Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

19 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

That's quite the generlization! That's your opinion.

Personally, I have always used PMDG/FSLabs/Aerosoft etc., tubelineres without huge issues. Of course, it's hard on the system.

Nowhere is it stated, that the two is mutually exclusive.

It is , but glad for you that your experience is good . But ORBX Regions was not developed with highly complex study sim planes in mind as per their recommendations and manuals

Thanks

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

23 hours ago, GSalden said:

Ja , I am Dutch..

The AG is a mix from 3 freeware AG sets which I mixed with AG Merger. With that program I have choosen the best trees spots and buildings spots per set and combined/mixed them together.

can you share your results? Or via pm or something? Because the 777 outa eham is..intens when the weather is bad

Victor Roos

9 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

It is , but glad for you that your experience is good . But ORBX Regions was not developed with highly complex study sim planes in mind as per their recommendations and manuals

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael I don't think your  opinion is a widely held truth.  Truth is that the Orbx Regions look as good from flight levels as at 3000 feet in a Thudpucker.  I was born on the Mojave Desert and their SoCal region finally brought that area to life with much to see and admire for an old desert rat.... and no performance penalty.

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, Victoroos said:

can you share your results? Or via pm or something? Because the 777 outa eham is..intens when the weather is bad

Will check it tomorrow and post a WeTransfer link If the mods agree . This was originally for use with non AG photo real scenery like Mega Scenery Earth.

Edited by GSalden
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, downscc said:

Michael I don't think your  opinion is a widely held truth.  Truth is that the Orbx Regions look as good from flight levels as at 3000 feet in a Thudpucker.  I was born on the Mojave Desert and their SoCal region finally brought that area to life with much to see and admire for an old desert rat.... and no performance penalty.

Hi friends,

think you all got this wrong . My intentions was only to discuss the majority and work by the ORBX Team vs high level study sim like the PMDG. Dont overthink this.

Compromises to the ORBX/FTX Regions has to be made if you want to use the PMDG. You cannot choose to compromise PMDG in this matter.

ORBX stated there Region scenery was not developed and intended to be used with studysim airplanes  BUT offcause if you mashine can run it there you go 😍

thats it

Thanks

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

On 5/1/2018 at 7:27 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

I think if more people experimented with their settings, they'd be able to find a good compromise they can live with ...

So true. Sometime recently I even noticed that I could max out most of my scenery settings (including autogen) without a single FPS hit. Things dependent on video card are definitely the weak point of my rig, since I run 4k, and AA is one of them. I learned that I can't get past 4x MSAA as a one setting fits all situations. Some cloudy conditions come to a massive hit to the frame rate, but I still couldn't notice whether or not cloud resolution/compression makes a difference. Currently I have them at 2048 (and sim at 4096).

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

Will check it tomorrow and post a WeTransfer link If the mods agree . This was originally for use with non AG photo real scenery like Mega Scenery Earth.

Perfect! Dank je wel! 😉

Victor Roos