Sign in to follow this  
JusticeAA

SR22 HSI/CDI Fix with GTN750 panel

This panel fixes the out of sync PFD and replaces the MFD with the F1 GTN 750, and is for version 2.1 of the Carenado SR22 GTSX Turbo.  

For the MFD, the first soft key will toggle the trim/engine tab on the sidebar.  The second (from the left) activates direct-to on the GTN unit.  The right arrow button just below the Nav dial will open the 2D GTN.  The default MDD has been disabled as it causes major issues with the link to the PFD.

The installation method that I am using does not overwrite any files and can be easily undone if needed.  If you do not want to edit any files, rename the panel folder from panel.gtn to just panel and replace the files in your install directory.

Installation:

1.  Copy the panel.gtn folder into your sr22 install folder (this may be different if you use the addon.xml method):

...Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado SR22_GTSX_Turbo\

2.  Edit your aircraft.cfg to activate the new panel.  Each livery has its own [flightsim.x] entry in the config.  Where it says panel= change the entry to panel=gtn.  You must do this for every livery that you wish to change.

example:

[fltsim.1]
    title=SR22T Cirrus N8872B
    sim=sr22t
    model=
    panel=gtn
    sound=
    texture=1
    kb_checklists=
    kb_reference=
    atc_id=N8872B
    ui_manufacturer="Carenado"
    ui_type=SR22 GTSx Turbo
    ui_typerole="Single Engine Prop"
    ui_createdby="Carenado"
    ui_variation=N8872B
    description=Carenado SR22 GTSx Turbo
    atc_heavy=0
    atc_airline=
    atc_flight_number=
    atc_id_color=0000000000
    visual_damage=1

Images (top image is non-gtn fix):

https://imgur.com/a/tDWohDU

Link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JwXMpE85-Njehmk2Ss8-Kzf93GlH2rnr/view?usp=sharing

Edited by JusticeAA
Added Link
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much for this!  I can't wait to test this solution!

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Hi.  Just for clarification, if I use this mod., will it effect the mod from Bert?

Thanks.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

On 2/18/2020 at 10:32 AM, BernieGarrett said:

Brilliant I was looking for this solution!

Thanks

Bernie

Let me know if it needs some touching up.. :happy:

Bert

thanks Bert!

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

Quite pleased with how this turned out.. sure helps having a RW pilot involved, in order to wring out all the Carenado "shortcomings"..

Anyone want to try this neat little airplane with an RXP GTN 750 in the panel, contact me via PM..  Perfect little IFR tourer.. :cool:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Hey guys. I want to buy an SR22 for P3D5 and it looks like Carenado is the only game in town. I've read the reviews for their SR22 and they are not great. What are the steps to get it working like the real plane? Do I need to buy an addon GTN750 or something? Thanks.

Edited by J0nx

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

47 minutes ago, J0nx said:

Hey guys. I want to buy an SR22 for P3D5 and it looks like Carenado is the only game in town. I've read the reviews for their SR22 and they are not great. What are the steps to get it working like the real plane? Do I need to buy an addon GTN750 or something? Thanks.

As you can see in the above post, I assisted a RW SR22 pilot in creating a cockpit for his IFR training.. If that is what you are after, yes, you need to purchase an addon GTN 750.. suggest the Reality XP version.

Bert

I got this installed and love having the GTN 750 integrated in the MFD.

Now, I built my home cockpit around the SR22 and have 2 15" touch screens, one for the PFD and one for the MFD. Unless I am missing something it seems that this modification does not allow for the MFD to be used as a pop up window (and thus I can't move that window to my touch screen). I don't see any additional window when selecting the MFD or using Shift+2.

I am somewhat familiar with panel.cfg files but couldn't find a way to make this work. Does anyone know how to have the modified MFD available as a pop up window? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Note that I don't mind the MFD display in the virtual cockpit being blank in that configuration as my main monitor only displays the view above the glare shield (PFD and MFD being displayed on the 2 touch screens).

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, ThierryD said:

I got this installed and love having the GTN 750 integrated in the MFD.

Now, I built my home cockpit around the SR22 and have 2 15" touch screens, one for the PFD and one for the MFD. Unless I am missing something it seems that this modification does not allow for the MFD to be used as a pop up window (and thus I can't move that window to my touch screen). I don't see any additional window when selecting the MFD or using Shift+2.

I am somewhat familiar with panel.cfg files but couldn't find a way to make this work. Does anyone know how to have the modified MFD available as a pop up window? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Note that I don't mind the MFD display in the virtual cockpit being blank in that configuration as my main monitor only displays the view above the glare shield (PFD and MFD being displayed on the 2 touch screens).

Thanks!

Why would that not be possible?

I can set up a popup window for you (contact me via PM)..

If you are using the F1 GTN, the VC gauge will go blank.. if the RXP GTN, both will be active at the same time.

Bert

Bert,

Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry I missed it initially.

Just sent you a PM.

Very much looking forward to it and curious to learn about the implementation.

Thanks,

BTW.. for anyone trying this..

In FSX, the "Instrument Reflections" need to be turned off for the GTN to be clickable in the VC.  In P3DV4/5 this does not appear to matter..

Bert