF together -stop these “jumps” we are all noticing and ignoring as weather scenarios change during a flight?

xxd09

Hi Nyxx(and Anders)

Thanks for clear explanation 

Will try the 10 day option in SF before moving on to using ASP4

xxd09

11 minutes ago, xxd09 said:

Hi Nyxx

xxd09

Hi Nyxx(and Anders)

Thanks for clear explanation 

Will try the 10 day option in SF before moving on to using ASP4

xxd09

One  way  to find  out  is to try  for  your  self,  since  thats what  David  being  doing  for the  past few  days   giving  us  options, least  there  hasnt  been  any negative  post  against  rex  as  per the other  threads  on sf

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg