Phantom88

F-16C Block 50 "Viper"

As many of you know DCS is developing a Fighting Falcon block 50

Looks like The Viper is a high priority on DCS Aircraft Development list.......
from Wags.........

"While the F-4E is still planned, we have other modules in higher priority like the Hornet, Yak-52, Mi-24, F-16, and AH-1. Focus on the F-4E will come once we clear several of these projects.

So, I would not expect any F-4E news for quite some time."

• Like 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Amazing! If this F-16 is on the same level as their F/A-18, I'm really looking forward to it! 

Thanks for the heads-up.

• Like 1

Meh, being flying the best F16 sim of all time, Falcon BMS, for years, nothing will top that.

• Like 1

DCS: F-16C Block 50 and Other News
sv0vnL0.png 
DCS: F-16C Update

As mentioned in our yearly wrap up, one of our biggest projects for this year is the legendary F-16C Fighting Falcon, also called the Viper. In parallel with the Hornet, we already have a sub-team working on the Viper that includes programmers who have completed their Hornet tasks. Much of their focus is currently on the flight model, Flight Control System (FLCS), cockpit and the external model. Using much of what we learned with the Hornet, progress has been good, and is in no way slowing down Hornet completion.

As we pour the concrete, we can start to pass along some of our plans. Please remember they are plans, not timeline promises.

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
  • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
  • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
  • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
  • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
  • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
  • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
  • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, BLU-109/B, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
  • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
  • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
  • M61A1 20mm cannon

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
  • Link 16 Data Link
  • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
  • AGM-88C HARM
  • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
  • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
  • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
  • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
  • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
  • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
  • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
  • AGM-158/A JASSM
  • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
  • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update! Amazing news! 

Any idea of when this will be surfacing? 🙂

• Like 1

Lord i wish they would finish a module before starting more.  I really worry about the future of DCS, it seems the entire business model is predicated on selling more modules as quickly as possibly.  I do very much like the sim, but i wish they would focus more on the core engine and improvements to the 'game' aspect.  For me, even though (at the core) it's 20+ years old, Falcon 4 is more fun to spend time with.

...sigh...of course i'll buy the module though, some people (i.e. me) just don't learn!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the update! Amazing news! 

Any idea of when this will be surfacing? 🙂

I would think it will take less time as the Hornet as many of the same systems will be modeled.

4 hours ago, WotanUK said:

Lord i wish they would finish a module before starting more.  I really worry about the future of DCS, it seems the entire business model is predicated on selling more modules as quickly as possibly.  I do very much like the sim, but i wish they would focus more on the core engine and improvements to the 'game' aspect.  For me, even though (at the core) it's 20+ years old, Falcon 4 is more fun to spend time with.

...sigh...of course i'll buy the module though, some people (i.e. me) just don't learn!

Hello Ian,I feel your pain...I really do

It was little over a year that DCS Totally revamped their game engine with the introduction of DCS World 2.5,This has brought Many,Many improvements to the core game engine including new terrain.lighting,explosions and weather conditions just to name a few.

IMHO  DCS has done a total 180 deg. turn  as far as sharing and providing game/module updates,news and videos In the last few yrs

The Hornet(which was released in early access in May of last year) has had updates to it's many systems on a weekly basis

I think DCS is developing modules as their own technology and weapons system knowledge becomes available,Personally I would hate to wait another 1-1/2 or 2 yrs till the Hornet was fully developed in order to enjoy it on my PC.

I'm actually having a blast flying and learning the aircraft as new systems and weapons come online.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WotanUK said:

I can certainly understand your 'frustration' (if that's the right word?).

Personally, I don't really mind this approach, as long as they don't abandon modules / addons half-way and never finish them.

• Like 2

Of course i agree with you both, i just wish there was something to do with my perfectly simulated aircraft.  I bought the original KA-50 module from Russia before it was released in the west i have supported DCS since the very beginning, i have every module, yes even the terrible and now abandoned Hawk, i just wish Eagle would focus on implmenting things like better ATC or a Dynamic Campaign (my top priority) leave the Aircraft for the moment to other people; i would even pay for those type of addons just like the additional aircraft modules.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it's perfectly fine what they are doing now. They release new features for the Hornet pretty much weekely. And even in Early Access The F18 gives me all the fun i can get. It's not the missing features which will make me truly enjoy the Hornet. Is it for you? Which feature which is missing you consider it mandatory for you to have fun with it?

For the F16 the best guess from them is that they hope to release it before 2019 ends.

***Could be some trouble for DCS*** 
https://www.standard.net/news/milita...104ff5152.html 
"
OGDEN — A Russian is jailed in Weber County, charged with smuggling F-16 fighter manuals to Moscow and trying to obtain guides for other front-line Air Force jets.Oleg Mikhaylovich Tishchenko is scheduled to go on trial Aug. 19 in U.S. District Court in Salt Lake City on charges of conspiring against the United States, smuggling and violating the Arms Export Control Act.
Tishchenko was arraigned and pleaded not guilty March 15.

He was charged in a sealed indictment June 15, 2016, but could not be arrested until this year after he traveled to Georgia and that nation agreed to extradite him. Russia does not have an extradition treaty with the United States."

***DCS STATEMENT***

"

"Given the seriousness of this situation that Eagle Dynamics got pulled into, we will later issue a formal statement after discussion with legal counsel. Until then, nothing has changed with our future plans, and there is nothing more to say on this matter until we release an official statement."

***STATEMENT***FROM***WAGS*** 
https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...12&postcount=1"Lausanne, 14 May 2019.

The Eagle Dynamics group, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, confirms that one of its employees has been jailed in the State of Utah (USA) on charges of seeking to procure, export and sell restricted US fighter jet manuals, in particular the F-16.

Eagle Dynamics confirms that it was not involved in any way in the actions of its employee who acted in a purely private context and for his own personal interests.

The Company develops all of its DCS aircraft game modules exclusively on the basis of publicly available information and has never used nor tried to obtain any classified information.

The Company launched an internal investigation into the actions of its employee, and found nothing in the company's records that relates to the facts that are being held against him. The investigation confirmed in particular that no company resources were used and that no export restricted documents were obtained or stored within the company's systems. Furthermore, the Company confirms that the employee was not involved in any of the work or research pertaining to the development of the Company's upcoming F-16 module.

The development of the F-16 and other modules currently in the pipeline will continue in order to further enhance the simulation experience of DCS World. These events will not affect Eagle Dynamics' commitment to its users and faithful community. 

Thank you,
Matt Wagner
Senior Producer, Eagle Dynamics SA"

Posted (edited)

***FROM DCS FB PAGE***

60505426-10161905288065341-8968113269935

From Wags....

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
The texture on the left MFD seems like a placeholder but...trust me... i really want to be corrected! lol.gif

Nothing in the image is placeholder. All is operational and in the game. The images was taken on the PG map.

As mentioned earlier, our work on the Hornet has allowed us to much more rapidly develop the Viper. Work began only in October of last year.

More news tomorrow...

Edited by Phantom88

Few more......

DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-02.jpg

DCS-F-16-C-Cockpit-03.jpg

***NEWS**UPDATE*** 

Pre-Order DCS: F-16C Viper On 22 May 2019 and Save 20%
The amazing F-16C is coming to DCS World! Pre-order it next week on 22 May and save 20%. Early access is planned for the beginning of autumn 2019.

The F-16C is a single seat, single engine multirole fighter that was developed in the 1970s. More than 4,500 units were manufactured and are operated today by 26 countries where the aircraft performs numerous missions that include air superiority, close air support, precision bombing, air defense suppression, reconnaissance and more. Few other aircraft can match its versatility, maneuverability, firepower, and huge production numbers.

attachment.php?attachmentid=210306&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=210305&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=210304&stc=1

Nicknamed the Viper by its pilots, the F-16 was designed with a reclined seating position for high G tolerance and a single-piece bubble canopy for exceptional visibility and comfort. Its lightweight and powerful F-110-GE-129 engine provides a greater than 1:1 thrust ratio.
Housed in the nose of the Viper is a multifunction APG-68(V)5 radar. The aircraft can also be equipped with multiple sensors such as the Sniper XR targeting pod and HARM Targeting System (HTS).

The Viper is armed for air-to-air combat with Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, and an internal 20mm 6-barrel Gatling gun. It can also be loaded with a wide range of air-to-ground weapons that include general purpose bombs, rockets, canister munitions, Mavericks, laser- and GPS-guided bombs, and more. The F-16 provides endless gameplay in DCS World!

Key Features of DCS: F-16C Viper

• Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic fly-by-wire Flight Control System (FCS).
  • The most realistic model of the F-16C imaginable, down to each bolt and flake of paint, animated controls surfaces, lights, damage model, and landing gear.
  • Detailed simulation of the Viper’s many sub-systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more. Although features like "auto start" are available, the sense of accomplishment cannot be overstated while learning to operate this state-of-the-art machine.
  • Dozens of air-to-air and air-to-ground weapons and sensors. From simple rockets to high-tech GPS and laser-guided bombs, experience what only F-16C pilots have experienced ‘til now.
  • A highly realistic and exhaustively researched cockpit that is mouse interactive with 6-degrees of freedom. Interact with the cockpit by pressing buttons and moving switches. You will feel like part of the aircraft with our Advanced Systems Modeling (ASM).
  • Authentic F-16C sounds.
  • Virtual Reality support. Take advantage of the latest VR technologies to immerse yourself in the simulation. Other than the G's, you will feel like you are there!
  • Multiple liveries for the United States Air Force and Air National Guard, Air Force, Turkey, Greece, Israel, and others.
  • Upvote 1

***PLANNED FEATURES***

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Our Viper will be an F-16C with the Common Configuration Implementation Program (CCIP) upgrade. We feel this to be the most versatile version of the F-16 with capabilities for SEAD, precision attack, close air support, anti-ship, and of course air-to-air. We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

Core systems of our F-16C include:

• F-110-GE-129 turbofan engine
  • AN/APG-68(V)5 multi-mode radar
  • AN/ALR-56M Radar Warning Receiver
  • AN/ALQ-131/184 ECM pods
  • CCIP (Common Configuration Implementation Program) update
  • ALE-47 countermeasure system

This will be a massive project, so we will separate it into two phases: Phase 1 Early Access release and then Phase 2 Product Sustainment.

Phase 1 Early Access Release:

• Color Multifunction Display (CMFD) symbology, Horizontal Situation Display (HSD) format, and Head-up Display (HUD) symbology
  • Digitally TACAN and Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator (EHSI)
  • RWS, SAM, TWS and ACM A/A radar modes
  • BDU-33, BDU-50LD/HD, Mk-82LDGP, Mk-82AIR, Mk-84LDGP, CBU-87 CEM, and CBU-97 SFW unguided bombs
  • 2.75” rockets LAU-68 and LAU-131
  • Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS)
  • AIM-9L/M/P/X Sidewinder
  • AIM-120B/C AMRAAM
  • M61A1 20mm cannon

First skin will be the 55th FS at Shaw AFB.

Phase 2 Product Sustainment:

• Multifunctional Information Distribution System (MIDS)
  • Link 16 Data Link
  • A/G radar modes
  • AGM-65D/G/H/K Maverick
  • AGM-88C HARM
  • AN/ASQ-213 HARM Targeting System (HTS)
  • Sniper XR Advanced Targeting Pod
  • GBU-10, GBU-12, GBU-24A/B laser-guided bombs
  • BRU-57/A Smart Rack
  • CBU-103 CEM and CBU-105 SFW Inertially Aided Munitions (IAM)
  • GBU-31/A, GBU-32, and GBU-38/B JDAM
  • AGM-154/A and /B JSOW
  • AGM-158/A JASSM
  • Integration of the JHMCS with the HARM Targeting System (HTS), Link 16, and AIFF
  • ALE-50 towed decoy

As this project accelerates, we will be providing updates to keep you abreast of our progress to this much awaited addition to DCS World.

****PRE **ORDER**NOW**AVAILABLE****

Posted (edited)

New Viper Pictures Up

Screen_190627_150053-1920.jpg

Screen_190627_172852-1920.jpg

Screen_190627_173437-1920.jpg

Screen_190627_174744-1920.jpg

vlcsnap-2019-06-27-1920.jpg
Edited by Phantom88
pics would not show
  • Like 1

***Viper Trailer***

The F-16......Bring back memories of buying Falcon 4 on release it came with huge Book. What a great book it was. 

Stunning aircraft.

• Like 1

DCS: F-16C Viper Update
As we draw closer to the early autumn 2019 early access release of the Viper, progress has been rapid. You can find a list of our planned early access features here.

Our viper is already dropping bombs in CCIP and CCRP modes and strafing targets, and the navigation systems, flight model, and art is quite far along. The current focus is on rockets, air-to-air weapons and radar, the landing gear and underside of the aircraft, and tuning the flight model.

Next week we will start regular instruction videos. The first will be a cockpit orientation, and following that will be taxi and takeoff, waypoint navigation, VFR landings, and then unguided bomb attack.
attachment.php?attachmentid=216031&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=216032&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=216033&stc=1

attachment.php?attachmentid=216034&stc=1attachment.php?attachmentid=216035&stc=1

Looking good.

Posted (edited)

Today, update!

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1