Sign in to follow this  
cleonpack93

ORBX EU Netherlands TrueEarth released

3 hours ago, J van E said:

Hm, I am currently doing a flight along the North Sea coast but there performance really struggles, even with my lowered settings.

Just did a test and I'm getting about 35-55fps in the same areas (with AG buildings at dense and vegetation very dense). Did you want to post up your settings and specs?

33 minutes ago, DylanM said:

Fantastic shots Gerard. What are your cloud textures?

Hi Dylan,

This is ASCA Full Dynamics .

Could you try flying over The Hague , coming flying over the sea, towards Delft - Rotterdam ?  That is the stutter part. At this moment I am trying the same , but now with MSE Netherlands as phot real underground.

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

This add-on is definitely a pixel pusher ... I pushed my CPU and GPU to the melting point ... 4K + Dynamic Lights + Weather + SSAA + 4K + all sliders to the right ... to be honest I surprised it ran as well as it did ... the Autogen density is beyond that of SoCal - mind boggling.  I did dial TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP back to 9 rather than 10.

Here is a video I did with some performance data, upper left displays my hardware working overtime ... GPU hitting 99% frequently and my poor CPU running at 80C even the BUS was hitting over 50% in some areas.

Was getting some low FPS around Amsterdam.  Graphics settings are in the video including the Orbx configuration panel settings for Netherlands (5:50 min and 18:22 min).

Visually stunning even with lower FPS.

Cheers, Rob.

18 hours ago, DylanM said:

Just did a test and I'm getting about 35-55fps in the same areas (with AG buildings at dense and vegetation very dense). Did you want to post up your settings and specs?

I uninstalled TrueEarth already so no need for help on the settings. 😉 Not that I don't like the addon but it simply is too heavy for my i7 4790K@4.5/GTX1080 PC and P3D and I don't like to run it with a lot of settings turned down. I will buy the version for Aerofly FS 2 the second it has been released though! 

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, J van E said:

I uninstalled TrueEarth already so no need for help on the settings. 😉 Not that I don't like the addon but it simply is too heavy for my i7 4790K@4.5/GTX1080 PC

I think i'll give it a miss myself,  unfortunately.  I have the same system as you - will wait until I upgrade.

On 4/29/2018 at 2:19 AM, Rob Ainscough said:

+ season (4 of them)  

Cheers, Rob.

One can dream but the costs are just astronomical for that kind of coverage. 

And you'd need terrabytes of terrabytes worth of storage space available.

Rob what app are you using to display your performance data?

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

If true earth/photogen scenery is the future, unfortunately I don't think P3D in its current format is the simulator for it. Until its properly multi-core optimized or we can overclocks our CPUs to 8ghz its just cant cope with all the added detail to make it an enjoyable experience

3 minutes ago, Litmoose said:

If true earth/photogen scenery is the future, unfortunately I don't think P3D in its current format is the simulator for it. Until its properly multi-core optimized or we can overclocks our CPUs to 8ghz its just cant cope with all the added detail to make it an enjoyable experience

I disagree, I dont have a monster system like @Rob Ainscough but I get decent performance with it.  I run at 4k with only a 980Ti and with dynamic lights and reflections turned off I can achieve 30fps 99.9% of the time (with every scenery option active).  

P3D4 IS much more multi-core aware now.  I have run it on a 2500K, a 7700K and now an 8700K.   The recommendation from @SteveW is that P3D4 can leverage 5/6 cores and my personal experience with the 8700K is that is true.

I do overclock to 5Ghz so that helps, but the point is that this scenery does not need future hardware that doesnt yet exist to run OK.  For some people with older systems it might be a stretch, but that's an excuse/opportunity to upgrade :)

I'd be interested in Rob's opinion regarding P3Ds handling of PR and blurries with this native P3D4 photoreal scenery, given the concerns about sharpness of PR v LC textures that I knkw he's discussed with LM? Rob?

• Like 2

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Compared to other addons when using a second and third view the framerate really drops significant.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, J van E said:

I uninstalled TrueEarth already so no need for help on the settings. 😉 Not that I don't like the addon but it simply is too heavy for my i7 4790K@4.5/GTX1080 PC and P3D and I don't like to run it with a lot of settings turned down. I will buy the version for Aerofly FS 2 the second it has been released though! 

I also have 4790K, but if TrueEarth performance really drops, I may wait a bit until it has been optimized. I have no FPS problems with HD textures from Ortho4XP and lots of autogen. Even in crowed aera (e.g. London) fps are > 30 fps.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

32 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

I also have 4790K, but if TrueEarth performance really drops, I may wait a bit until it has been optimized. I have no FPS problems with HD textures from Ortho4XP and lots of autogen. Even in crowed aera (e.g. London) fps are > 30 fps.

Interesting to know. I have about 30% of the globe in photo-scenery using Ortho4XP (XP11), lots of custom auto-gen and no FPS problems whatsoever.

I believe the issue here might be related to the rendering techniques of P3D. Not sure if there is much ORBX can do here.

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

I also uninstalled TrueEarth. Back to MSE Netherlands... A simple photo scenery.

Nico

3 hours ago, Litmoose said:

I agree...I admit that the developers did an excellent job... Kudos to them...but skipped for me.

If Orbx makes other regions with TrueEarth, I just hope that Orbx will continue to make also regions/countries like before the TrueEarth "concept".

Regards,

• Like 1

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

5 hours ago, reecemj said:

Rob what app are you using to display your performance data?

EVGA Precision X OC here: https://www.evga.com/precisionxoc/

2 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I have about 30% of the globe in photo-scenery using Ortho4XP (XP11), lots of custom auto-gen and no FPS problems whatsoever.

I believe the issue here might be related to the rendering techniques of P3D. Not sure if there is much ORBX can do here.

I'd be happy to show you XP11 running at 7-8 FPS (with less multi-core usage) with about 60% less AG in the same area with Ortho4XP and all XP11 setting maxed out with AI traffice and weather (same as I  have it in my P3D sample video)?  But I was hoping (foolishly) this thread wouldn't turn into a X vs Y debate and I'm certainly not going to jump to the conclusion XP11 has an issue with it's rendering techniques.

5 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I'd be interested in Rob's opinion regarding P3Ds handling of PR and blurries with this native P3D4 photoreal scenery, given the concerns about sharpness of PR v LC textures that I knkw he's discussed with LM? Rob?

You know I can't say what is "in the works" but yes PR is a weakness in P3D, hopefully that changes.  PR is a weakness in all the platforms, just more so in P3D.

5 hours ago, Farlis said:

And you'd need terrabytes of terrabytes worth of storage space available.

I think you mean Petabytes.  Terrabytes would NOT be sufficient ... and that's exactly why it will be a long time before PR with seasons at any level of high quality will become available to the PC market.  We make the best out of what is viable today, single snapshot in time at relatively low resolution.

But before we declare "end of the world" because a flight simulator will not look like GTA V or FC5 any time soon, there's always room to improve and grow and leverage faster hardware.  As I've said a few thousands times before, if one can't compromise their simulator (fly with a blind eye), then one's road forward in this type of market is going to be difficult to accept.

I have no problem finding what works to my FPS and making the necessary compromise and still be able to enjoy the experience ... it's not because I set the bar low, it's because I understand the limitations of hardware.

Cheers, Rob.