Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

Three Months Silence... PMDG, what's going on?

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Think back to how many times you've seen a bunch of early untextured model images from a random sim startup. Why show a project show early in the design process? They're excited about the work they've done so far.

I can never understand the way some people get excited about such things in forum posts. It's such a long way from the finished product. I'm glad PMDG don't indulge in this.

If news gets posted with some vague idea of the way forward, and that doesn't end up happening, there's a reason for it. Some of those reasons are simply business decisions that you won't have visibility into. Once we've gotten to another point where we can share something, we will, like we did when we figured out how to capitalize on the P3D rain effects (and no, it hasn't just been that function we've been working on since we showed you the earlier images - we've kept rolling into other tasks and projects).

Absolutely understood, but the way the January preview was written it seemed that there was certainly more to follow soon. If that probability had not been mentioned that there would be no expectation.

As far as announcements go, though, this thread shows why it's so difficult. Just look at the responses. The OP is asking why we haven't updated people. Some of the others are saying hold off. So, it isn't a matter of right or wrong. Unless the two groups want to come to a consensus, our choice is: irritate one group, or irritate the other group.

One of those options, however, does require a lot less effort.

I don't see a conflict in this thread. Some are asking what happened to the promised previews, others are saying be patient. They aren't saying they don't want previews. In the end it's about managing expectations. It's a question of timing more than anything else.

ki9cAAb.jpg

4 hours ago, jason99vmi said:

and never understand those who choose to post and pick at every little thing until release

I think it is that inane little bit of human nature that wants to try and show how much one knows under the guise of "I'm only trying to help the product..."

David Porrett

Good things come to those who wait...at least, that’s what I keep telling myself:laugh:

As every long term PMDG customer knows, silence is Golden in these parts. Means they are BUSY and busy means more sweet content. We got the 747-8, NGX V3 (MAX), EFB, and platform updates for all products in the works with ongoing preparations for the flight sim expo where the secret project will be unveiled. If I were you, I would start saving up.

OH and I almost forgot, PMDG Rainworks is in the pipeline too, coming with the 747-8

Edited by captainsazzman
  • Upvote 1

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

4 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

Good things come to those who wait...

No they dont...

• Like 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, Boomer said:

No they dont...

haha - you sound like me...

Kyle Rodgers

7 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I might die tomorrow, never having basked in my PMDG dash 8 Queen...it can' come soon enough...lemme know if you need more beta testers, brother Kyle.

spacer.png

Everyone knows it's the Woodpigeon IV 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

lemme know if you need more beta testers, brother Kyle.

I’d imagine if they did, you’d already be on the team :biggrin:

3 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Chris & Kyle,

Oh too funny.  I thought the EXACT same thing when I read it last night, but I decided to be "nice" and not point it out.  :ph34r:

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

40 minutes ago, rsrandazzo said:

I thought the EXACT same thing when I read it last night, but I decided to be "nice" and not point it out

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::biggrin:

1 hour ago, rsrandazzo said:

Chris & Kyle,

Oh too funny.  I thought the EXACT same thing when I read it last night, but I decided to be "nice" and not point it out.  :ph34r:

Aye...cheers, brother Robert.

spacer.png