Sign in to follow this  
snowyuk

Steering The NGX - Problem On The Ground

Hi all, I am using some ch pro pedals within the p3d v4.1 sim. I also have SPAD NX which I use to calibrate all my controls and Saitek panels. FSUIPC is also running (paid version). I have the (enable controllers) in the p3d options unchecked. the problem is that when I steer the aircraft left or right by pushing the pedals, the wheel turns but then straightens up again as soon as my foot stops moving, so if I push the pedals full left, and then hold my position, the wheel straightens up until I waggle my foot a bit which makes it turn again until I stop moving and it straightens up again. its not holding a value for some reason. looks like I am practicing riverdance when I need to make a sharp turn.

any ideas please. Thanks for looking.

Hello,

Do you have the autorudder setting unchecked in the P3D settings?

Also, be informed that PMDG requires anyone to sign all their post with full names in their forums (cf. forum rules).

Edited by Budbud

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

I have to admit I can't steer the thing with pedals on the ground. I use a second joystick to operate the nose wheel steering as I'm used to doing that for real and the pedals only give a very limited steering effect of 7' or so.

It is not SIM related I suspect, more your hardware and interface software.

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

I use CH pedals to steer the NGX on the ground, and have no problems. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

I had a real similar problem with the tdfi b717 but it was with the ailerons and elevators.   They would always snap back to the centered position unless I “pumped” the yoke.  Turned out to be an issue with my FSUIPC (paid).  I made a new control configuration - airplane specific profile and it eliminated the issue

i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz, ASUS Z170-PRO GAMING, 32GB DDR4 2666MHz, 750W EVGA SuperNOVA, 512GB Samsung 960 PRO, 1TB Western Digital - Black Edition
RTX 2080Ti (MSI trio), Corsair H115i - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler

p3D controllers MUST be enabled in the options but you need to delete the assignments of the rudders for ALL found axes. (P3D assigns main axes automatically to all found controllers, even to virtual axes like gaming mouses and other game controllers. Be pedantic!!) 

I suppose this to fix your issue. 

Edited by Ephedrin

MOD NOTE:

Thread title modified to set normal case. Please do not use all caps, as IT COMES ACROSS LIKE YOU'RE YELLING, and it's difficult to read.

Kyle Rodgers