AresOcana

Can't start APU

Recommended Posts

Well, the title says it. I have already watched multiple tutorials and even set a key to do so. if anybody knows what it is please answer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

11 minutes ago, Aresito said:

Well, the title says it. I have already watched multiple tutorials and even set a key to do so. if anybody knows what it is please answer!

What steps are you taking? How long are you waiting for it to power up?

It's literally a mini jet engine in the tail of the plane. It takes a little while to power up.

 

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

What steps are you taking? How long are you waiting for it to power up?

It's literally a mini jet engine in the tail of the plane. It takes a little while to power up.

 

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

I already changed my name, sorry for that.

About the steps, i watched 3 tutorials, 2 of them are in spanish and the other is the one made by Matt Davies

I waited about 5-10 minutes in various attempts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AresOcana said:

I already changed my name, sorry for that.

Post signatures need to be in people's posts. The standardization is necessary to allow the mods to spot it easily.

3 minutes ago, AresOcana said:

About the steps, i watched 3 tutorials, 2 of them are in spanish and the other is the one made by Matt Davies

Right - I understood earlier that you followed tutorials, but what's important to me are the steps you took.

A tutorial you watched could have said "turn the left landing light on, then turn the seat belt switch on, and then write 'START APU' (in all caps) on a piece of paper."

This, obviously, won't start the APU.

 

What steps - specifically - did you, yourself, take in order to start the APU. Please type them specifically so that I could follow them on my own. This is not a common error, so it's likely that I'll spot an issue with your workflow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

Post signatures need to be in people's posts. The standardization is necessary to allow the mods to spot it easily.

Right - I understood earlier that you followed tutorials, but what's important to me are the steps you took.

A tutorial you watched could have said "turn the left landing light on, then turn the seat belt switch on, and then write 'START APU' (in all caps) on a piece of paper."

This, obviously, won't start the APU.

 

What steps - specifically - did you, yourself, take in order to start the APU. Please type them specifically so that I could follow them on my own. This is not a common error, so it's likely that I'll spot an issue with your workflow.

Ok, here are the steps i did (Started with the aircraft in turn around)

Both adirs on nav

then i filled the information on the fmc and the autopilot panel

i also turned both flight directors on, and set the baro

i turned on the bottom display

turned the fuel pumps on

Then, in the apu switch, i moved it to 'on' an then to start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AresOcana said:

Ok, here are the steps i did (Started with the aircraft in turn around)

Both adirs on nav

then i filled the information on the fmc and the autopilot panel

i also turned both flight directors on, and set the baro

i turned on the bottom display

turned the fuel pumps on

Then, in the apu switch, i moved it to 'on' an then to start.

I also saw on another post that someone said ''loading a certain panel state causes the apu to fault''

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AresOcana said:

(Started with the aircraft in turn around)

Short or Long state?

Right above the Runway Turnoff lights, there's a round dial. Is it pointing to a value, or is it at zero?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Short or Long state?

Right above the Runway Turnoff lights, there's a round dial. Is it pointing to a value, or is it at zero?

It was in long state

the dial didnt even move a bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, AresOcana said:

It was in long state

the dial didnt even move a bit

Wasn't asking if it was moving. I asked what it was indicating: pointing to a value, or at zero.

I get that this might be frustrating, but please read carefully. I asked the question in a specific way for a specific reason.

If it's at zero, you may want to load the plane without a panel state, shut it down, save a new version of the state, and see if that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly a dumb question,but did you have the battery switch on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another dumb question, if your turning on the left center fuel pump you have fuel in the center tank yes?

If not and you only have fuel in the wing tanks then you need to turn on the Left AFT fuel pump.

 

Andy Baird 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vhufo said:

If not and you only have fuel in the wing tanks then you need to turn on the Left AFT fuel pump.

Technically, there's a DC pump that'll run to get things going. It's just better to run the wing pump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Perhaps OP loaded CWT only and wing tanks are low?

Edited by downscc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Wasn't asking if it was moving. I asked what it was indicating: pointing to a value, or at zero.

I get that this might be frustrating, but please read carefully. I asked the question in a specific way for a specific reason.

If it's at zero, you may want to load the plane without a panel state, shut it down, save a new version of the state, and see if that works.

I'm sorry, what i meant with ''didnt move'' was that the pointing zero

i will try and let you know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mazelda said:

Possibly a dumb question,but did you have the battery switch on?

of course i did xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, vhufo said:

Another dumb question, if your turning on the left center fuel pump you have fuel in the center tank yes?

If not and you only have fuel in the wing tanks then you need to turn on the Left AFT fuel pump.

 

Andy Baird 

 

 

 

i also did it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Wasn't asking if it was moving. I asked what it was indicating: pointing to a value, or at zero.

I get that this might be frustrating, but please read carefully. I asked the question in a specific way for a specific reason.

If it's at zero, you may want to load the plane without a panel state, shut it down, save a new version of the state, and see if that works.

It actually worked! Thanks for your time (and patience).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now