Sign in to follow this  
RyInTheSky

Maddog Repaints Suggestions

Repaints of some of those recent but short-lived Swedish independent operators would be welcome:

Fly Nordic

Nordic Leisure

Air Sweden

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, exupery said:

Repaints of some of those recent but short-lived Swedish independent operators would be welcome:

Fly Nordic

Norwegian MD82 

• Upvote 1

Dear Maddog Team, dear fellow MD80 pilots,

First, let me congratulate to the release of the Maddog X, which brings back a lot of good old memories from flying the Maddog in FS9 and FSX. Well done! With that being said, I would like to kindly point your attention to the following (exemplary) offer over at simmarket:

http://secure.simmarket.com/glc-textures-md-80-jetsgo-aeromexico-travel-fsx-p3d.phtml

In this context, I would like to ask the following two questions:

1) Based on the facebook page of GLC Textures, it seems that they produced the initial set of textures for the release of the Maddog X. Is this indeed the case?

2) If the above is true, I find it a little irritating that liveries are being sold on simmarket while the paint kit has not officially been released to the community. I would thus kindly ask if this is part of the business model of Leonardo software (needless to say, a decision that I would hardly support).

Best wishes,

Alejandro

• Upvote 4

Would love to see an Airtours International (83) as there were not many UK operators other than Paramount.

Other liveries that make the MD look good:

Spanair

Nordic Leisure

Snowflake

Aero Lloyd

AOM

Aviaco (88)

Iberia (88)

Swiss

Swissair

Crossair

Thanks,

Steve

Edited by steveuk
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, chironale said:

Dear Maddog Team, dear fellow MD80 pilots,

First, let me congratulate to the release of the Maddog X, which brings back a lot of good old memories from flying the Maddog in FS9 and FSX. Well done! With that being said, I would like to kindly point your attention to the following (exemplary) offer over at simmarket:

http://secure.simmarket.com/glc-textures-md-80-jetsgo-aeromexico-travel-fsx-p3d.phtml

In this context, I would like to ask the following two questions:

1) Based on the facebook page of GLC Textures, it seems that they produced the initial set of textures for the release of the Maddog X. Is this indeed the case?

2) If the above is true, I find it a little irritating that liveries are being sold on simmarket while the paint kit has not officially been released to the community. I would thus kindly ask if this is part of the business model of Leonardo software (needless to say, a decision that I would hardly support).

Best wishes,

Alejandro

I just learned that the paint kit has been released (source). Thank you for supporting the freeware community and I am looking forward to start working with it.

Cheers,

Alejandro

• Upvote 2

Would LOVE to see somebody take up the following :

Since we have a decent current AAL Super 80 livery, these 2 always overlooked would be great.

Early AAL Circa 1980s Super 80 with the aluminum polished tail like the 727s were, black nose and Super 80 titles up front on lower fuselage, non-cone.

1990s-Mid 2000s AAL Super 80, Grey Painted Tail with black nose with/without Super 80 title up front, Cone model.

Continental, Insel Air and SAS would be nice as well.

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

My hopes would be:

All Delta variants

Assorted other American variants (black nose, Super 80 titles, etc.)

Midwest Airlines (& Midwest Express)

Alaska

Continental (meatball and globe)

Northwest

World Atlantic

TWA (stripes and globe)

Reno Air

US Air

Frontier

Glad to see a public paint kit available, to support the freeware community.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 25.2.2018 at 5:44 PM, chironale said:

Hello
  Are there ever freeware repaints I'm not ready for 2 repaints
Pay $ 10 if there are any where can I download them

Kind regards
             Flyerman

• Upvote 1

I haven’t seen any freeware repaints released yet, but the pain kit was just released so I’m sure they’re coming.

I saw those payware repaints on simmarket too.  They look very good but 8 euros is a lot for 2 paints, particularly if I really only want one of them.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Hello all Maddog lovers,

I'd like to nominate New York Air for the list.

Regards,

Greg