Sign in to follow this  
Richard McDonald Woods

B77W pilot looking for an additional aircraft to purchase

Ideally, I would like to add either an updated B777-300ER or a B789, but I don't know how long I will have to wait.

In the meantime, I may have to look at a B748 or a Milviz KingAir 350i, when available.

Any thoughts on my options

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Hi Richard,

As far as i know the 777 is up to date and flying perfectly fine. They will only add rainmaker and efb. But for me i only need efb for performance calculations for 773 as topcat doesnt. I use navigraph charts on i pad with moving maps.

I wouldnt say no to a good study level 789 but the last one bought was good but didnt meet my standarts. I think it all depends how you fly it. 

If you want a change i would suggest to wait for the 747-8. For me its the sole aircraft that has a set for four engines with the practicality of a T7 👌

Boeing 747-400!  Your flag carrier has got a quite a few left, as has VS.  Also the best PMDG has done yet.

PS you'll need the 747-400 as a base pack for the 748 anyway, so you might as well get started!

And if you want a full-on challenge, why don't you give the FSL A320 a go?

Edited by VHOJT
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cagrikartal said:

Hi Richard,

As far as i know the 777 is up to date and flying perfectly fine. They will only add rainmaker and efb. But for me i only need efb for performance calculations for 773 as topcat doesnt. I use navigraph charts on i pad with moving maps.

I wouldnt say no to a good study level 789 but the last one bought was good but didnt meet my standarts. I think it all depends how you fly it. 

If you want a change i would suggest to wait for the 747-8. For me its the sole aircraft that has a set for four engines with the practicality of a T7 👌

rainmaker, efb AND new platform updates during the 748 development (like pmdg ground services, fps improvements, etc)

Edited by captainsazzman

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I don't own the PDMG 777, but I've heard the Fly By Wire system in the upcoming Dash 8 (B748) will have similar properties, so....ever consider branching out to something a little more hands on?   I'm personally partial to the 737 NGX and while it may not be the newest PDMG offering, its got long legs.

I also own the PDMG 747-400 (and plan on buying the -8 when available) but am holding off a little while longer to truly study that plane as I feel I still have more to learn from the 737 NGX.  I like to master one plane before moving to another, but the depth of the 737 has kept me busy for the past 18 months that I've owned it.

I suspect you'll be pleased regardless of your decision as long as you keep it in the PDMG family.

Mark Trainer

The 737 is a complete simulation of an NGX at that time and is a blast to fly. It‘s incredibly detailed and all that is really missing is an updated cockpit lighting. But since FSLabs have made Spotlight completely free now there‘s no problem tonset up new lights on the flughtdeck.. 🙂 I prefer it to the 777 for its manual system management and the „fly by steel cables“ ^^ no seriously, except its lighting its absolutely amazing. 

10 hours ago, mtrainer said:

....I like to master one plane before moving to another, but the depth of the 737 has kept me busy for the past 18 months that I've owned it.

mark

You must be exited about sitting in the left hand seat ..... in another 18 months !

I just got my 4 bars after 5 years.....

• Upvote 1

for now, cheers

john martin

John,

Many congratulations🤸‍♂️

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

7 hours ago, Richard McDonald Woods said:

Many congratulations🤸‍♂️

richard

thanks ....... why 5 years you may ask.

well for me, I find the pmdg 737ngx the best fit (for my simming).

Intergrity & systems depth, support yet equally useable  with respected & supported addons such as fsuipc / linda, mce, pfpx, topcat, virtual cdu, navigraph charts on short & realistic regional flying.

I just can't see myself flying pmdg's widebodies for hours nor on "mostly unreal" regionals.

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin

Hi John,

At present, as I originally explained, I am waiting to decide which will be my next aircraft purchase. This comes down to the B748, or the longer wait for an equivalently updated B777, or even start to learn something as different as a KA 350i.

I was intrigued to see how the regional airport sceneries stack up. So far, I am very impressed! Perhaps I will eventually visit them in a 350i.😃

Cheers, Richard

Richard I think the level of detail and realism you’ll get from either the 777 or the 748 will surpass the KA - might just be me being cynical, but I suspect it’ll be the case. I just took the 744 for a spin LHR-JFK today after a long break from the sim and forgot just how lovely the aircraft is - sounds, visuals, dynamics, everything. I heartily reccomend and believe you won’t be disappointed with the 748 either. What I love about PMDG is that you know you’re getting as close to the real thing as possible, and that’s most satisfying.