Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Ultimate Traffic 2

Is Ultimate Traffic 2 compatible with PREPARED v4 and FSX SE? If not is there a traffic program that is?

13 minutes ago, jetsmell said:

Is Ultimate Traffic 2 compatible with PREPARED v4 and FSX SE? If not is there a traffic program that is?

No, UT2 is not compatible with P3D v4. But the follow-up program UT Live is. (Caveat - the program was promised to be updated by the developer, but he has gone very, very quiet).

There is a new program, Traffic Global, just released by Just Flight as an early access (read: open beta). You can read about it here: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/536287-just-flight-traffic-global-early-access-available/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

I have UT2 and it works just fine with my P3Dv4.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/485133-ultimate-traffic-2-prepar3d-v3-v4/

Apologies, I had heard of issues with installing the program and problems with some models not being consistent with the v4 SDK, so thought it was incompatible.

MyTraffic 6.0 is another option, but requires a manual install.

I gave up on UT Live and now use PSXseeconTraffic (with BVAI models), which is a live traffic program.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/504208-flying-with-live-traffic/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Have you considered creating your own ai setup

Most models have been updated and lots of plans are available and are more up to date 

Although its a little time consuming it can be worthwhile

Pete Little

I have UT2 running perfectly in P3dv4 as well. The setup is a bit more complicated (certain files must be tweaked/edited) but there are good walk-throughs here on Avsim. I've been keeping an eye on UTL and the forthcoming Traffic Global, but to be honest I'm having trouble justifying either now that UT2 isn't giving me any reason to upgrade in the way of problems**

A couple notes- the majority of AI in the UT2 install were either created for FSX or recompiled versions of earlier FS9 models. I have not yet run into any that cause a P3dv4 crash due to outdated mdl formats. There are some (747's and widebody Boeing and Airbus twins) that only have single engine variants modeled, but as a jumping off point the base install is fine. 

For P3dv4, like others, I have been installing more current native P3d models and paints to replace the defaults. There are now P3dv4 SDK compliant mdl's of just about every Boeing and Airbus model out there that enhance the experience greatly in terms of FPS, lua scripts for lighting, etc.

** after literally a couple years I finally figured out how to defeat the Power Pack's issues with compiling user-created AI flight schedules (using AIFP tools to check/repair flightplan.txt files is critical). With that add-on it's fairly easy to update carrier schedules and fleet assignments past the most recent UT2 schedule updates. 

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

I've been using UT Live for about 11 months and apart from some crashes early on (that version has since been updated) it has been trouble free for me for more than 6 months since I last set it up.

For the most part, I'm happy to buy into an 'early access' if the whole thing is transparent but the downside is there is rarely a time limit on this. To be fair, UT Live is more than acceptable in it's current state, the only functions yet to come are updated liveries and the power pack to help install them. There are some forum members who have provided the tools to do this until the power pack arrives.

Being a UT2 customer you are eligible to a 33% discount on UTL so that might be worth considering.

• Like 1

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

" Have you considered creating your own ai setup "  I'm not good at all with files, so I won't go there. Before I purchased UT2 I had Traffic 360. Any opinions about Traffic 360?

Creating your own ai is quite easy.If I can do it anyone probably can.

A lot of it is copy and paste and the ability to count!!😀

A large amount is done for you but i find it quite addictive adding new plans

Which can be time consuming

Pete Little

Anyone have a sudden issue with UT2 starting after moving to v4.5? I did the full migration and UT works in the sim under Addons, but the actual UT2 program won't launch now....?  Gets through the loading screen and just vanishes.

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

19 hours ago, sddjd said:

Anyone have a sudden issue with UT2 starting after moving to v4.5? I did the full migration and UT works in the sim under Addons, but the actual UT2 program won't launch now....?  Gets through the loading screen and just vanishes.

Everything is alright for me, nothing has changed

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

20 hours ago, sddjd said:

Same here. Can't remember any issue after upgrade to 4.5. I suggest - if not done so - searching in http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=14&title=product-support-for-utlive-licensed-users

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

Just as likely it’s coincidental with my update. Been to their forums, but it’s hard enough getting support for their current products let alone UTII. That place is a ghost town 😎

Dan Dominik                                                                           

That's not my dog."

6 hours ago, sddjd said:

Just as likely it’s coincidental with my update. Been to their forums, but it’s hard enough getting support for their current products let alone UTII. That place is a ghost town 😎

They are developing an update to it, apparently to make it up to date.  We'll it is nearly 4  years old.

They are also actually going to finish powerpack too.. Some 4 years or so late. 

Now  If you  believe that twiddle, youll believe Miss Taylor Swift jumped out of my bed this morning to make me a hearty breakfast and then gave me a glorious back rub before I headed off to work. 

Pete Prediction:  you won't see any update to ut2 for at least another year.  Let down again for a 3rd time

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

9 hours ago, sddjd said:

That place is a ghost town

As you want. At least, you'll find an UT2 community users right there. I wasn't expected support from the dev. We all know where the situation is. I see post 4 hours, 9 hours 11 hours and 14 hours ago... Page 5 is from June 2019. Seems to be alive for me.

Edited by vbazillio

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio