Sign in to follow this  
Paul Golding

Thinking about getting the Dreamfleet 727

Guest jacob001

Time to buy another addon! (There's still life in FS9 yet!) I've used the Captain Sim 727 for about two years now and whilst it seemed great when I bought it the lustre is rapidly fading. But 727's - along with DC3's and Tu-144's - are still my favourite aeroplanes. I've heard that the Dreamfleet version is much better, but is that just marketing hype or is it really an excellent product? Is it worht getting when I already have the CS 727?

Guest wayupthere

IMO Yes without thinking

>IMO Yes without thinkingditto.but, get ready to read the full AFM provided with the aircraft.

Gustavo Rodrigues - Brazil

I only fly from VC these days. That's why I didn't get the 727 because I'd have to deal with popup 2D engineer's panel (which is natually an understandable fact for a 3-crew plane with a panel located away from pilot seats).

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

oh how I love the old birds, but sometimes its too much work. I wish I had a virtual FO and FE. one time I forgot to turn off the center override fuel pumps and lost my engines over the high peeks of denver! oops!

Guest jacob001

Heading over to Flight1 now to make a purchase!

you wont regret it, such an advancement compared to the captain sim model, which was great in its day but that was for FS2002

Guest wayupthere

>Heading over to Flight1 now to make a purchase!Good boy :( , Have fun with her :)

Jacob,I'd really like your opinion after comparing the two.. in terms of flight dyanmics. CS vs DF.I love the CS727. I was thinking of getting the DF727. But I thought I'll postpone it and get it for FSX.Thanks.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Tingoose

Does the Dreamfleet 727 have a virtual FE to help with those tasks? If not maybe FS crew could get on the case.

>Does the Dreamfleet 727 have a virtual FE to help with those>tasks? If not maybe FS crew could get on the case.That would be a nice thing. :-)The only inbuilt virtual FE I know about, is in the PSS Concorde. But ofcourse there may be also in other titles which I don

Staffan

It depends what you want of a virtual FE really.If you set up the config manager for a "cold & dark" start, then you will have to do everything yourself - but then that's point isn't it?If you want everything set up and ready to start, you can use the config manager to do a (you guessed it) "ready to start" set up.If you're in a real rush, you can also do a "ready to taxi" start as well.On exiting FS, the panel state is saved, so if you leave FS with the engines still running, then that's how they'll be on re-starting FS - unless you run the config manager again.Once the aircraft is set-up and ready for flight, there's very little reason to even look at the FE panels during the flight, aside from maybe checking the fuel and then starting the APU during your roll-out after landing. OK, on a longer flight where you need to load more fuel in the centre tank than the wings, you'll need to set the tanks to burn off the excess in the centre first, but that's really easy to do and is all explained in the tutorial, manuals and on the checklists that appear on the FS kneeboard.Dreamfleet Project ManagerGreatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

You have nothing to loose by trying it Manny, if you don't find it better or up to your expectations, then use the F1 refund.A quick search through the forums should tell you what you need to know.Dreamfleet Project ManagerGreatest Airliners - DC-8Greatest Airliners - 727 Whisperjethttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Go with the DF...I love that Flying Tigers livery on the 100 - it is soo kewl...Just this week I spent a few hours doing T&G's at my Fly Tampa's San Diego... What a great combination...Are there any pics out on the DC-8 yet ? I love this old tin...Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

It's really the only 727 out there IMHO. I learned the complete systems, then I used a startup mode where the engines were ready to start (that's what the airline is paying the FE for ;-) ) Any issues with the FDE have been ironed out. I haven't flown it lately, but it's not going to leave my hanger. Mike