Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Trying To Re-Install 4.3---but failing over

Hello Rick

Make sure your Windows 7 operating system has applied all available Important updates.  Prepar3D needs to see an updated operating system specially Windows 7.  

Check for updates,  if you are having problems  running the updates please see the Topic below

The Topic below has some steps you can try before you run the Setup_prepar3D.exInstaller (Checklist)  

Note: If you are still having troubles, I have also Included steps to Manually Install Prepar3D at the bottom of the Topic.  This process will require you to Install the Prepar3D Component Installers and the Prerequisite Installers Individually. When you have completed this you will have a full Install of Prepar3D.

Please click on Poppet replied to a Topic

Hi Elaine

Thanks for justifying all our hopes that you'd be a leading light in this Forum. Hats off to you as you are such a source of assistance.

First thing I did even before I got the AV re-installed, was to get all Windows 7 Updates before Microsoft closes that door too like they did with XP, except for Silverlight, which I detest and the latest Nvidia drivers. Nevertheless, many thanks for your heads-up.

Now.......if you could help me figure out why my Logic3 joystick does not operate the slider throttle once I get the re-install successfully done, that would be a great help.

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

Now.......if you could help me figure out why my Logic3 joystick does not operate the slider throttle once I get the re-install successfully done, that would be a great help.

Hello Rick

It should by default.    If you go to Prepar3D > Options > Calibration,  Can you see your hardware type listed in the Controller box at the top ? 

Click into Calibrate Device at the bottom and move the Logitech Slider,  Can you see it moving  ?  

You could click Reset Defaults and then try again 

Don't quite know what is going on with this Prepar3D V4.3.29.25520 re-install.

• A clean Windows 7 Pro 64-bit re-install
  • A re-downloaded P3D V4.3.29.255520  that took over 16 hours to download
  • All the Windows 7 Updates, all 95 of them have been downloaded and installed. 
  • The AV off
  • I have the latest .NET, etc but cannot install version 4.6.2 as it is blocked for Windows 7 Pro.
  • I have run that Checksum Utility. The zipped P3D download matches.
  • Tried Elaine's Advanced User method of the installing Client, etc, but it falls at the .NET 4.6.2 stage
  • I have Run as Admin.......
  • The baffling bit is this version of P3D installed faultlessly first time around on the same OS without a glitch before being forced into a complete re-format re-OS install..

Yet, the re-installation keeps tripping itself as soon as it reaches the same point time after time, 0x800713 .....with Asia mentioned.

I am at my wits end!

Edited by vc10man

It appers to be a common problem and its a micosoft error.

Here is a guy who fixed it exactly the same as yours with P3D. Go to the last post for his solution

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123194

"So it turned out that even though SP1 showed as an installed update with the correct KB number, it had in fact not been installed! Downloaded SP1 from Msoft and managed to instal it. Prepar3D then installed perfectly! "

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

Hi Zoran. You must have read my mind, because that is precisely what I was thinking of and am currently just downloading SP1 for Windows 7 OS. Just over 500Mb but taking ages to download due to the slow Net connection.

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance. Much appreciated.

Edited by vc10man

Frustrating for sure. Once its done ,probably a good idea to back up drive C and the sim drive after you reinstall it all. You dont want to have to go through this again.

ZORAN

4 minutes ago, zmak said:

Frustrating for sure. Once its done ,probably a good idea to back up drive C and the sim drive after you reinstall it all. You dont want to have to go through this again.

Say that again, Zoran! Frustration is an understatement.

Thanks.

Edited by vc10man
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone have a link to directly download Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 without that Microsoft nonsense of .ISO? Don't have a burner, do not have DVDs  to burn.

EDIT: IGNORE----getting it now via Windows Update

Edited by vc10man

Now, I have finally nailed it as to why P3D v 4.3.29 keeps falling over.

Windows 10, no issues. Windows 7 unless it has SP1 updated, that's where it falls down. But, alas, been trying all morning to do a Windows Update to SP1 and it, through Microsoft, falls over at Error 80070002, yet there is no clue at Microsoft what that error code is. Now I can see Microsoft's cunning ploy to force users to their Windows 10 platform by hook or by crook as all the other WU installed okay.

So, until I get SP1 installed via either a direct download, or via Windows Update, the P3D v4.3.29 is going nowhere.

Might as well abandon this FS platform and either go back to 32-bit FSX, or just completely abandon flightsimming! Frustrating is not a word I'd use here!

Rick before you give up keep in mind the link a few posts up he solved his by ignoring windows update of SP1 as it was faulty. He solved it by downloading SP1 via Microsoft ISO as you mentioned. I would try that first before you hand your badge in 😏

ZORAN

Thanks for that support, Zoran.

Need to get some blank DVDs to burn unless an ISO can be transferred to a USB stick, I don'y know.

Will try that avenue.

This re-installation of P3D v4.3.29 is now really beginning to test one's patience!

Managed to finally get Windows 7 SPI installed; managed to re-install P3D V4.3.29 to the point where it actually stated 'Setup Successful'.

Great! No, not so great. Because when I click on the desktop icon, guess what? I get the following error.

'The program can't start because api-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dlli missing from your computer. Try reinstalling..................'

What on earth is this error when it flagged 'Setup Successful'?  Anyone come across it before?

EDIT: Ignore

Managed to resolve it, but could not activate due to some crap error message about exceeding activations, etc, etc.

Edited by vc10man

20 minutes ago, vc10man said:

This re-installation of P3D v4.3.29 is now really beginning to test one's patience!

Managed to finally get Windows 7 SPI installed; managed to re-install P3D V4.3.29 to the point where it actually stated 'Setup Successful'.

Great! No, not so great. Because when I click on the desktop icon, guess what? I get the following error.

'The program can't start because api-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dlli missing from your computer. Try reinstalling..................'

What on earth is this error when it flagged 'Setup Successful'?  Anyone come across it before?

This whole episode acts like a failing hard drive or bad Windows install.

You might try running System File Checker:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-run-system-file-checker-analyze-its-logs-in-windows-7-vista

Edited by n99wb

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

The program can't start because api-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dlli missing from your computer

Hello Rick

Sorry to see you are having these Issues

Just for anybody else with this message.   This message is part of the Microsoft Visuals 2015 library

1)  Download Microsoft Visuals 2015 (x64) and (x86) at the link below 

2)  Run both Installers as Administrator and restart your computer 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Managed to resolve it, but could not activate due to some crap error message about exceeding activations, etc, etc.

Unfortunately the "activation's" message is due to Prepar3D not being Uninstalled \ Deactivated properly to releases the License from your Operating system.

E-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated, along with your license ID and invoice number and you should be up and flying in under two business days.

Note: When you send the email you should receive an autoresponder reply notifying you that your reactivation request has be received successfully

Edited by Poppet