fofs

extra immersion needed what to consider ?

Looking for extra immersion in hardware. Is there any product that members use & recommend ?   Ideally looking for force feedback type products / under seat speaker vibration etc

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

VR :cool: .  Its the best thing to happen to flight simulation since the virtual cockpit.  

• Like 1

Yes ! thanks for the reply,  I was thinking of more force feedback type of thing like a base kicker type of product that sits under your seat.

I found this website  Gametrix Turbo Jet seat  Has anyone tried one of these out ?  does anyone know if there is anything else that's similar on the market available ?

Looks like they have sold out for the time being.

https://www.gametrix.eu/products/gametrix-kw-908-jetseat-turbojet

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

VR :cool: .  Its the best thing to happen to flight simulation since the virtual cockpit.  

Depends what type of flying you do.  It's not yet optimal for airline flying where there is huge dependency on digital readouts and interaction with systems.    VFR - different story.

Sound transducers are fun (Buttkickers) but I have had two and both amps blew within a few months.

Edited by ErichB

Oh ! well that ain't good on the butt kicker idea ! 

This Forcefeel seat looks promising.  Looks like they are going ahead with production, so I'm thinking of investing in one.   Does anyone here know when they plan to have them ready for delivery ? 

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.  All the aircraft I have flown IRL with the exception of an Ercoupe and Cessna had sticks instead of yokes.  Although the 3D Pro is not Force Feedback, it has the perfect feel of a stick on a real aircraft and centers nicely with a built in, albeit slight null zone.  I can pull off great landings with it and it lets me keep a light touch on the aircraft I fly.

John

I second VR. There nothing that comes close, really. I fly IFR and airliners almost 100% of the time and have no issues at all reading the displays. The interaction is significantly improved in XP11, where you are able to use your hands to interact with the switches and knobs, though.

• Like 1

I find that good sound packages certainly contribute a lot to immersion and I can recommend the Buttkicker as a great way to enhance those sounds particularly if you do a lot of flying in pistons or turboprops.

Bill

• Like 1

Isn't VR a little restricting for long periods of time ?  I can understand the immediate thrill factor, but its still a thing strap to your face ! & what about reaching for that cup of tea cabin crew bring you, don't you have to take it off ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fofs said:

Isn't VR a little restricting for long periods of time ?  I can understand the immediate thrill factor, but its still a thing strap to your face ! & what about reaching for that cup of tea cabin crew bring you, don't you have to take it off ?

If I asked my cabin crew to bring me a cup of tea while on my sim she would throw it at me!
Bill

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, fofs said:

You don`t need to use it for extended periods of time if you don`t want to. It is possible to turn VR on and off at any given time. On longer flights, I use VR mostly for take-off/climb and approach/landing.

Regarding tea, not sure about it but I have no problem with wine or beer.

Edited by GCBraun
  • Like 1

Ha ! There should be at least 8 hours between drinking & flying ! I take it helps your flying experience