Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Wonderful airplane..

4 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

You guys are going to make me break my rule about Carenado/Alabeo purchases. Everyone seems to really like this release. The 421 is a beautiful machine for sure. Bert sure seems to like it.

I was thinking the same thing ....

David Porrett

42 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Next best thing to having a Piston Duke with a GTN 750 in the panel..

Arrrgghhh!  You're gonna make me break my promise not to spend any more money on Carabeo...

(It does look very nice!  And early reports are generally positive. And everybody seems to like the way it flies.  And there's that years long nostalgia factor.  And...)

Greg

Finally home and credit card is out! Can't wait to fire it up!

• Like 1

This must be a winner! Bert hasn't posted a fix yet in over 8 hours! ;) Grabbing this one over the weekend. I've been waiting for this one for a looooong time. I worked for a Cessna dealer 44 years ago and remember these coming to us brand new. Beautiful planes.

Don

2 hours ago, Donmo said:

This must be a winner! Bert hasn't posted a fix yet in over 8 hours! 😉

I have submitted my autopilot fixes to Carenado.. if they do not include them in the update, I'll make them available separately.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

8 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have submitted my autopilot fixes to Carenado.. if they do not include them in the update, I'll make them available separately.

I have never asked... but... what exactly the difference between, or relationship between Carenado and Alabeo?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

59 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I have never asked... but... what exactly the difference between, or relationship between Carenado and Alabeo?

They are basically the same company.

Bert

4 hours ago, fppilot said:

They are the same.
Alabeo is the 'low-cost' variant, like Easy Jet 😄

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I am also pretty happy with this release. I think the sounds are one of the best parts of the package, but I may try to mix those to simulate an ANR headset.

I had a great flight from KXNA to KCLT at FL250 through some weather, and I think the stormscope works fairly well, and she handled the altitude well.

It's a gorgeous model, but I would definitely like to see a full size weather radar mounted in that big blank spot on the panel, and a GTN 750 on top of hat.

Hats off to Alabeo. This is my first purchase from them.

Looking forward to some repaints. Maybe Ron Atwood will like this model too. (fingers crossed)

Edited by rightseat

On 5/31/2018 at 4:33 PM, Bert Pieke said:

No, Frank, the cockpit layout is quite nice and functional.

The pitch wheel is down on the console, but I have relocated the AP popup clickspot so it is more convenient, so I have the choice of looking down, or popping it up, if I need to..

Share the relocate line please.   (jumped the gun...sorry I now see you addressed this

Edited by mikebxb

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Anyone have the Carenado C421C & the Alabeo C441, & have some thoughts on their relative flight sim performance? (Appearance, FDE etc)

T45