Sign in to follow this  
yidahoo

Orbx Just Released Meigs for X-Plane

5 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Count me as another one who isn't thrilled about having an installer directly touch the scenery ini file. Especially one that messes with the ordering with a zzz prefix.

The installer should not touch or move your sceneries in any way, it just attempts to detect what other scenery you have so it can put them in the right place for those users who don't understand how to order scenery.

The zzz prefix scenery is a custom mesh to fix the coastline around Meigs, and rather this is a limitation of X-Plane in that it cannot have more than one mesh active far any given 1x1 degree of the Earth's surface. You can remove the zzz mesh file at the expense that the airport will have jaggered edges and floating rocks.

37 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Meigs is just the beginning, there are more coming:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/150659-orbx-and-x-plane-releases-in-2018/

Oh fabulous - great to see UK photoreal is a maybe - and pics of Liverpool too! Photoreal PNW and Netherlands - bliss.

...and Barton looks fabulous too  

Great great news. Meigs is fabulous BTW - and great to read that it is selling well.  

cheers

Peter 

Edited by CaptCWGAllen

58 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

All is good. :)   More choices, is a good thing. Looking forward to seeing what Orbx and others, have up their sleeves. :)

Totally agree its gonna be great.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

Good to see Orbyx coming to X-Plane. I am looking forward to their new releases for XP.

Wow, that 50% sale caught my eye. However, it doesn't apply to 2018 releases (Meigs). I might buy it anyway.

Jim Morgan

I noticed that there is a transparent building:

25829821237_7e961aaa3b_h.jpg

If anybody, after installing this, and I imagine into the future, any further Orbx for XP11 title, AND, you find afterwards that you have lost some scenery, or even have lost such things as overlays, A.I. road traffic, etc, etc...if you experience any sort of graphic or object 'problem'....my advice to you, is simply, that you use Orbx Central to un-install the last product you have installed, and then after Central says that the product (title) is uninstalled on your system, you can re-install. Then go and fly XP11 again, and most likely, whatever your issue is/was, it has been resolved.  I believe that it's one, or some of the files, visible within the Orbx scenery folder, or hidden, (don't know...but supposing)  that might be causing your problems, ESPECIALLY if you are in the habit of moving some of your Scenery.ini entries around, that we all do, for whatever layering or scenery conflict issues.  Just thought to post your most likely and direct solution to your issues.   If you still have issues...after an uninstall and re-install sequence, then un-install once more, fly XPlane, and see if that restores your previous flight execution. If that is the case, you might not be able to run whatever Orbx title you are trying to install, with any or all of your current pre-Orbx installation Custom Scenery installations.  FYI.

I had a serious case of no overlay or A.I. road and traffic output over the entire sim world, not only near Chicago. I thought initially, that it might be because I had installed v20vr6beta, but that was NOT the issue at all.  I un-installed KCGX using Central. I re-installed KCGX using Central, and all of my sim was restored, no matter Chicago, or Florida for that matter.  My obvious take, was that the re-install installed content that I am not aware of, but now, was needed for my XP11, post Orbx, to work as expected. You can decide for yourself, what might have been the cause of that.

If my experience helped you, then a good deal.  Cheers,

I expect that this post does not contravene AVSIM posting rules. That was not my intent, but to inform others to a direct solution to any or all problems that I had encountered. An Orbx un-install and re-install corrected each issue, seen after the original and first installation, and then my moving some files around in my scenery.ini file. Since re-installing, I have not disturbed any listing order of my scenery.ini file. That being, all is good again.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

I noticed that there is a transparent building:

25829821237_7e961aaa3b_h.jpg

I don't have that...but had other problems.  I suggest you use Orbx Central to un-install KCGX, and then re-install. I'll bet you that this will have been corrected.  Give it a try, and let us know!  BTW...a great scenery, huh?  Flying like crazy doing touch and goes between Meigs, Midway, and O'hare in a business jet. The controllers are getting peeved at me...lol!

These issues were exactly what I was talking about. FTX Central for XP is a bad, and totally unnecessary, idea. It is going to cause far more problems than using the regular drop in process, particularly since they’ve named their folders in a way that would get them located in the ini correctly by default without the need to muck around in the ini by either the user or FTXC. 

I get their attachment to their ecosystem, if only for security and copywriter protection; but it’s a bad idea for XP. 

Now, what I really want is for Laminar to release that Challenger for regular versions of XP  I’m itching to fly it!!

Edited by Griphos
  • Like 1