Sign in to follow this  
PMJ

Whooshing Noise in Cockpit

When I close the Battery switch (engines not running) a whooshing sound occurs about every 15 to 20 seconds in the cockpit of the 310R.

From what I can tell, none of the switches are on other than the Battery. 

I don't know what it is or where it is coming from other than somewhere in the cockpit—I just want to turn it off.

Any suggestions

Pat 

Hi, there.  The sound you hear is the cabin seal trying to inflate.  The switch on the far right of the front panel will inflate the seal and the "whoosh" will stop.  When you land, you can deflate the seal by clicking the same switch.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Stop trying to sound clever Stew. You only discovered that by RTFM. Come on, own up. :biggrin:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Its the first thing in the checklist. I asked about that over at Milviz and was told to RTFM.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

12 minutes ago, FreeBird(Josh) said:

Its the first thing in the checklist. I asked about that over at Milviz and was told to RTFM.

:laugh:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

2 hours ago, Ron Attwood said:

Stop trying to sound clever Stew. You only discovered that by RTFM. Come on, own up. :biggrin:

You've found me out, Ron!  :blush:

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Thanks guys,

I found the Manual hence found the problem.  On page 2-14, the door seal is explained and the switch is shown on the far right of instrument panel. 

Thanks again for a quick response.

Pat

That is actually a pressure relief valve bleeding off overpressure, but the solution is correct. Flip the door seal switch.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

On 8/7/2018 at 2:35 PM, n4gix said:

That is actually a pressure relief valve bleeding off overpressure, but the solution is correct. Flip the door seal switch.

Wish I had that switch for the sump pump under my home. Had 12 inches of rain over 14 days and the crawl space sump pump was making a loud Whooshing Noise about four times per hour as I was flying the 310 Redux....  Was wondering why that co-pilot side switch was not working!  LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Oh my Frank! It's a good thing that your sump pump was working though! :ohmy:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator