Sign in to follow this  

Aerofly FS 2 - Vulkan graphics API update

Aerofly FS2 with Vulkan Update - 4K 60fps recording (unfortunatley YouTube has compressed the video considerably so the quality is not as good as the actual experience).

All graphics settings are maxed out (Orbx add-ons) - FPS ranges 90 - 209

Part 1 KMRY

Part 2 KCGX

Part 3 LOWI

Part 4 KEGE

Progress!!

Cheers, Rob.

Edited by Guest
Embedded links

Impressive! Is Vulkan just the 'holy-grail' now? :ohmy:

P.s - What a neat desktop! Many people (myself included!) could learn something from that. Nice!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Thanks for the videos!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Jeez this sim visually looks fantastic.

I didn't take time to watch much of the videos. So what kind of frame rate change is there with and without Vulkan?

Damn! That was impressive! ....Laguna Seca looked like an IRacing track.

Was that with default lighting?

Waiting for Vulcan to come to X-Plane 11. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Nice videos! Despite the many basic visual features still missing from AFS2 rendering engine, IPACS has managed to give it very nice visuals. Hopefully they will add the missing features in the not too distant future.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

2 hours ago, VeryBumpy said:

So what kind of frame rate change is there with and without Vulkan

Not noticeable change for me on my system. With Vulkan enabled I have the same FPS as always. In general terms, I think that would depend on your graphics card and CPU.

Aerofly FS 2 is an excellent simulator, stunning graphics and very realistic and unique representation of the scenery.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Is Vulkan just the 'holy-grail' now?

It's clearly helping, but there are other Graphics API's that can accomplish similar results from talented graphics software engineers.

29 minutes ago, edpatino said:

With Vulkan enabled I have the same FPS as always.

Interesting ... seems odd results Ed.  I'll do a Vulkan On/Off test as it's easy enough to enable/disable ... in my prior FS2 flights (without Vulkan) I was around 45-60 FPS when everything was maxed out.

1 hour ago, FunknNasty said:

Was that with default lighting?

Yes default (or I should say maxed out graphics settings so whatever light that provides).

Yes, lots of features still missing but progress none the less ... as I've said before DTG should have joined up with iPACs 2 years ago and we'd probably have many of those missing features today and a DLC avenue for DTG (which is what they really wanted in the first place).

Yes X-Plane 11 is supposed to update to Vulkan API also ... would be nice to get some quality shadows in XP11.  And of course P3D have their updates coming also.  Great time to be into flight simulators ... progress is happening, slowly.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, two questions if you have a moment...

The VOR CDI needle only comes alive approx 55 miles fron the VOR (DME is working well beyond that). Would you know if there is any plan to increase that to something near real world range? For example at 10,000' above the VOR station altitude the range should be, in a perfect world, approx 123 miles.

Pitch sensitivity...I find it very pitchy. Is there any way to dial this back?

Thanks for your time.

Dave

Impressive, petty that Aerofly FS2 is a "half" simulator, looking forward for vulkan on XP11!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

One of the big things to me is the Outrageous VR performance, and the fact that you can set 2.0 super-sampling and maximum settings and still have perfectly smooth FPS in the headset.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

3 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Interesting ... seems odd results Ed.  I'll do a Vulkan On/Off test as it's easy enough to enable/disable ... in my prior FS2 flights (without Vulkan) I was around 45-60 FPS when everything was maxed out

Rob, probably I didn't explain well myself. What I meant to say is that FPS are always high and mostly constant with/without Vulkan enabled, so fluidity is not an issue and very good as always, with FPS values above 60 FPS. When I enable Vsync and Vulkan, the FPS remains locked at 60 FPS, and keep it with no visible changes.

On my both setups (desktop and laptop) I have everything maxed out except shadows, to ultra from insane. I haven't really tested Vulkan on my laptop, only on my desktop, which I use also for VR flights.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 7/9/2018 at 6:24 PM, Rob Ainscough said:

Interesting ... seems odd results Ed.  I'll do a Vulkan On/Off test as it's easy enough to enable/disable ... in my prior FS2 flights (without Vulkan) I was around 45-60 FPS when everything was maxed out. 

Rob, have you done a Vulkan ON/OFF test in the same location with the same settings? I would really love to get an idea regarding FPS gain? Is it 50% or closer to 100%?

Edited by Arasaka

13 minutes ago, Arasaka said:

Rob, have you done a Vulkan ON/OFF test in the same location with the same settings?

Unfortunately no, I'm running different GPUs now (2080Tis in NVLink/SLI) so I'll not have Apples to Apples compare … I can test with the 2080Tis if you like … relative compare with Vulkan On/Off?

Cheers, Rob.