Sign in to follow this  
ms2

No cargo-ai on airport in cargo zones (UTL)

26 minutes ago, tooting said:

no you cant without power pack 

Yes you can without power pack. It's in the member forum.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Which begs the question.....why couldn't the developer add the cargo repaints? Isn't the entire point of these AI packages to save the end user from having to do lots of hard work to populate their airports with realistic aircraft?

Agree, I find that I spend to many times to install addons and programs in different ways, and manners + correcting conflicts.

Normally in mine mind paywares must becoming real plug-and-play as in the past... Orbx and fsdg are on the good way.

Yesterday lost one day to understand and to try to resolve incompatibility between simpac KSLC and orbx.

Think too that minimum the 4 majors cargo-companies must be there in one update of UTL, because a lot of US airports have large empty aprons.

Trying this evening to do one ai 737-800 for Ups but the result is to heavy...

thx for your answers.

Mark

1 hour ago, SKEWR said:

Hello;

As many has said, you can add FDX, UPS and any other airline you like. You can find schedules online as well as models and repaints. There are very helpful people in the community (huge thanks to @Dave_YVR) and a good tutorial on the registered user forums, but be prepared to go through config files and verify entries.

My experience has been a MASSIVE upgrade in the look of the models and frame rates (over MT6), but I still have not been able to find all the models and repaints I need yet.

Yes you can, if you are willing to write a few thousand lines of XML code in this format:

<string>FDX|FDX|5201|ABF|EIDW|IRL|1115|1115|EGSS|GBR|1190|1190|0</string>

A bit tedious, isnt it?

Lars,

Im afraid Im going to have to back to school to even understand how to read that string, other than FDX and the airports. Hopefully, powerpack will permit a simplified way of entering new flight plans.

Rob

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Which begs the question.....why couldn't the developer add the cargo repaints? Isn't the entire point of these AI packages to save the end user from having to do lots of hard work to populate their airports with realistic aircraft?

Some of the cargo paints ARE included, the reason's we were all given was to keep the costs down when everything is already available for free.

5 hours ago, tooting said:

I agree James problem Is theres alot of airlines that ut have schedules for that haven't been made by ai alpha, utt, etc. Etc 

For example I'll have a guess there's no silkway italia or airbridge schedules to download to make yourself, that are as recent as ut live

You are kidding right? Those are all available and probably of much better quality from a number of sources at AIG.

3 hours ago, tooting said:

no you cant without power pack 

There's also a tool available by one of the UTL users that converts AI flightplans into xml files used by UTL, I've got close to 20 in my setup currently with only a few duplicate issues which is still FAR better than any other AI package available.

2 hours ago, Woozie said:

Yes you can, if you are willing to write a few thousand lines of XML code in this format:

A bit tedious, isnt it?

If you want to go about things the hard way sure, but a bit of research and you can also look into using UTL_FP available here

I tinker with UTL out of curiosity and would use it LONG before MyTraffic but without a doubt, nothing comes close to old custom bgl AI setup. 

• Upvote 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

@Dave_YVR that screenshot is pretty cool.  I didn't realize the other cargo carriers' flightplans were in UTL.  I was able to install the UPS and FedEx carriers a few months ago and now you've piqued my interest again to see what else is in UTL that I did not realize.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I am going from the memory of Ultimate Traffic 2

Print out to pdf a schedule of your favorite airports through UTL, or the airports you are landing and taking off from in the UTL program.

Look at the schedule for aircraft types you can find the codes for cargo aircraft on a simple web search. B74F, B77X Etc, in the repaint assign section look at if there is no assigned repaint for these types from the Airlines that serve your airport.

There are tutorials on manually getting repaints.

That is the drawback to in my opinion a better traffic program. It takes some manual work to get things right, but most flight simulator addons are like that.

8 hours ago, Woozie said:

A bit tedious, isnt it?

Not sure what you're talking about, but XML programming is not needed. Again see the tutorial on the registered forums for information. Not falsehoods.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

6 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

the reason's we were all given was to keep the costs down when everything is already available for free.

I don't agree this argument, if was a reality with fs2004 and Fsx, now for p3dv4 is not more true because we want new ai (better done) and COMPILED WITH SDK of LM. Whiteout speaking that programs to help to do the job are now old and are difficult to install because based on old resources, 

If for someone this is a game to construct with multi web researchs. In 2018 computers and publics are no more only for geek. Prehistory of computing is the past now for buyers.

As majority of simmers, I prefer to buy a addon correctly done by a pro and flying gently in mine sim...  This argument is a better one for marketing.

A UTL package cargo, shall be rapidly a must have for simmers in cargo-aircrafts and for others hating wide empty aprons.

As said above UTL is a product, I like very well. Just must go one step more now... It is work for programmers not for myself... because don't want spend many times and risking to crash mine sim with incompatible old ai-planes.

if anybody have making the researchs for adequate aircrafts and have the fleet for FedEx and Ups..,shall be a top to have the package in the AV sim library... Yes here... I dream.

Or I'm "Ready" to paid for a UTL cargo version too. I hope that this topic go to the headquarter of flight1...

Mark

If exist a new solution v4 for statics aircrafts to place manually on aprons, it is a other mid-solution to filling empty zones. Before v4 was using instant scenery of F1, a easy program to had objects you want in your's sceneries. But this instant scenery is no compatible 64 b.

ADE exist but is less instinctive because you must always compiling before seeing anything.

2 hours ago, SKEWR said:

Not sure what you're talking about, but XML programming is not needed. Again see the tutorial on the registered forums for information. Not falsehoods.

Which one are you referring to? The pinned tutorial (v1.3) that describes how to compile BGL files with AI Flight Planner? Or is it buried somewhere in the UTL forum?

Still, as long as we dont get our hands on the power pack, its going to be a manual and tedious process to create schedules, FP's and aircraft/livery assignments and to ensure it doesn't interfere with UTL's existing schedules for a particular airline. I rather spend my limited leisure time flying in the sim. 

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

If you want to go about things the hard way sure, but a bit of research and you can also look into using UTL_FP available here

Cheers Dave, didnt know there's a converter available now (and certainly didnt look for it on AIG forums)

On 1/29/2018 at 6:07 AM, Woozie said:

The Fedex/UPS schedule mentioned by Bob can be found in the AVSIM Library by searching for FedEx/UPS Flight Schedule

In order to get P3Dv4 compatible AI planes for the schedules, check this thread: 

This will at least populate cargo terminals served by FedEx/UPS quite nicely. For other cargo operators you will have to wait for the upcoming UTL Powerpack, which will make it much easier to add schedules to UTL, so it wont take long until the community comes up with other cargo schedules

It did not work for me. It did not populate any terminals at KSDF the biggest one out there!!

Edited by Mark Niebauer
typo

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

On 6/30/2019 at 4:07 AM, Mark Niebauer said:

It did not work for me. It did not populate any terminals at KSDF the biggest one out there!!

Check the aircraft/livery assignments in UTL for the respective carrier/aircraft type. Do you see correct liveries there?