Sign in to follow this  
reyduart

Run out of memory

Dear Pals

I installed FlyMaddog 64 version on my WIn10 with i7 and 16 gb RAM, using P3d v4.1 but

when I load it (normally cold and dark) as soon as I start following the procedures I receive a windows message:

you run out of memory and this application will close.

What am I to do?

Thanks in advance

Reynaldo

I can only suggest trying the following:

-I'm not sure the recent build is compatible with v4.1; I think you need v4.2.

-Load a default aircraft first, then the dog.

-Run sim as admin.

-& maybe run sim as admin with any anti-virus software off.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Default or addon scenery?

try a different location to rule out a memory leak due to scenery.

No harm to do a RAM check, just run mdsched.exe in windows.

To be honest i have yet to see any RAM issue being caused by a corrupt RAM stick, but run the test just to rule it out

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Not sure loading default aircraft first and then MD is a very good idea in P3D. This is annols FSX trick. It will for sure cause problems with some other add on aircraft in P3D.

Check if you have your windows page file well configured.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Reynaldo,

many people use their desktop as a place to quickly access movies, pictures and so on and actually save them there. If you are doing so too, please keep in mind that everything that is stored on the desktop is always loaded in the RAM. Use the desktop only for shortcuts or very small programs like PTA or similar. 

Also it may be wise to make sure that the Anti Virus software doesn't start computer checks while you are flying. 16GB is actually plenty enough but if it is used by other things it's not available for P3D anymore.

Edited by Ephedrin
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

I'm not sure the recent build is compatible with v4.1; I think you need v4.2.

Some have had problems running the Maddog with V4.1, and some haven't, but V4.2 is what we recommend.

8 hours ago, Omaniac said:

Not sure loading default aircraft first and then MD is a very good idea in P3D.

Loading a default General Aviation Aircraft is what we recommend for P3D.  This has to do with ensuring all parts of Simconnect are loaded. It's the only what I've ever loaded the aircraft (I use the Mooney and have it set for my default flight.  The standard LM default flight has the F-22, but the F-22 was adopted by LM from IRIS and may not ensure all part of Simconnect are properly loaded.

2 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

many people use their desktop as a place to quickly access movies, pictures and so on and actually save them there. If you are doing so too, please keep in mind that everything that is stored on the desktop is always loaded in the RAM. Use the desktop only for shortcuts or very small programs like PTA or similar. 

Absolutely!  Great post!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Do you actually load the Mooney at the airport/gate you want to fly from, then switch to the MD?

Or is the Mooney set in the P3D opening window and you load MD from there? 

I start P3D with the F22 turning in the preview window and then choose the airport and last the airplane I want to fly with... this is how PMDG and the airbus developer (cant write their name here or Avsim goes crazy) have always adviced and this works fine for me. Just never start p3D with a complex aircraft as default flight. There is actually no need to LOAD the flight with a default airplane first. Some do, but not necessary with P3D. FSX might work better that way, idk.

3 hours ago, Ephedrin said:

many people use their desktop as a place to quickly access movies, pictures and so on and actually save them there. If you are doing so too, please keep in mind that everything that is stored on the desktop is always loaded in the RAM.

No, this is not correct. Icon cache maybe, but certainly not files. Very easy to test, throw a large file on your desktop and view the performance tab. Did the memory usage change? Seeing as many business computers I’ve dealt with only had 4GB ram and knowing how staff love to put things on the desktop to make access easier everyone would have out of memory issues if this were true. On my system with 16GB ram my desktop folder size is 3.96GB. I have also 3 apps running, 79 background processes, 86 widows processes.  The process using  the largest amount of ram is Microsoft Photos 181.4MB. All the services and processes running combined show I’m using 3.6GB ram.  I also put a 3.94GB video on my desktop to show it does not get loaded into ram.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

howevr

54 minutes ago, howevr said:

No, this is not correct. Icon cache maybe, but certainly not files. Very easy to test, throw a large file on your desktop and view the performance tab. Did the memory usage change? Seeing as many business computers I’ve dealt with only had 4GB ram and knowing how staff love to put things on the desktop to make access easier everyone would have out of memory issues if this were true. On my system with 16GB ram my desktop folder size is 3.96GB. I have also 3 apps running, 79 background processes, 86 widows processes.  The process using  the largest amount of ram is Microsoft Photos 181.4MB. All the services and processes running combined show I’m using 3.6GB ram.  I also put a 3.94GB video on my desktop to show it does not get loaded into ram.

Cheers,

Has that changed for win10? If I remember correctly I had massive RAM issues on win7 when I had the movies with 3-4 GB each on the desktop... 

41 minutes ago, Ephedrin said:

Has that changed for win10? If I remember correctly I had massive RAM issues on win7 when I had the movies with 3-4 GB each on the desktop... 

I go back to Win3.1. It's never worked that way. No doubt something else was causing your ram problem at that time. They are just files - not services or processes or programs set to run on boot. Even when you watch that movie you ram usage would hardly budge.

Cheers,

howevr