Riah069

Perplexing Problem

Recommended Posts

So this is my system specs.

Win10 Pro 32GB ram MSI 1080 Prepar3d V4.2

So today i booted up P3D had a fly and quit the game.

About 2 hrs later my friend upgraded his Video card exact model as i have and i asked him if i could use it for SLi.

So i put the card in tried a few benchmarks on other games then i tried P3d.

The sim refuses to load. It starts up chase plane begins. The i get a notification chaseplane has disconnected. P3d just refuses to start.

I have deleted moved the p3d.cfg to no avail.

Why is this happening? Whats the cause?

 

Regards

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

16 minutes ago, Riah069 said:

So this is my system specs.

Win10 Pro 32GB ram MSI 1080 Prepar3d V4.2

So today i booted up P3D had a fly and quit the game.

About 2 hrs later my friend upgraded his Video card exact model as i have and i asked him if i could use it for SLi.

So i put the card in tried a few benchmarks on other games then i tried P3d.

The sim refuses to load. It starts up chase plane begins. The i get a notification chaseplane has disconnected. P3d just refuses to start.

I have deleted moved the p3d.cfg to no avail.

Why is this happening? Whats the cause?

 

Regards

Mike

Video drivers? have you update those? it might be required with the new card you add.

Also thinking about it what cards are you for SLI? are they the same model?

S.

Share this post


Link to post

Both cards are exactly the same.

And i reinstalled the video drivers. Latest Drivers.

Share this post


Link to post

Did you delete your shaders along with your prepar3d.cfg?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Did you delete your shaders along with your prepar3d.cfg?

fixes everything that deleting those shaders.

This is my new rig below i get a solid 67 frames with all the sliders on max, flying into EGLL with the FSL and all ORBX products on and thats with an affinty mask of 34.5  

spec-microdrive-800.jpg?resize=834,346

 

Relax.. its a joke

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tooting said:

fixes everything that deleting those shaders.

This is my new rig below i get a solid 67 frames with all the sliders on max, flying into EGLL with the FSL and all ORBX products on and thats with an affinty mask of 34.5  

spec-microdrive-800.jpg?resize=834,346

 

Relax.. its a joke

lol

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Riah069 said:

No i didn't do that. :(

Mike,

Let me know if you still have problems after that but I am as puzzled as you to be honest, if both cards are the same and the drivers are up to date things should work.

The only suggestion I have is to check if the cards are correctly inside their sockets (somethings they are fully inside) and that the SLI connection is also properly installed.

Regards,

S.

Share this post


Link to post

And did you configure the Nvidia Control Panel to enable SLI, etc? And you did use the correct SLI connector between cards?

 

Vic

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, tooting said:

fixes everything that deleting those shaders.

Relax.. its a joke

I started simflight with this one in 1982...I still have it and... it still works! Spectrum 48Ko + Microdrives...

Regards,

Apologies @Riah069 for the off topics

Edited by DrumsArt

Share this post


Link to post

I found the issue.

It was my nahimic audio drivers. I turned it off let P3D start exited then started Nahimic again and all is well.

I was having the same issue with IL2 Sturmovic too.

 

Regards

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now