Sign in to follow this  
windycloud

UT Live crash upon exiting P3D v4.2

To join the discussion, I have unpaid version of FSUIPC, no EZDok, all versions of simconnect installed except foreign language versions. 

The crash doesn't happen every time.  Let's say I just load the default flight and exit, no crash.  But if I fly PMDG or another complex aircraft around JFK it will happen.  I will have to do more test to detect the pattern. 

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

I get this crash every shutdown, regardless of default or payware aircraft. I just see in the F1 product forum that P3Dv4.2 is not officially supported yet, so maybe that is the problem.

David Porrett

There are many products that crash at shutdown because they do not close properly.  I use to get this a lot.  I now use the "Prompt on Exit" feature in P3D and that has stopped all of my crashes.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

On 3/22/2018 at 4:38 PM, windycloud said:

Fault Module Name:    SimConnect.dll
  Fault Module Version:    10.0.61637.0

This is the wrong SimConnect.dll for UTLive for P3D.  This version belongs to FSX with Acceleration installed.  The one you want installed is SimConnect\10.0.61259.0.  That's one of the legacy versions.  I would recommend uninstalling UTL and then reinstalling.  I have done the uninstall/reinstall several times and it is a simple task (I have nothing added on like more AI or more schedules). 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

6 hours ago, DavidP said:

I get this crash every shutdown, regardless of default or payware aircraft. I just see in the F1 product forum that P3Dv4.2 is not officially supported yet, so maybe that is the problem.

Ok I just updated EZDOK to the latest version available and performed lots of flights.. no of UTL crashing upon exiting.

Regards,
S.

Hi,

Managed code SimConnect clients crashing erratically when being shut down was a known problem with the P3D V4.0 libraries. It has been fixed with 4.1, but the clients have to be recompiled with the new libraries too. I am pretty sure that many products stayed with 4.0 though for compatibility reasons (you can't expect every customer to have the latest sim version, so you stick with the SimConnect library version that works for all of them - if possible).

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI