Eagles Fly High

737NGX crashes after loading sceneario

Hello guys,

I have this problem  when I load a sceneario of a mid-flight 737ngx flight. Usually when you start the sceneario, the plane "initializes" itself for about 20 seconds. When I load the mid-flight  sceneario, the plane is still in the initialization phase, so the autopilot won't work. This reults in the plane flying straight down and eventually crashing. Can anyone help me with this who had a similar situation before?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you using fsuipc autosave or P3D's save flight feature?  I have never used it before but do know many members get crashes when saving flights, especially the ones in mid-flight.  A lot of members do use it though successfully so you should get some good suggestions.

I don't think using a saved flight with the NGX is a good idea. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Young said:

A lot of members do use it though successfully so you should get some good suggestions.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

See?  I told you!  Some would have some good suggestions! :biggrin:

Posted (edited)

Make sure you paused the flight before saving.

Load the saved flight.

Before un-pausing press slew (Y).

Un-pause to allow the countdown to complete initialisation.

Undo Slew and continue the flight.

FSUIPC and others simply invoke the Save flight command and just like using the menu cause P3D to make the save.

Differences in saves might come from autosaves calling the new file a different name to your flight - this is incorrect as it's possible to lose the plan associated with the flight.

Edited by SteveW
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why? IMO this is a very important feature. PMDG gave us always this possibility for good reason.Though, I admit that there are some problems sometimes with this feature since P3Dv4.

• Like 1

I haven't had time to test your suggestions, but thank you very much in advance!