Sign in to follow this  
zanehuston777

PMDG Moving while parked

6 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Some random add-on program doing something weird to the sim and PMDG taking the blame, yet again.

This, gents, is why I get so abrasive when people blindly point fingers.

What do you mean I turned it off in the addon manager, and suddenly the aircraft was normal again, I do not know why it only happens to pmdg, I am not blaming PMDG I only put it on this forum because I thought you guys would understand the problem the best.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, GEKtheReaper said:

if you read all hes replies you would see that this user newer intended to "point fingers". He's last statement was: "I believe it is a PMDG only issue."! He does not say that it IS! It might have been a combination of 100 facts interracting in the sim.

Look at the post of mine that you quoted. I never (note: "never" and not "newer" - I do understand we swap v/w relative to German in English, but it's tough to read) said anyone specific did anything. I said "[t]his, gents, is why I get so abrasive when people blindly point fingers." The important part, here, is the use of people (man), instead of you/he (du/er). VERY big difference. I only started to allude to his belief that it is a PMDG issue (a falsehood, and I knew it to be one) after you had pointed out that he never pointed a finger, which I quoted to be false.

How would any user know how sporadic a certain issue has been reported? By searching thousands of pages since the release of the 737? You could have answered: "Wow..that's a first! We never had such a report and we susspect some other AddOn".

If someone came in and said "here's all of this evidence that it is only your aircraft," I would have likely said similar to what you wrote. The facts of the situation, however, did not lend to that. There is nothing in our aircraft that can cause that behavior. Anyone can verify: take a clean install of P3D and install the plane. Loading it anywhere in the world would show the plane sitting there without moving. Moreover, if this were an issue with the plane, you'd see more reports of it. Yes, someone would be the first reporter, but if it were inherent to the plane - as our most popular software - reports would show up everywhere.

...and this is the first time I'd heard of it?
...in 6+ years?
...and quite a while since we updated any of the code in the NGX?

Statistically...? Very unlikely.

We all have our bad days. I as a user am excused, you as a proffessional PMDG staff member are not 😉 !

Thanks for your feedback. I don't need your approval. If you act out of line in the forum, I will call it out, and I will not feel remorseful about that.

Use facts, or be called out. Simple as that.

Rule 7, and somewhat Rule 4: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/458101-guidelines-for-participation-in-the-pmdg-forum-please-read/

2 minutes ago, zanehuston777 said:

What do you mean I turned it off in the addon manager, and suddenly the aircraft was normal again, I do not know why it only happens to pmdg, I am not blaming PMDG I only put it on this forum because I thought you guys would understand the problem the best.

You're confusing what I wrote. I understand completely that you solved the issue.

It doesn't happen only to our aircraft. If you take your post about AFLT and search online, you will find that it is reported in the P3D forums as affecting any aircraft at night, and that there's a patch. Again, this is why I get a little bent out of shape. In this latest post, you point at our aircraft by saying "only happens to PMDG" after earlier stating that you think this is our fault. This is irresponsible.

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128102

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/537542-p3dv4-aircraft-bounces-and-cant-move/

I get that you're not blaming us, but it's just about as bad if you say "it only happens with [insert add-on here]." It's not true, and again, it looks like no actual research went into that assertion. An assertion with evidence is fine - it shows that you made at least some cursory effort to be fair about the assertion. An assertion like that without evidence isn't fine, however.

• Like 2

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle,

I thank you for your time and pertinent response!

Kyle, you are amoug those PMDG staff members that are always active in the forum. You are also among those who almost instantly react to new topics. Hats of for that!

You must already know by now that there are billions of factors that can lead to a strange sim behaviour: HW, OS, drivers, SW running, installation manner, AddOn's,....

So if a user does see something strange happening with one PW ACFT (regardless of which it is) he will instantly ask for help in that particular forum. Asking for help does not instantly mean that he blames that third party developer.

Due to the above facts I felt that your response was indeed a bit off. It was just my opinion or how I felt reading your closing words. Sorry if I offended you.

Best regards,

Gerald

PS: Sorry for my english. I speak and write in 5 different languages. Misspelling is a downside of that.

• Like 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

Before another escalation:

He presumed that it's PMDGs fault and came back to revisit his statement.

That's it summed up.  

1 hour ago, GEKtheReaper said:

PS: Sorry for my english. I speak and write in 5 different languages. Misspelling is a downside of that.

Yeah happens wayyy to often. I know that feeling.

Edited by 30K

Cheers Henrik K.

IT Student, future ATPL holder, Freight forwarder air cargo and thx to COVID no longer a Ramp Agent at EDDL/DUS+ | FS2Crew Beta tester (&Voice Actor) for the FSlabs and UGCX

Sim: Prepar3d V4.5 Rig: CPU R7-5800X | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 3080 | TFT: DELL 3840x1600

ugcx_beta_team.png 3ePa8Yp.png

To (try) and end this, I came in not blaming anyone, It didn't happen to the majestic q400, so I assumed it was only PMDG that were affected by it. (again, not blaming PMDG, I know I mess with the sim a lot so I thought it could've been something I had done, and just wanted to know what it was). I looked for the issue just using google, (using PMDG as a keyword, noticing that it didn't happen to the Majestic Q400 on my system), and nothing came up, so I assumed I did something silly with the sim and somebody here, who has a much much better understanding of how PMDG aircraft work, would be able to help. I did not come in here, or ever, have intent to offend anyone, and thus do not know why I got this response, however, I will still apologize if I unintentionally said something rude.

Hello dears!

I just want to give you my opinion. It's silly to blame PMDG as well as silly to blame other add-ons for simulator that some users have non-reproducible problems for developers. Reading the messages in the SIM community, you can easily find a solution to most issues. In my case, any of the PMDG aircraft works perfectly with the EZdok Camera2. If there is any doubt about the compatibility, you can turn off only one EZdok mode is Fuselage shakes and any impact on the physics of the simulator will be excluded. By default, this effect is always disabled in the air and its negative impact on the ground we have not observed for PMDG aircraft before.

Complex addons for simulator may not always work out of the box without customization.

Best regards,

Nick

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 1

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020