Sign in to follow this  
WingZ

Trade Wars: Round One to Boeing

This is more like Round 2 since Boeing lost in it's effort to prevent Bombardier from selling its new CS regional jets  (now Airbus branded) in the US.

In situations like this.....no one wins except for the lawyers, only the lawyers win.

• Like 2

Matthew Kane

1 hour ago, WingZ said:

I'm picking the final score will be a draw at 2-all.

sorry.. that's the score just before kickoff.

for now, cheers

john martin

I cannot even guess who might win those trade wars.  I have always leaned towards preferring Boeing aircraft when I fly commercial, especially their 767 (have not flown their 787 yet).  My last flight, last year, was on a 747-400, a round-trip from Phoenix to London Heathrow and back on British Airways.  I have flown in the Airbus A320 and in the Airbus A300, they seemed like nice flights.  A coach seat is a coach seat after all, and all my first class or business class flights were flown on Boeing jets.  I've also flown in the Saab, the Dash, the Embraer, the Beech prop, and the Metroliner, and a BAC111, and various other sundry commercial aircraft.

I know I should have been a lawyer, thought about law school early on in my career, they rake in huge amounts of cash.  But I decided instead to work in the customer service technology sector, and ended up having to learn law anyway in order to help develop computer programs for the service and insurance industry.  When you look at cases as big as Boeing vs. Airbus, one can't imagine the hours of litigation put in by the probably half dozen law firms involved in fighting their cases.  I have only spoken in a courtroom once, as a juror, and I was nervous as heck and thankfully the case settled out of court, I was told once jurors are seated nine times out of ten the defendants get scared witless and cop a plea.  The big cases like Boeing vs. Airbus--they can drag on for decades.

John

Kind of off topic but they usually plea to something because the prosecutors will charge them with more than they can ever get a guilty conviction on and then start coming at them prior to the trial and even up to day 1 with lesser and lesser charges if they plea.  If you are looking at 15 years if you are found guilty or 1 year if you plea, a lot of people take the plea just to avoid the 'what if'.  It's been that way for years.  

1 hour ago, Cactus521 said:

I cannot even guess who might win those trade wars.... 

...I know I should have been a lawyer...

I'm not sure there are winners... the countries engaged certainly are the long term losers.

History shows countries prosper when trade barriers and regulations are kept to a bare minimum.

I'm not a lawyer, but if I could do it over, I'd be a plumber. Or an electrician. Both guaranteed against AI takeover 🙂

5 hours ago, WingZ said:

I'm not sure there are winners... the countries engaged certainly are the long term losers.

History shows countries prosper when trade barriers and regulations are kept to a bare minimum.

I'm not a lawyer, but if I could do it over, I'd be a plumber. Or an electrician. Both guaranteed against AI takeover 🙂

AI Takeover:  Don't be so sure, they would find a way.  One reason I hate the movie AI with a passion, the robots can live forever, with solid state circuitry, my Trig teacher Russell Wright way back when proved it to me when he slammed a pocket calculator against our college room wall.  He picked it up and it worked!  Lesson learned  Some years later that professor and I rode together on an Airporter Bus, Evans Airport Service in Napa to SFO, we happened to be together that day--serendipity you know.  He is still alive and kicking, 99 years old.  I used his trig teachings on my free program Landclass Assistant here at Avsim.

I was flying to Wash DC and he was flying to London, both of us on TWA.

And if you look at the human body today, we will probably, any day now, have devices that allow the paralyzed to walk, if you got the money, a throwback to Avatar......

John