Sign in to follow this  
brianbash

xTreme Tree's East released

Jim Young

Topics like this one would look great on our front page!!  Just click on Contact Us>Submit News and provide the news to the AVSIM and Flight Simulation Community!

Message added by Jim Young

After months of learning and compiling, I am proud to announce the release of the first of 2 volumes that will enhance X-Plane scenery for all simmers! 

Current USGS Treeline data has been handwritten into custom overlays to bring proper representation of treelines and vegetation to another level!

Currently covered states:
- Alabama
- Connecticut
- Washington D.C.
- Delaware
- Florida
- Georgia
- Illinois
- Indiana
- Kentucky
- Maine
- Maryland
- Massachusetts
- Michigan
- Mississippi
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- Ohio
- Pennsylvania
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Tennesee
- Vermont
- Virginia
- West Virginia
- Wisconsin

productphoto1.jpg

productphoto6.jpg&key=5b28cb5fae33640908

Edit: Store link removed

---Brian Bash---
398 HR MEL PPL and climbing!

In the pictures above, the trees appear to be place in what are clearly farm field and on roads.

Looks pretty poor. There are better freeware trees.

Couple things to note:

- These are not replacement tree objects. These use the default forest files.

- All based off of USGS data.

- Really will look best when over ortho scenery. I show over default scenery just for a comparison of coverage.

One is always entitled to an opinion of course. I thoroughly enjoy what it has done for my simulator experience and thought I would share my hard work. Everyone may do as they wish.

democoverage.jpg

592204375.jpg

592082203.jpg

592036406.jpg

productphoto3.jpg

productphoto2.jpg

---Brian Bash---

It looks much better in the shots using Ortho imagery.  I'd use those to show what your mod can do.  

47 minutes ago, Griphos said:

It looks much better in the shots using Ortho imagery.  I'd use those to show what your mod can do.  

Thanks Buddy!

It's all a learning process. 

Say, that's gives me an i-dear. I think it's best if I throw a demo up. It wouldn't hurt, get people a taste of the good-life!

I find Florida is a gigantic improvement, it is barren as the desert with the default scenery.

I also have some other things in the workshop. My initial project was handmade ortho scenery to really have a nice, no obvious transition having mess that is usually found with ortho tiles.

Needless to say, I got a large amount of flack from other's (I'm sure you can put pieces together) stating that I couldn't do so because it was already being done. Fast forward 3 months later once I have the first portion of my treelines finished, I decided to try said ortho scenery...it isn't anything special in my eyes. The tiles are overly image corrected and look pretty cartoonish (Long Island has a dreadful yellow tint on everything...that's what happens when you try to auto "color correct" images in a hasty matter)...here is what my ortho coverage looks like for the NE...keep in mind...the final scenery is quite stunning and is also handmade with only the assistance of MeshTool and my insatiable brain...

Ortho4_US.jpg

Capture9.jpg

Capture13.jpg

Capture12.jpg

You can also notice the nice road coverage...much better than default.

but I digress...

tree demo incoming...

Edited by brianbash
addition

---Brian Bash---

Uploaded demo to AVSIM, no sign of it yet.

Demo is available at the org. Includes fully functioning Florida and Puerto Rico.

663710531.jpg&key=53eeb7b7508836bd43f74a

---Brian Bash---

12 minutes ago, Griphos said:

I'll give it a try!  NIce idea to do a demo.  

Thanks! 

Yeah, I picked Florida because like I said before, it's pretty barren in default. Even if someone decides they don't want the package, they at least can have an area to explore that's vastly improved. I also really enjoy how it brings the wetlands to life.

Alright, back to work on the Western USA...not much longer. A slight bummer with Alaska, it's not very complete with USGS data. They probably said 

"Listen man, it's Alaska, it's got a lot of trees and bears. Let's just survey areas that can be considered populated alright?"

:D Se la vie!

---Brian Bash---

I just did a test flight over the Florida Everglades, good job! It would be really cool if you could get some region-specific vegetation in the add-on! You should partner up with somebody like ORBX.   

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

29 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I just did a test flight over the Florida Everglades, good job! It would be really cool if you could get some region-specific vegetation in the add-on! You should partner up with somebody like ORBX.   

Thank you!

Stage 2 will probably involve something like that down the road...I've spent the better part of 4 months getting this together so I will probably take a short break afterwards. 

I got it! I'll treat myself to a dinner at one of those fancy restaurants like Red Lobster! :laugh:

---Brian Bash---

Or you could do what I do and treat yourself to a 6 pack ! You will be ready for the work the next day ! lol......

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

I find this to be a fantastic addon. I bought the full product and have tried it in SW Ohio, upstate New York, part of Kentucky, and eastern Tennesee, and all I can say is "Oh Wow!!!"  It sure made a big difference. To me it is worth every penny, and then some. I know it has to have taken alot of time and effort to get this level of detail. And it really makes the visual even more immersive. The placing of the trees have been spot on with the ortho scenery I have made so far. Thank you Brian for a wonderful product, and I'm definitely looking forward to the western half of the U.S., and I'll be the first in line to buy it.

• Like 1

So, like pretty much everyone who uses ortho, I have an overlay that includes trees (from ortho4xp, data derived from HDMesh v4).

Are these trees more accurate than that?

And if so - would you keep the typical yOrtho4XP_Overlays layer active, and just place this above it? Would you get double trees this way, or are trees from the lower layers excluded?

Disabling yOrtho4XP_Overlays would not be possible, as that would mean losing the houses etc.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."