PATCO LCH

Can no longer get AVSIM on Android

Recommended Posts

Last week every time I hit my AVSIM book mark on my Android tablet using Chrome I get a white page "This site can't be reached. Below I see a ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY. This only happens on the Android. I get AVSIM fine on my PC, phone or the wife's iPad. I've tried everything from emptying browsing cache to rebooting my WiFi and changing site settings. Best I understand this has something to do with encryption at the site. Over my head in that kind of stuff. Don't know what else to do. All the other web page book marks are OK. Seems it's just AVSIM I have this issue.

Open to any help-advice. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I have the problem with YAHOO as well on this device. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm using whatever idiotic web system that came with my Android tablet and it still works fine for most needs on the AVSIM site.  Maybe time for a Google search.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, charliearon said:

I'm using whatever idiotic web system that came with my Android tablet and it still works fine for most needs on the AVSIM site.  Maybe time for a Google search.

I've had my Android almost a year and used it to login Avsim several times a day without fail until this issue came up about Sunday. I've done plenty of google searching and trouble shooting with no luck. This is some kind of encryption error from what I read that comes from the site. For some reason the device or Chrome reads it as black listed. That's false though because as I said all other devices in my home including my MOTO phone loads Avsim. I don't know. Maybe I should upgrade to an iPad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would wonder if the Server update had anything to do with this encryption error?  Yeah, I have had my Android tablet about a year now, also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading this thread on my Samsung with Chrome. No problem. Hmmm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just that one device. I've deleted the bookmark and tried Yahoo AOL ASK and all give me the same result with AVSIM.com. Really a bummer as I'm picking up my tablet several times a day to see what's trending. I'm bumfuzzeled.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, not the best photographer in the world!

 

DSCF0002.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check for Android 5.0 or later, some tablets use proprietary mods of generic Android and then stopped updating at V 4.5.xx. This prevents some new apps from installing/updating and does not support the latest encyrption standard that some servers require.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, odourboy said:

Reading this thread on my Samsung with Chrome. No problem. Hmmm...

LOL.  Check this link out - https://community.qualys.com/thread/17604-the-dreaded-errspdyinadequatetransportsecurity-error-in-chrome.  They had a major problem with Chrome users but it worked for Android users.

22 hours ago, PATCO LCH said:

Last week every time I hit my AVSIM book mark on my Android tablet using Chrome I get a white page "This site can't be reached. Below I see a ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY. This only happens on the Android.

This error has been around for years (per Google).  I do not have a solution but think you might need to update your bookmark on your Android tablet as AVSIM is a secure site and your bookmark is probably trying to reach us at our old site which was not secure.  Do a search for AVSIM on Google and then logon to our site without using the bookmark.  Once logged on, bookmark it again and delete your old bookmark.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank-you Jim. I deleted all my AVSIM bookmarks with no luck. Tried other search engines, YAHOO etc. Just don't know. Sad because one of the reasons getting the tablet was to keep up with AVSIM with out booting the PC. Oh well, maybe it's best for AVSIM not to have so many of my dorky comments.🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I use Firefox on my Android Samsung SmartPhone and have no problems.  Maybe you need to delete your browser cache?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-clear-your-browser-cache/

EDIT:  This link might work better for Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

Edited by Jim Young

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

What version of Android are you using?  I have an old android tablet ( don't know the version but somewhere in the 4 series), as well as a one year old Samsung 8+ running Lollipop and I have no trouble logging on with either so I don't think its your android OS unless it's very old.

Try deleting Chrome and all its latent garbage, go to the Play Store and download the latest version. Install it and see if then you can log in. Chrome might have gotten corrupted  by a software update and not one for Chrome necessarily. I had that happen with my last Samsung 5 phone.

Good luck.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 188AHC said:

 

What version of Android are you using?  I have an old android tablet ( don't know the version but somewhere in the 4 series), as well as a one year old Samsung 8+ running Lollipop and I have no trouble logging on with either so I don't think its your android OS unless it's very old.

Try deleting Chrome and all its latent garbage, go to the Play Store and download the latest version. Install it and see if then you can log in. Chrome might have gotten corrupted  by a software update and not one for Chrome necessarily. I had that happen with my last Samsung 5 phone.

Good luck.

 

5.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in I'm in I'm in!!😂 Took your advice Jim and downloaded Fire Fox on my tablet. Can always find good advise on AVSIM. Now I can go back to logging in several times a day. Thanks all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now