Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

PMDG Expansion 747-8 or QW 787

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

I thought you could look up anyone on the FAA site and see there credentials and type rating. 

You can but again that would take time in verifying my credentials and even the whole I am who I say I am.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

Just search my name and you can find me.  Look in Eagle River, Alaska.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

7 minutes ago, thibodba57 said:

You can but again that would take time in verifying my credentials and even the whole I am who I say I am.

https://amsrvs.registry.faa.gov/airmeninquiry/

Just search my name and you can find me.  Look in Eagle River, Alaska.

I never doubted your credentials. You have done a lot for the community and we appreciate the feed backs and repaints. Problem with this hobby is too many PC pilots consider themselves experts, LOL. 

Edited by Wise87

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I never doubted your credentials. You have done a lot for the community and we appreciate the feed backs and repaints. Problem with this hobby is too many PC pilots consider themselves experts, LOL. 

There are some really really sharp peeps out there.  I'm not perfect. Not by a long shot and its tough to keep up with everything.  More than half of what I do is all book knowledge and simmers can usually get all that info.  Provide that info to a person with the drive and its enough to make my mouth drop 🙂  I certainly don't have that much motivation, however my paycheck is a good motivator, so I try my best to keep my nose in the books.  Its why I beta test for another developer.  Keeps me engaged.

• Like 1

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

5 hours ago, w6kd said:

OK, let's keep to the topic.  748 vs 787, not iFly vs PMDG etc etc

Can we just discuss PMDG VS the World?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, thibodba57 said:

The question wasn't which product is better.  But which to get.  I propositioned to get both.  If you can't afford both but have the 744 I'd go with the 787 just to broaden your fleet.  While the 748 is different in a lot of respects its more so different from the programmers stand point.  Operating the 744 and 748 is actually quite the same.  Thats why they share a type rating.  So by having both the 744 and the 787 you have more types of flying available to you.  We operate the 748 into the same locations we take a 744(mostly), so the differences in flying is minimal.  I'd never discourage anyone from getting the PMDG 748, but I think you'd find more fulfillment if you had more variety. Just a different take on the whole PMDG is better I gotta have it is all.  Yes its a better product (Yes they did miss some things, I've been flying approaches over the last hour and I've see a few things.  No I probably won't mention it to them, I was brushed off last time I did and the errors are still there in the 400.  Yes I have proper documentation and experience to backup the errors I've seen).  Its boils down to "Diversity is the spice of life".  Have them all, if you can't I'd just swing with the diversity thing.  My $.02

Your 2 cents makes a lot of sense. No nonsense . lol    I agree, I'm a lot more inclined to go with the 787. I want to y something new. 

Screen-shots:  787-1000 (Updated) 

Folks can someone please post a night screen-shot of the VC, with the  cockpit lights on. I am particularly interested on how the MCP looks now that this a/c has been updated.  Please post high quality screen-shots. I will greatly appreciate it. 

Edited by joemiller

13 hours ago, pracines said:

with this statement you prove your position as totally delusional. No person or company except God Himself...

You too. I thought everyone knew God was a woman; no bloke can complete a large DIY project in six days and then settle for one day off.  😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, por930 said:

Saw this 3 minute tour of the flight deck in a 787...I was just curious about what seems to me the overly bright surrounds of the FMC. But, even in real life, it looks kind of 'bright'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DWnqk_taac

Well. maybe QW designed the FMC for Boeing. haha. 

Yeah in that video I can see what you 're describing. However, if you also notice the video quality is poor.- very fuzzy and shaky. 

Something that surprised me was how small these cockpits are in the real life. I went into a 777 cockpit several times and I was shocked to see how small it's in there, compared to how gigantic airplane is. 

16 minutes ago, joemiller said:

Well. maybe QW designed the FMC for Boeing. haha. 

Yeah in that video I can see what you 're describing. However, if you also notice the video quality is poor.- very fuzzy and shaky. 

Something that surprised me was how small these cockpits are in the real life. I went into a 777 cockpit several times and I was shocked to see how small it's in there, compared to how gigantic airplane is. 

Both guys have to reach across to the other side in case they need to do any actions in the other pilots area. So, being very far apart, while more comfortable, but not practical. 

• Like 1

Geoff Bryce

7 minutes ago, por930 said:

Both guys have to reach across to the other side in case they need to do any actions in the other pilots area. So, being very far apart, while more comfortable, but not practical. 

For sure that makes sense. Very good point.  

On 9/27/2018 at 10:58 PM, joemiller said:

Did they fix the VC lighting  issue? (banding textures)  

Did they?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

1 hour ago, warbirds said:

Did they?

According to their update comments for 1.1.2.... VISUALS: VC night lighting textures improved (RealLight)

I had a look at my night time visuals just now, and looks sort of ok. Their instruments always have a soft visual feel to them, and it is either all on/off.

https://imgur.com/a/2PAIEDX

Edited by por930
later information

Geoff Bryce

1 hour ago, por930 said:

According to their update comments for 1.1.2.... VISUALS: VC night lighting textures improved (RealLight)

I had a look at my night time visuals just now, and looks sort of ok. Their instruments always have a soft visual feel to them, and it is either all on/off.

https://imgur.com/a/2PAIEDX

Well I would say its all on or off.  You have the dome light cranked to 75%.  

beta.gif   

My Liveries