Sign in to follow this  
mr_gambler

Does the FSlabs A320 worth it?

Hi guys, I have a question for you. I am thinking about buying the FSlabs A320 or not but I can´t decide wheter I should do this or not.
This Add-On is a very expensive one and it would be nice if someone could give some pros and cons for and against buying the bus. 
Many people say that the cockpit textures of the Airbus from FSlabs aren´t that nice but I think it has stunning sounds and many things I would not get if I am flying with the Aerosoft Airbus, which I am currently doing.

So, as I said, please give me some pros and cons for and against the FSlabs! If you want to know my system specs:

i5-6500
ASUS ROG Strix 1060 OC
16 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P

I´ll be happy if someone answer me :)

Best regards

Max 

I'm a beta tester for the FSL's A320X.

I've flown both the Aerosoft and FSL A320s (along with too many other high-end addons...) and consider the FSL version among the best of all available airliner simulations. And FSL is continuing to enhance and improve it; an update is in the works. FSL also plans on adding to this line an A319 next. The A320X's systems fidelity, high-end sounds and other effects, and accurate FBW depiction make this the best, in my opinion.

With your system, you can run the FSL bus so long as you avoid pushing all of the P3D sliders to the far right. I've been running P3Dv4 on a i5-2500K based system overclocked to 4.4 GHz, 16 GB ram, and a 1070GTX and am enjoying a smooth flight experience.

• Upvote 3

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

One of the best out there.

Truly a masterpiece and study sim.

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I will let some of the others chime in on whether or not your pc can handle it, but I would say it should if you don't try to run the max settings within the sim.

Aside from that, I would say absolutely get it if you are into full modeling of all systems within the Airbus.  This is a very sophistically advanced airplane and is modeled very well and accurate.  I have been flying it for about a year and I have barely scratched the surface on what it can do.  I also never understood why some say the cockpit textures are bad either.  I think they look great actually.  They are going to release an update "soon" as well that should have some improvements.  I couldn't be happier with flying it. 

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I bought it not too long ago for Prepar3d 4.1

I always find these questions hard to answer. Is it "worth it". 

If you have the horsepower to run it and you are a big fan of Airbus and loves the idea that basically all systems are modelled and you can ECAM Action every little item there is, then it is definately worth it.
But at the same time I would advice against it if you are a casual (that seem like a deragatory remark in the FS world, I do not mean it that way) airbus simmer and is not interested in following abnormal procedures etc. While the Aerosoft Airbus on paper seems like an inferior opponent to the FS Labs A320, Aerosoft has managed to create a system-flora and a package that really caters to its audience.

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Okay, thank you for your nice answers. Is there any way to get a beta of FSlabs A320 to test it for my own? Because I don´t want to crack it, I think that would not be a good idea. Maybe anyone of you has an idea, would be great :)

I have the FSLabs A320, but am eagerly awaiting the update [soon :( ] before I take it back out of the hangar !!  I am also waiting for the updated Aerosoft aircraft, as I find his better suits my needs, but not for P3D V4 yet, hence why P3D V3 is still installed on my PC.  I also enjoy the 737, 777 too.

Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

11 minutes ago, mr_gambler said:

Maybe anyone of you has an idea, would be great :)

Buy it like the rest of us did, simple. No, there is no way for you to get a beta. Testers are hand picked by the FSL team and they certainly don’t hand the beta out to anyone. Not the smartest to come on here and talk about pirating it either, just some friendly advice.

• Upvote 2

It was just a question, and as I said, it is not a good idea to crack it. I did not know that there are no beta to test the plane so I have asked you - sorry

1 minute ago, mr_gambler said:

It was just a question, and as I said, it is not a good idea to crack it. I did not know that there are no beta to test the plane so I have asked you - sorry

It’s not the issue that you asked a question, that’s of course perfectly fine, it’s just the fact that you didn’t even consider purchasing it. You said you don’t want to have to crack it, so you were asking if there was a beta available (which there is not). Most who crack it just “to test the performance and see f I like it”, which I’m not saying you’d want to for those reasons, don’t end up buying it. If I misinterpreted your post then feel free to let me know, otherwise I wouldn’t post anything that has the word “crack” in it. Once again, it’s perfectly fine to ask a question, I do it all the time and I wasn’t jumping on you sorely for that.

Ok, so this is what i mean:

I don´t know wheter I should buy the FSlabs or not and fly another one like the aersosoft. Therefore I asked you if there is a beta available (which is not, now I know it :)) Also I said that I would never crack the Bus and for this it would be nice to have a beta - this is the reason I said that :-) So I hope you understand me that I do not crack it, sorry for misunderstanding ;)

Should you buy the FSL A320 or wait for the Aerosoft A320 range? They are your options.

Pro's and Con's.

FSL A320.

Pro's

It's the closest to a full level D simulator we will probably get.

Every switch...everything you do seems like your sitting in the real thing.

What more is they to say?

Con's

Communication to customers is appalling frankly, if it was not so damm good I would walk away from them. They are working on performance and its said to be now the same as the PMDG NG. But it's been close to 4 months since one of the devs took 10 mins of there time to give us an update. Norman etc are great on the forums but the real info that as a customers I would like to be keep in the picture about is appalling. 

Aerosofts yet to be released A320 (318-319 will come first)

Pro's

Looks like that have made huge progress over there last A320 that was ..well lets not go there. The work and progress is frantastic to see.

If you want to just fly from A to B and not want to get into the depth of a real A320 then dont buy the FSL one.

Always bare this in mind as I feel I will be quoting this a lot when there Bus comes out. This is a quote from a realy nice guy called Frank over at Aerosoft, This is a perfect sum up as to how people should see them both.

“Feel free to buy the FSL Bus. It is very nice, but also for a different market at a different price. The two products will never be the same or comparable for that matter.”

Also they give weekly updates on whats happening and keep everyone in the picture to were there at. I have the utmost respect for that. Because Frankly PMDG and FSL should be ashamed of themselves in comparison.

I hope that gives you food for thought?

• Upvote 12

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 minute ago, Nyxx said:

Should you pay the FSL A320 or wait for the Aerosoft A320 range? They are your options.

Pro's and Con's.

FSL A320.

Pro's

It's the closest to a full level D simulator we will probably get.

Every switch...everything you do seems like your sitting in the real thing.

What more is they to say?

Con's

Communication to customers is appalling frankly, if it was not so damm good I would walk away from them. They are working on performance and its said to be now the same as the PMDG NG. But it's been close to 4 months since one of the devs took 10 mins of there time to give us an update. Norman etc are great on the forums but the real info that as a customers I would like to be keep in the picture about is appalling. 

Aerosofts yet to be released A320 (318-319 will come first)

Pro's

Looks like that have made huge progress over there last A320 that was ..well lets not go there. The work and progress is frantastic to see.

If you want to just fly from A to B and not want to get into the depth of a real A320 then dont buy the FSL one.

Always bare this in mind as I feel I will be quoting this a lot when there Bus comes out. This is a quote from a realy nice guy called Frank over at Aerosoft, This is a perfect sum up as to how people should see them both.

“Feel free to buy the FSL Bus. It is very nice, but also for a different market at a different price. The two products will never be the same or comparable for that matter.”

Also they give weekly updates on what happening and keep everyone in the picture to were there at. I have the utmost respect for that. Because Frankly PMDG and FSL should be ashamed of themselves in comparison.

I hope that give you food for thought?

That´s what I want to get, thanks :)

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mr_gambler said:

So I hope you understand me that I do not crack it, sorry for misunderstanding ;)

I’m really sorry that I misunderstood you, now I understand what you meant. My apologies.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Milton Waddams said:

I’m really sorry that I misunderstood you, now I understand what you meant. My apologies.

No problem, that was my mistake because of my not perfect english :)

• Upvote 1