vc10man

Trying To Re-Install 4.3---but failing over

After a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit OS failure due to Firefox Quantum wiping out the Registry, when trying to re-install v 4.3, keep getting an error ........ ' One or more issues caused the setup to fail. Please fix the issues.......etc, etc',  followed by 0x800713ec-Asia.

What gives on a completely re-formatted reinstalled Windows 7 Pro 64-bit system? Any ideas, folks?

Any help would be appreciated on this problem, seeing did not get too far seeking help on a joystick issue.

Make sure you are running the install program as administrator. 

Dont install into program files folders.

make sure anti virus disabled.

I googled  0x800713ec-Asia and got a lot of hits. All relate to the .NET installation of Windows 7 not being correct.

Try googling it and follow the suggestions from MS. It is a Windows problem not Prepar3d

Vic

1 hour ago, djbully said:

Make sure you are running the install program as administrator. 

Dont install into program files folders.

make sure anti virus disabled.

How silly of.me------clean forgot that ran as an Administrator last time when it installed flawlessly.........Mia Culpa! Mia Culpa. Grey matter is fading these days.

Thanks for that tip. Yes, disabled AV, and in a totally separate folder like I have habitually been doing since FS95.

Thanks for tip, Vic. Will get latest.

Edited by vc10man

have you thought of going down the win10 route.i use it now after running win7 for years .i switched to classic mode and its almost exactly the same as win 7.for me it's perfect and i don't have any issues when running prepared 4.3.

worth a look

steve

Best solution in this case is full blown windows re-installation from scratch.  Apparently you ended up with Registry issues.  Fixing them at times can be a pain.  It all depends.

Edited by Skywolf

8 hours ago, steve howlett said:

have you thought of going down the win10 route.i use it now after running win7 for years .i switched to classic mode and its almost exactly the same as win 7.for me it's perfect and i don't have any issues when running prepared 4.3.

worth a look

steve

Thanks, Steve. Already have exactly that with Classic Mode on a another faster Haswell  PC.

This is for a work-based PC after-hours usage. Thanks, nevertheless for the suggestion, despite Win10 Updates screwing things up.

8 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Best solution in this case is full blown windows re-installation from scratch.  Apparently you ended up with Registry issues.  Fixing them at times can be a pain.  It all depends.

Did just that, thanks.

If Prepare3D v4.3 was still activated when your computer went down you may need to ask LM to sort out/reactivate your license.

bob

19 minutes ago, onebob said:

If Prepare3D v4.3 was still activated when your computer went down you may need to ask LM to sort out/reactivate your license.

bob

Thanks for that suggestion, but do not even get to that stage as yet.

Have tried re-installing with Run as Administrator; have the latest .NET x64 re-installed, have the latest C++ re-installed. But the re-install still keeps falling over at the same place, same error. Now, don't know what else to try.

Tried again, after a re-boot, but keeps falling over at the .NET 4.6.2 stage with this error in the Log File.......' 0x800713ec :failed to execute the EXE package'.

Any ideas,guys?

Thanks a lot for that Zoran.

Just downloading now.

6 hours ago, vc10man said:

Thanks, Steve. Already have exactly that with Classic Mode on a another faster Haswell  PC.

This is for a work-based PC after-hours usage. Thanks, nevertheless for the suggestion, despite Win10 Updates screwing things up.

Hey rick guess i'm just lucky,i've never had issues after updates.either that or i'm too thick to notice them.

just reinstalled 4.3 .started yesterday.not because of win10 just wanted to get rid of vector and a few old aircraft leftovers.seems ok at the moment.

look out for me on the p3d help forums:-)

steve

32 minutes ago, steve howlett said:

Hey rick guess i'm just lucky,i've never had issues after updates.either that or i'm too thick to notice them.

just reinstalled 4.3 .started yesterday.not because of win10 just wanted to get rid of vector and a few old aircraft leftovers.seems ok at the moment.

look out for me on the p3d help forums:-)

steve

Thanks Steve. Will do.

Am currently re-downloading v4.3 all over again, but a slow broadband connection is taking ages. 8Gb downloaded so far.

Hello Rick

Make sure your Windows 7 operating system has applied all available Important updates.  Prepar3D needs to see an updated operating system specially Windows 7.  

Check for updates,  if you are having problems  running the updates please see the Topic below

The Topic below has some steps you can try before you run the Setup_prepar3D.exInstaller (Checklist)  

Note: If you are still having troubles, I have also Included steps to Manually Install Prepar3D at the bottom of the Topic.  This process will require you to Install the Prepar3D Component Installers and the Prerequisite Installers Individually. When you have completed this you will have a full Install of Prepar3D.

Please click on Poppet replied to a Topic

Hi Elaine

Thanks for justifying all our hopes that you'd be a leading light in this Forum. Hats off to you as you are such a source of assistance.

First thing I did even before I got the AV re-installed, was to get all Windows 7 Updates before Microsoft closes that door too like they did with XP, except for Silverlight, which I detest and the latest Nvidia drivers. Nevertheless, many thanks for your heads-up.

Now.......if you could help me figure out why my Logic3 joystick does not operate the slider throttle once I get the re-install successfully done, that would be a great help.

7 hours ago, vc10man said:

Now.......if you could help me figure out why my Logic3 joystick does not operate the slider throttle once I get the re-install successfully done, that would be a great help.

Hello Rick

It should by default.    If you go to Prepar3D > Options > Calibration,  Can you see your hardware type listed in the Controller box at the top ? 

Click into Calibrate Device at the bottom and move the Logitech Slider,  Can you see it moving  ?  

You could click Reset Defaults and then try again 

Don't quite know what is going on with this Prepar3D V4.3.29.25520 re-install.

• A clean Windows 7 Pro 64-bit re-install
  • A re-downloaded P3D V4.3.29.255520  that took over 16 hours to download
  • All the Windows 7 Updates, all 95 of them have been downloaded and installed. 
  • The AV off
  • I have the latest .NET, etc but cannot install version 4.6.2 as it is blocked for Windows 7 Pro.
  • I have run that Checksum Utility. The zipped P3D download matches.
  • Tried Elaine's Advanced User method of the installing Client, etc, but it falls at the .NET 4.6.2 stage
  • I have Run as Admin.......
  • The baffling bit is this version of P3D installed faultlessly first time around on the same OS without a glitch before being forced into a complete re-format re-OS install..

Yet, the re-installation keeps tripping itself as soon as it reaches the same point time after time, 0x800713 .....with Asia mentioned.

I am at my wits end!

Edited by vc10man

It appers to be a common problem and its a micosoft error.

Here is a guy who fixed it exactly the same as yours with P3D. Go to the last post for his solution

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=123194

"So it turned out that even though SP1 showed as an installed update with the correct KB number, it had in fact not been installed! Downloaded SP1 from Msoft and managed to instal it. Prepar3D then installed perfectly! "

Edited by zmak

Hi Zoran. You must have read my mind, because that is precisely what I was thinking of and am currently just downloading SP1 for Windows 7 OS. Just over 500Mb but taking ages to download due to the slow Net connection.

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance. Much appreciated.

Edited by vc10man

Frustrating for sure. Once its done ,probably a good idea to back up drive C and the sim drive after you reinstall it all. You dont want to have to go through this again.

4 minutes ago, zmak said:

Frustrating for sure. Once its done ,probably a good idea to back up drive C and the sim drive after you reinstall it all. You dont want to have to go through this again.

Say that again, Zoran! Frustration is an understatement.

Thanks.

Edited by vc10man
  • Upvote 1

Does anyone have a link to directly download Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 without that Microsoft nonsense of .ISO? Don't have a burner, do not have DVDs  to burn.

EDIT: IGNORE----getting it now via Windows Update

Edited by vc10man

Now, I have finally nailed it as to why P3D v 4.3.29 keeps falling over.

Windows 10, no issues. Windows 7 unless it has SP1 updated, that's where it falls down. But, alas, been trying all morning to do a Windows Update to SP1 and it, through Microsoft, falls over at Error 80070002, yet there is no clue at Microsoft what that error code is. Now I can see Microsoft's cunning ploy to force users to their Windows 10 platform by hook or by crook as all the other WU installed okay.

So, until I get SP1 installed via either a direct download, or via Windows Update, the P3D v4.3.29 is going nowhere.

Might as well abandon this FS platform and either go back to 32-bit FSX, or just completely abandon flightsimming! Frustrating is not a word I'd use here!