Sign in to follow this  
swiesma

Must have addons to start with

4 hours ago, swiesma said:

It is what it is, sorry 😉

tenor.gif

Well, at least LR (Zibo) got the cockpit window dimensions right.

• Like 4

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Sorry to "7500" the thread but is there an addon like orbx global to get rid of the brownish ground textures? I know of orthos and HD Mesh but are there any global exchange textures or similar?

Thank you in advance  

On 10/16/2018 at 5:11 PM, swiesma said:

The Zibo 737 is nice, but not on a PMDG level. So I hope for some better airliners soon. But the Zibo is more than ok for a freeware plane.

If you haven't already, check out the YouTube clips from Flightdeck2sim.

They are truly great and him being a real NG driver spending all his time in the Zibo mod over the NGX these days says quite a bit of the Zibo mod IMO.

• Like 1

Richard Åsberg

It’s an amazing addon.  Looking at the time I also spend in P3D I can’t believe no one has done something similar for that sim.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 minutes ago, regis9 said:

It’s an amazing addon.  Looking at the time I also spend in P3D I can’t believe no one has done something similar for that sim.

Very true!

My own thoughts are that X Plane 11 is in fact far superior to Prepar3D. Although, when I tried the demo shortly after it was released I wasn't that impressed. I think that it probably fare easier to do something like this in X Plane 11 than P3D. Now that I am well down the road of getting used to and familiar with X Plane I think its unlikely that i will go back to P3D after V5 is released.

I only really got into X-Plane within the last few weeks.  Once I gave it some time, I can see that it is a very strong sim.  Having said that I still love P3D as well, though I must say if X-Plane has seasons, AI Traffic and ATC it would address my main issues with it and that would close the gap significantly.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Yes I'm hoping the particle system and seasons comes to fruition and it actually works before xp12.  But likely not.  Atc doesn't bother me since I use pilot edge

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yes I'm hoping the particle system and seasons comes to fruition and it actually works before xp12.  But likely not.  Atc doesn't bother me since I use pilot edge

What are you expecting out of the particle system besides contrails? Seasons, I doubt it, more like xp12. I don't see them adding any more features to XP11. They are going to fix ATC and give us Vulcan. I think xp12 will be a weather update! exenviro seasons is looking really promising! 

Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

37 minutes ago, strider1 said:

What are you expecting out of the particle system besides contrails? Seasons, I doubt it, more like xp12. I don't see them adding any more features to XP11. They are going to fix ATC and give us Vulcan.

Well, Ben has said that there will be scenery-based particle effects, just not in the 11.30 version where it's just aircraft-related effects. I'm thinking smokestacks in industrial regions, that kind of thing. 

The final work on XP11 is probably focused on the move to Vulkan/Metal, tightening up performance as much as possible for both 2D and VR, and then maybe better ATC if we're lucky.

I think xp12 will be a weather update! exenviro seasons is looking really promising! 

I hope so. At this point I'm not holding my breath for better weather in the XP11 run, which I think does need a complete overhaul of the internal weather engine, so it can support full 3D modeling of discrete weather systems.

I think we're reaching another one of those break points where Austin has to decide if they're going to work internally on a better weather engine, or just keep handing it off to 3rd party developers for basically cosmetic weather effects. I want my fully-developed CB's with vertical airflow, darn it! And until someone proves otherwise, that's not going to be a 3rd-party add-on. The whole weather system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Edited by Paraffin
  • Upvote 1

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

48 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Well, Ben has said that there will be scenery-based particle effects, just not in the 11.30 version where it's just aircraft-related effects. I'm thinking smokestacks in industrial regions, that kind of thing. 

The final work on XP11 is probably focused on the move to Vulkan/Metal, tightening up performance as much as possible for both 2D and VR, and then maybe better ATC if we're lucky.

I hope so. At this point I'm not holding my breath for better weather in the XP11 run, which I think does need a complete overhaul of the internal weather engine, so it can support full 3D modeling of discrete weather systems.

I think we're reaching another one of those break points where Austin has to decide if they're going to work internally on a better weather engine, or just keep handing it off to 3rd party developers for basically cosmetic weather effects. I want my fully-developed CB's with vertical airflow, darn it! And until someone proves otherwise, that's not going to be a 3rd-party add-on. The whole weather system needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Cool! I wonder if they can and have plans to use this particle system for fires? Aerial firefighting would be a blast! 

I am looking fwd to the day when we can fly around supercell storms:)

One of the devs is actively working on ATC, so we should be seeing an update in the near future hopefully! I am assuming 11.40/.50

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar