Sign in to follow this  
CaptainStraw

Latest experimental version: short stutter

Confirm (in my case), with 4.2 and with "enabled advanced features" on, i have a serious problems with microstuttering, when panning but also in vc during normal slow panning, example for switch the lights or for set a com freq...ecc. ecc. 

Finish now a test flight from LIMF to LIRF with bad weather on fslabs 320x, chaseplane 0.4.192, no Advanced features...and flight super smooth in any phase. Yesterday try same flight...with advanced features on...and i see orrible microstuttering during flight.

Now...my question is...Please investigate to this advanced features and your trouble with p3d 4.2...but i don't now if problems are present also in 4.1 because in 4.1 i'm don't use the experimental version.

Gianluca Balloni

Can also confirm the microstuttering seems to disappear when advanced features are disabled for me.  (Though I don't get smooth zooming, of course, so stuttering while panning or stuttering while zooming are my choices haha.)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

18 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Can also confirm the microstuttering seems to disappear when advanced features are disabled for me.  (Though I don't get smooth zooming, of course, so stuttering while panning or stuttering while zooming are my choices haha.)

Hi,

in 4.1 you used experimental version or stable version?

Gianluca Balloni

I am getting huge stutters with the latest version.

Shut chaseplane down and all is smooth.

Tried disabling advanced features no change still large stutters verging on pauses.

Darren Howie

There shouldn't be a difference between 4.1 and 4.2 in terms of stuttering with ChasePlane. They booth use the same techniques and there are no differential treatment between both versions. We have not changed those techniques for a while now and it's very strange that it's happening now, out of the blue.

This seems to have stated happening recently for specific users. Let's try to find what's common between you all.

1. Did you get a Windows Update recently?
  2. Do you have an antivirus installed on your system that  would interfere with ChasePlane?
  3. Have you made any minor or major changes to your system in the past few weeks?
  4. What have you tried to solve the issue?
  5. Have you guys tried to remove FSUIPC from your sim and see what happens?
Edited by Keven Menard

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Kevin

I actually havnt used Chaseplane for some weeks or any sim as i have been away on holidays for over a month.

In short after updating to 4.2 FSUIPC caused issues so updated it and updated chaseplane etc.

If i turn off chaseplane i have butter smooth panning using spacebar plus mouse. Turn Chaseplane on it pans but staggers and stops then moves again.

Will try with FSUIPC removed...

Darren Howie

Managed to track down FSUIPC 5.122a which works with 4.2 and Chaseplane is back to being smooth with no stutter issues..

Thanks for the pointer.

Darren Howie

Hi, in my case...

1) Don't have any win update recently.

2) No change in my antivirus configuration and i have only windows defender, and i disabled it.

3) No change in my pc, no drivers update, no other changes. My p3d 4.2 is full reinstall, no update (but have same problems with update from 4.1 to 4.2)

4) Only way for resolve microstutters, disable advanced features in cp experimental version. For info...in 4.1 i don't now if have a microstutters problems because always use no experimental version on 4.1.

5) Try to disable fsuipc 5.123e...but the problems remains.

I don't now because experimental version cause this serious problems with microstutters. One question...When ready a no experimental version for 4.2?

Gianluca Balloni

On 2/26/2018 at 4:19 AM, gianluk81 said:

One question...When ready a no experimental version for 4.2?

When your stutter issue is resolved.

We are researching the issue right now, it's the only thing preventing us from pushing it out to everyone.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I published 0.4.194. It includes an option to revert back to SimConnect for camera movements. Try disabling that and let me know if the camera is smoother.

Preferences > Camera > General > Inject movements direct to memory

• Upvote 1

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I published 0.4.194. It includes an option to revert back to SimConnect for camera movements. Try disabling that and let me know if the camera is smoother.

That might have just fixed it!

Movement is smooth so far, no stutters that I can see even with the PMDG 737.

I will test it out more and report back later.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Seems to have worked for me, too.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Yes...with beta .194 with disabled "Inject movements...ecc. ecc." microstutters disappears at 99%...but for me best smooth experience, expecially during panning in vc, only when disabled "advanced features".

Gianluca Balloni

Unfortunately I must say I spoke too soon. Stutters are still here with the latest 0.4.194. 

I've made a short 2 minute video showing the issue in detail:

I must note I had a CDT on that same flight (it has happened just once before); I don't know if Cinematic Mode caused it. Will keep testing.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

Sorry to say that it didn't work for me.  I sent you a link to my youtube clip through a ticket to show my particular problem.  I get stutters and lags for a couple of seconds when changing views before everything goes perfectly smooth again.  I did a complete format/reinstall win 10 and p3d today, made sure drivers were up to date, and everything's good and fresh as can be.  Problem still there.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

John