Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Pro ATC X update Be careful,

I don't know if this appropriate or not , and if mods feel it is not, feel free to delete. I have used Pro ATC X for a couple of years, and just downloaded their update that was released yesterday. I use P3D version 3.4 and fly the PMDG 737 exclusively. What happens after installing this "update",  is during the flight, usually during the descent portion,  it causes P3D to become unresponsive and lock up. At first you get that spinning windows circle like when a program is going to crash, and then the screen turns white.   This happens when the text box at the top of the screen echos the ATC instructions. I have reinstalled the update, uninstalled  and done a clean install of the entire program , and the same issue occurs over and over again. I have aborted 8 flights in the last two days, and I think in over two years I can't remember even aborting more than 2 flights for any reason. Luckily on my backup drive, I had the previous version of PATC, which still works perfectly, so that is what I will be using from now on. 

Now the reason for me posting this, is , if you are going to do this update, make sure you make a backup copy of your present version, before applying the update.. If you don't, you might find yourself with a program that is unusable and no way to roll it back.  I have a backup drive, so it was easy for me to revert back to the copy that works. If not, I would really be in a difficult situation. Reason I am posting this here, is because I am seeing this in P3D. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, tamsini said:

Hi Bob, wondering if you tried this hotfix:

http://www.pointsoftware.de/proatcxforum/forum/index.php/topic,3155.0.html

Seems to have been posted just today.

Yes I did, didn't affect this issue at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Glad I decided to hold off from updating this. Haven't had a chance to read the change log. Have they added anything for being allocated a visual approach? That's one of the thing's i miss from the default ATC.

P3D & X-Plane 11 - Videos and streaming @ V Special 1

I do not have this problem.

But what I have had in earlier version (years ago) is, that the checklists and too much FO interaction let Pro Atc crash. So, maybe turn off some of these options and try again.

And no, nothing really new was added, also not vectoring. Some little things here and there, but all in all not really big, new things. Frustrating to wait years and years ...

Here is the changelog

- Assigning ATC Background to countries now works as it should.

- In the flight planning window you may now also sort gates by the airline you have selected. 
  This of course only works if the information is available by the scenery. Setting the gate to ‘Auto’
  will let Proatcx assign one of the airline gates randomly. If not available it’ll use any other randomly.

- Approach:  When reaching the route exit point there are different scenarios possible.
  1) Entry to STAR Transition: You’ll be cleared for the Transition and you are told to expect STAR xx with APP xx.
  2) No Transition but a STAR: You’ll be cleared for the STAR and you are told to expect APP xx.
  3) No Transition, no STAR but an Approach: You’ll be cleared for the Approach (via vectors if assigned). 
  4) None of the Above: You’ll be cleared for the runway (via vectors if assigned). 

- Descent/TOD can now be adjusted by changing the descend rates under Aircraft Details

- Added Info on Holding to the Mooving Map Window

- Added the Option 'Advanced Approaches' to Options-->In-Flight (default is false)

- Elevation data reworked. No more issues with maintains.

btw.: be careful at their forums. Do not make jokes or any comment regarding the "support" from the dev. You got a ban instantly without any possibility to discuss or explain how it was meant. A ban means you do not have access to the software any more!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it is time to switch to another atc software ... 6 years beta is really enough

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

19 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I think it is time to switch to another atc software

I tested all, they have all their pros and cons. imho Pro Atc is the best alternative to the default ATC. It's sad, but there's no choice for me. All in all it does a good job if you do not expect too much.

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

Guys,

Thanks for the warning.. I use this ATC software very often, specially when I am not flying online.. lately given my current workload I don't have much time to fly, but I still do it at least once a week and l would hate to experience a crash during approach spoiling my experience.

@guenseli, I agree with you regarding ATC software, I own them all and I have tested all of them, PRO-ATCx is so far the one I like the most but it can certainly be improved, it is sad that it doesn't get updated more often and that the developer is not exploiting it's capacity to the maximum.

You said you don't experience the crash problem, I hope it will not happens to be either! but I will do a backup of the previous version just in case.

All the best,
Simbol

Apart from the initial vanishing menu simconnect problem with P3D v4.2 (I reverted to v4.1) ProATC is working faultlessly, having said that, I don't use the co-pilot or checklists as FS2Crew takes care of the job. Just completed this flight from Dublin (notice the Irish ATC) to Edinburgh with vectors to final.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't know if this appropriate or not , and if mods feel it is not, feel free to delete. I have used Pro ATC X for a couple of years, and just downloaded their update that was released yesterday. I use P3D version 3.4 and fly the PMDG 737 exclusively. What happens after installing this "update",  is during the flight, usually during the descent portion,  it causes P3D to become unresponsive and lock up. At first you get that spinning windows circle like when a program is going to crash, and then the screen turns white.   This happens when the text box at the top of the screen echos the ATC instructions. I have reinstalled the update, uninstalled  and done a clean install of the entire program , and the same issue occurs over and over again. I have aborted 8 flights in the last two days, and I think in over two years I can't remember even aborting more than 2 flights for any reason. Luckily on my backup drive, I had the previous version of PATC, which still works perfectly, so that is what I will be using from now on. 

Now the reason for me posting this, is , if you are going to do this update, make sure you make a backup copy of your present version, before applying the update.. If you don't, you might find yourself with a program that is unusable and no way to roll it back.  I have a backup drive, so it was easy for me to revert back to the copy that works. If not, I would really be in a difficult situation. Reason I am posting this here, is because I am seeing this in P3D. 

Did you post it on their forum? I could not find it. But this means nothing in this forum structure.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Question.

How do you get rid of checklists. So you can get clearance without going through a checklist first to get a reply?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

24 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

How do you get rid of checklists. So you can get clearance without going through a checklist first to get a reply?

"Data -> Aircraft -> Edit (selected Aircraft)" and Select "None" in the Checklist selector.

Just read this morning on the forum, that this morning they have posted a link to version 1.9.1.9 which is the one I am using now that works. So if you dowloaded the latest, and are having problems, which it seems some are, you can install 1.9.1.9 right over the top of 1.9.2.2 and correct the problems. 

It is located on the forum, Pro ATC announcements, /download new version 1.9.2.2  /V1.9,1.9 Update Only TEMP Fix

Edited by Bobsk8

1 hour ago, Nemo said:

Did you post it on their forum? I could not find it. But this means nothing in this forum structure.

Several times. They placed under setup issues/configuration issues

2 hours ago, doublem said:

"Data -> Aircraft -> Edit (selected Aircraft)" and Select "None" in the Checklist selector.

Thanks I will pass that on.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip