Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a VERY LARGE PC case (open)

3 hours ago, martin-w said:

Send them an email and enquire as to availability.

See my prior post, already did contact and Rich responded … November before they can work on it.  If I didn't need one soon, I'd certainly work with them.

I'm proficient at MIG and TIG welding and have a couple of very good welding machines and have worked with Aluminum variants a lot during my auto racing days.  But I'm mid 50's now and starting to feel the back pains … make one takes too much time that I don't have … it would be enjoyable, but just not enough time in the day.

Cheers, Rob.

Weird, Mountain Mods used to be "the thing" back in my extreme watercooling days, i guess they cooled off or something hehe.

Anyway, excellent choice there.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

Weird, Mountain Mods used to be "the thing" back in my extreme watercooling days

No response to my inquiry, so no sale … I moved on.  My Asus MB shipped today, so the only part I'm waiting on is the 9900K CPU (hopefully ships tomorrow).

I like the case fabrication idea, just not enough time these days … it's going to be a push just getting my current build assembled, tested, and everything of the software side re-installed … I'm actually building out 4 computers as I do the MB shuffle from my existing 3 PCs, 4th PC I'm giving to a friend (old 7700K with 1080 FE and M.2 512GB 32GB RAM) as my hand me down.

Cheers, Rob.

6 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I'm actually building out 4 computers as I do the MB shuffle from my existing 3 PCs, 4th PC I'm giving to a friend (old 7700K with 1080 FE and M.2 512GB 32GB RAM) as my hand me down.

I actually used to do the same thing after I discovered (I actually was shocked) how many people, especially older ones, did not have computers of any sort, and often had to go to the library to get on the net. I started interacting with local computer shops, grabbing their cast off computers (people buying new computers would leave their old ones behind) and after a while I had a pretty steady output of refurbished computers that I began giving away.

It was fun.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

14 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

See my prior post, already did contact and Rich responded … November before they can work on it.  If I didn't need one soon, I'd certainly work with them.

I'm proficient at MIG and TIG welding and have a couple of very good welding machines and have worked with Aluminum variants a lot during my auto racing days.  But I'm mid 50's now and starting to feel the back pains … make one takes too much time that I don't have … it would be enjoyable, but just not enough time in the day.

Cheers, Rob.

Sorry Rob, must have missed that.

Back trouble here too, disc. Knees a bit dodgy too. Although a recent trip to Sark in the Channel Islands helped. 

5 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

I actually used to do the same thing after I discovered (I actually was shocked) how many people, especially older ones, did not have computers of any sort, and often had to go to the library to get on the net. I started interacting with local computer shops, grabbing their cast off computers (people buying new computers would leave their old ones behind) and after a while I had a pretty steady output of refurbished computers that I began giving away.

It was fun.

My old PC's go to my son. 

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5