Sign in to follow this  
GregC

What's next for PMDG?

55 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

Qwality wings did a 787

Did they? ^^ For which sim? ;D and what I have read (no personal exp) it seems to be as study level as the CS 757... 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

Qwality wings did a 787

Not at the level of PMDG though.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, anthonyg96 said:

Qwality wings did a 787

Yeah, they've done one as have AFS Design but doesn't mean to say it's up to the standards expected from other developers.

If PMDG are developing a 787 then anyone even thinking about the QW one should fly other airframes and save their cash until it's released from here.

• Upvote 1

Are these comments about the QW 787 based on personal experience and accurate information, or are they just unsubstantiated opinions?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are these comments about the QW 787 based on personal experience and accurate information, or are they just unsubstantiated opinions?

try facts? QW did a good job, dont get me wrong. But the overall quality like certain textures for example are low quality. The plane flies, sometimes nicely too, but it doesnt compare to PMDG quality.

52 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

as I have written above I have only read about it and seen YT videos. I don't have the FSX version as I have left FSX when P3D v3 came out. But: The reviews and forum posts I have read and relating to several "in depth" YT vids it's absolutely not what it is claimed to be. It was advertised as a great study level Dreamliner but in fact it is not. Developers seem to have become quite fast in claiming their addons as "study level". But in my understanding "study level" means that I can learn this airplane in the sim, can study its manuals, FCOMs, and so on and jump into the real airplane and be able to manage its systems. As I have just read about it and didn't try it I cannot give specific examples in detail about it, but fortunately I'm not the only one to hold it that way :D Yes, it's kind of "but the others have said, that...", but that is how word of mouth works :D And there ARE serious reviewers and 787 pilots out there. It's similar to the other airplane I mentioned. It looks nice but as soon as you have to deal with compromises when setting up the FMS it's not study level. When weights are taken from somewhere else than my fingers entering them.. well... There are study level airplanes, PMDG provide them, FSL, A2A... not sure about the Q400 but I think at least the Pro version IS... Maddog.. But we still miss a 787, 757/767, oh there are so many that are missing ;D. 

Nice airplane, for sure... And I impatiently wait for its P3D release... but if PMDG was faster... 

"your content will need to be approved by a moderator"..

lol?

3 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

"your content will need to be approved by a moderator"..

lol?

I approved it, although I have no clue why it was put in that state...

• Upvote 1

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

2 minutes ago, Olympic260 said:

I approved it, although I have no clue why it was put in that state...

His post had the word FSL in it, hence the necessary approval.

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

His post had the word  in it, hence the necessary approval.

LMAO.. 

Edited by Olympic260
Removed the world to avoid continues aprooval requests

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Speaking only for myself - they are just baseless conjecture, ramblings, rantings and wine;  born of my desire to fly a PMDG airframe based on it. ;-)

7 hours ago, elmucki said:

try facts? QW did a good job, dont get me wrong. But the overall quality like certain textures for example are low quality. The plane flies, sometimes nicely too, but it doesnt compare to PMDG quality.

That's an opinion.

Go to the paid support 787 forums and see the issues those bird have.

Mine is grounded cause has issues with NAV among other things. Some can't even take off.

That's why I really, really hope next PMDG plane will be the 787 series.

Edited by PaulGR
  • Upvote 2

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

Slagging the competitions products is (or at least used to be) against forum policy and I am quite surprised that the moderators have let it get this far.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paul_Smith said:

Slagging the competitions products is (or at least used to be) against forum policy and I am quite surprised that the moderators have let it get this far.

there's a difference between slagging and comparing. competition requires comparisions and as long as there aren't any lies but facts and justified opinions it's necessary.. Some developers tend to claim their products as sth that just doesn't apply and if there was no (negative) criticism allowed but only commendation nothing would ever change. Jumping on the bandwagon of "study level" addons is easy.. To keep the promise is a bit harder.