Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ground textures gets more blurry the further I fly

11 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'll try to replicate the problem with a default (no add-on) P3D V4.3 installation using the same graphics settings and flight paths and see what happens.

Yes. I'm afraid all those testing with "I've only installed airports, traffic, and planes" - "P3Dv4 Compatible" or not, have no chance of finding the root cause of any issues. What could be various different errors manifesting in similar problems of slowdowns, blurriness and other glitches most simply can't report.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

This morning I was coming from Frankfurt to Amsterdam at 2x speed and near the German/Dutch border I got an api.dll error and this is caused by an addon being not 100% compatible.

Both FTX Germany ad True Earth NL are V4.3 compatible. ASP4 beta + ASCA too.

Perhaps the 2x speed at 250 KIAS ( so 500 now ) and the altitude ( 7000 ft ) had something to do with it ...

Any suggestions ?

Edited by GSalden
  • Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Within 2 hs you post twice exactly the same video? I know you are happy with the new SLI setup, but this is slighty exaggerated, no? ;-)

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Within 2 hs you post twice exactly the same video? I know you are happy with the new SLI setup, but this is slighty exaggerated, no? 😉

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

i think what Chris is hinting...
you wasted two whole hours and still no new video!?

On 8/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, SteveW said:

There you go and restarting the flight from a saved point flushes the system out and it performs normally again. If it is a component of the stock sim that causes the problem it might only become apparent on a truly stock system. That means stock Windows too.

Isn't it much easier to use the P3D "Refresh Scenery" option. You have to assign a key for this command in the "controls" section, I do do it always when I get t blurries or slow autogen loading. It works in most cases and takes only 20-30 seconds. No need to save/reload a flight.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

52 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Isn't it much easier to use the P3D "Refresh Scenery" option. You have to assign a key for this command in the "controls" section, I do do it always when I get t blurries or slow autogen loading. It works in most cases and takes only 20-30 seconds. No need to save/reload a flight.

That's exactly what I've suggested in the past, going to the scenery library as well, but maybe in Gerrard's situation that didn't work, I don't know. My point is that there's more than one reason for producing all the symptoms reported on this thread and care should be taken to be sure they are not mixed up. That's why I recommend strongly starting from a pure stock P3D or you just don't know if the machine is right. We don't throw P3D away when it doesn't work right - look to your system and setup to sort out these problems. If it's P3D itself it should be easy to prove. Going to LM with problems on non-stock only systems is not going get them excited.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Refresh scenery does not work. Only a P3D reboot.

No need to reboot the pc.

Therefore imho it does not have to do with hardware.

Chris B. stated , and it seems quit logical to me , that with every P3D update the Sim evolves and features are getting iproved , which could mean that over time the Sim might get overloaded when using the same settings with every V4 release.

As I say it : 3 drops in an empty bucket, 2 drops out . At some point the bucket is full...  ( P3D tree structure and letting go of scenery/objects after passing them ) ...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

You'd think so... but in my case after doing the scenery refresh the blurries would return within about 30 min whereas if a new session were started the blurries never returned (within the time remaining in that session). 

My hunch is that the problem is something in P3D that gets worse with time.  For example, the last couple of incidents I had with blurries were fly NATS East to Europe and they would occur over England or W Europe.  If I save/exit/start/load the flight while on the NATS before reaching Ireland then the blurries have failed yet to occur.  This is only a few observations, and it might mean something but I've yet to refine my hypothesis enough to call it a theory.  I see a pattern where flying Europe is more prone to the problem where flying from Dubai to Shenzhen is no problem.  Go figure.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

4 hours ago, downscc said:

My hunch is that the problem is something in P3D that gets worse with time. 

Just to show how this thread is in a holding pattern, I harken back to those days of yesteryear, a bit earlier in this thread:

Yeah, every longer thread runs more or less into the same direction those days: it seems that some issues "accumulate" over time when doing longer P3D sessions. And again, I can only repeat: that's what I observe with the autogen loading issue. Add to this the annoying fact that the performance on airport sceneries is better when departing from it compared to arriving there after a flight and you can only draw one conlusion:

Prepar3d has an intrinsic bug that prevents the proper unloading of no longer used scenery items, probably going along with flooding buffers and thus hampering performance. This results in either blurries, late autogen loading or generally lower FPS and only a complete restart cures it completely.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

21 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Yeah, every longer thread runs more or less into the same direction those days: it seems that some issues "accumulate" over time when doing longer P3D sessions. And again, I can only repeat: that's what I observe with the autogen loading issue. Add to this the annoying fact that the performance on airport sceneries is better when departing from it compared to arriving there after a flight and you can only draw one conlusion:

Prepar3d has an intrinsic bug that prevents the proper unloading of no longer used scenery items, probably going along with flooding buffers and thus hampering performance. This results in either blurries, late autogen loading or generally lower FPS and only a complete restart cures it completely.

When V4 came out the unloading had been improved.

With V4 it looks like this is not working optimal anymore, which , as I see it , might cause blurries , AG not loading anymore and framerate dropping over time...

Edited by GSalden

As far as autogen not loading, have any of you tried removing any and all nvidia control panel or inspector settings, locking you frames to 30 internally and maybe setting a FFTF of 0.1?

I find this works for me. Running unlimited frames, I see the same as everyone else, slow autogen load.

The only reason I set FFTF to 0.1 is that I find at its default setting of 0.33, results in too low a frame rate whilst on, or close to the ground.

I can provide my settings but can't seem to easily upload images at present.

No harm in trying

Stu

Edited by Bunchy

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

That's exactly what I did when suffering from DXGI Errors. My nVidia profile settings regarding P3D are now basically default (just forced G-Sync off and highest performance settings on) along with the internal limiter of P3D. And yes, this cures the late autogen loading, but only for the setting "autogen draw distance = medium". Everything above still results in this annoying patchy loading of autogen as soon as you have been flying for some time or consecutively loading the same scenario.

BTW: to avoid blurries, I use FFTF=0.33. I rather have 18-20FPS and no issues with blurries than 25FPS but blurred ground textures in heavy scenarios. Outside bigger airports, the FFTF=0.33 does not harm that much.

Greetings, Chris

17 hours ago, downscc said:

My hunch is that the problem is something in P3D that gets worse with time.  For example, the last couple of incidents I had with blurries were fly NATS East to Europe and they would occur over England or W Europe.

After my testing, I'll disagree with your hunch. 

I've just completed two test flights with a default (no add-on) P3D V4.3 using the same flight path and same graphics settings as my prior video/test (that showed the AutoGen not loading when I arrived at EGLL) ... I'm actually happy to report no missing Autogen or Blurries.  Not because this absolves LM, but because it's a definitive direction that I hope leads to the source(s) of the problem.  I know many just want to point fingers and LM makes a good target, but due diligence is required for proper problem identification. Unfortunately my add-on list is fairly extensive so trying to pin point a source or combination is going to be very time consuming.

I used two of my other Test PC's that are pretty good performers (graphics setting at the 17:25 min mark):

Test PC 1 - 8700K + 1080Ti + Samsung EVO 9 series SSD
Test PC 2 - 7700K + 1080 FE + Samsung EVO 9 series SSD

I recorded the entire test flight done on my 8700K along with graphics settings.  The video will show that Autogen loads and stays loaded for the entire duration from LFLI to EGLL in the C-130.  This is actually "good news", because now I can start the process of Trying to figure out which add-on or combination of add-ons has triggered this problem. 

Cheers, Rob.