Sign in to follow this  
737_800

Blocking the whole Internet expect online flying

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to close my Internet. I want to block every internet site, so make it impossible to access any online sites. But still want to use the connection to fly online at the VATSIM network. Is that technically possible? It actually has to hasn't it?

Don't know why that is important to know, ah, shucks - Just want to control my internet habit. So there are four options:

1. Get rid of the computer what means to no flying anymore

2. Modify the PC that you can only fly and not surf the net.

3. Cut-off the Internet, fly offline

4. I am sure this will come: Self Control! ->I tried - >wasted still to much time => Radical Solution (However I want to get into the FSL A320 and learn the systems for that I need a pc)

So is that possible?

Is it your own personal computer or a shared family PC and you want to know over safety concerns?

Edit never mind you answered for me :)

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

If you had a firewall that supported web filtering, you could restrict access to only certain sites and/or IP addresses.

I use the freeware version of bitdefender, as long as I know it doesn't provide an option to web filtering. Do tools like KasperSky support these options? Are there freeware alternatives? Even I would spend some money...

What I found out is, that I need a whitlelist and use >>Deny All Permit Exception<<, but I coundn't find out yet how to implement such a system on my pc. Do I need extra software or can I work it out with my router?

Ok I Know this is obvious but if you learn how to do it you also learn how to undo it, and as you mentioned if you have no self control this is just a wasted exercise 

• Like 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

There is no way to use a password that someone else could set for me? Nonetheless, if there is no alternative to solve this, I would give it a chance - psychologically speaking, it might be a difference...How would it work?

You also have to bear in mind that some flight sim product`s will not work without internet access, they will ping back to check your licence and will deactivate with out it. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Could you not remove your browser programs using Control Panel - Add/ Remove Programs?

2 hours ago, ganter said:

Could you not remove your browser programs using Control Panel - Add/ Remove Programs?

This is actually very creative...I was going to suggest using Parental Controls that are probably provided by your ISP.  I will say that all of this is just a bandaid, a habit that starts affecting your life, regardless of what it is, is an addiction that needs treatment.  

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 3/18/2018 at 12:14 AM, 737_800 said:

I am trying to figure out how to close my Internet. I want to block every internet site, so make it impossible to access any online sites. 

Unless you have an acute habit of accessing something on the internet you'd rather not, why on earth would you want to be so draconian?  It doesn't make sense in a modern world.